The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 29, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #8,641 of 12,992
  Eh, I just impulse bought the SZ1000. A local JVC distributor was having a sale, they didn't even have the SZ2k on stock so I didn't have to make that decision. Gonna pick it up this week, then I'm getting myself some amp I can find.

As someone who owned 100's of headphones and has been able to settle on just Portapros, SZ1k and SZ2k.... good choice bro. You will not regret it one bit. SZ1000 sound great even without EQ imo. Plus they sound better on lower energy sources than SZ2k (so you can coax more slammage out of, say, a smartphone than you could with SZ2k)

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #8,642 of 12,992
  As someone who owned 100's of headphones and has been able to settle on just Portapros, SZ1k and SZ2k.... good choice bro.

Whoa. Didn't know you had hundreds of different headphones before! Think you could list the top five most expensive ones and your top five in terms of sound preference aside from the three you just listed?

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #8,643 of 12,992
As someone who owned 100's of headphones and has been able to settle on just Portapros, SZ1k and SZ2k.... good choice bro. You will not regret it one bit. SZ1000 sound great even without EQ imo. Plus they sound better on lower energy sources than SZ2k (so you can coax more slammage out of, say, a smartphone than you could with SZ2k)

Yeah but how many if you subtract all the VE Monks :p

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #8,644 of 12,992
Yeah but how many if you subtract all the VE Monks
tongue.gif

That count was on ears and over ears alone.... when people here say bassheads spend the most money that is no lie.

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #8,645 of 12,992
Cool, thanks for the info. I actually inquired here due to your post on the Z1R thread. Looks like the bass quantity on Z1R is equal to signature dj? Is that without EQ/amping? Any idea how much potential the Z1R has for being a bass cannon? No one on the Z1R thread seemed particularly interested in maxing out 31 hz and doing a bass test haha. Totally understandable.

But it seems like you've got some basshead in you, care to eq the z1r and let us all know how it rumbles? I'm really torn between z1r and th900 for my upcoming big purchase. Th900 is obviously going to be basshead enough for me, but if the z1r comes close (or exceeds it), it'd definitely be the one for me.

Either will be a keeper for a long long time so I gotta get this right.

Yeah, very similar, and it maybe even has a bit more subbass (the Z1Rs.)
No, haven't tested like this and probably won't... LOL! Maybe in a few months. :p

As mentioned on my impressions, diminishing returns is a real thing. If you DON'T need a fully closed-back and are happy with sound leaking, the TH900 should be excellent amped or not and will probably provide what you are looking for. There's no "wrong" with getting either really.

Yeah but how many if you subtract all the VE Monks
tongue.gif

LOL.
Love the Monks BTW. They are incredible for the price. :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #8,646 of 12,992

No, haven't tested like this and probably won't... LOL! Maybe in a few months. :p

As mentioned on my impressions, diminishing returns is a real thing. If you DON'T need a fully closed-back and are happy with sound leaking, the TH900 should be excellent amped or not and will probably provide what you are looking for. There's no "wrong" with getting either really.

LOL.

Im digging that "probably" and "maybe in a few months"

b/c two statements have me confused in the comparisons with th900 and sig DJ. The one where Z1R is just as bassy as th900, and the other where z1R = sig DJ in bass department

like a lot of non audiophiles / more music lovers, who when they look for endgame place bass as #1, this info is still not available, that is, the potential of z1R being pushed.

i don't blame anyone for not wanting to do it in the honeymoon period, but im sure one of those Z1R owner is a basshead within, and can\t help him/herself and keep tinkering and pushing the limits.

biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #8,647 of 12,992

LOL.

Right on, thanks for the input.  Don't need a fully closed back and the price difference between the two is pretty substantial.  The Z1R is definitely more of a gamble in that regard, especially with regards to how satisfied I'll be at the limits of the bass.  A recent comment here about the Z7 scared me haha.  So  I'll most likely end up with the TH900 in a month or two, can't wait!  And if I have a $2000 hole burning in my pocket, I'll definitely check out the Z1R. 

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #8,648 of 12,992

Im digging that "probably" and "maybe in a few months"

b/c two statements have me confused in the comparisons with th900 and sig DJ. The one where Z1R is just as bassy as th900, and the other where z1R = sig DJ in bass department

like a lot of non audiophiles / more music lovers, who when they look for endgame place bass as #1, this info is still not available, that is, the potential of z1R being pushed.

i don't blame anyone for not wanting to do it in the honeymoon period, but im sure one of those Z1R owner is a basshead within, and can\t help him/herself and keep tinkering and pushing the limits.

biggrin.gif

If headphones bring the vibes folks get excited to show the paper earthquake. If we don't have a video after a month or so for an item it's cause it was tried and there is nothing there.

I remember when the DT1770 pro was being prepped for a video
biggrin.gif

Waving paper talks and ******** walks

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #8,649 of 12,992

When you say that sound is more to your liking, what do you mean exactly? 
biggrin.gif

Without the chance to hear either right now - I kinda need this type of info 
redface.gif

Didn't have the harsh highs like the Pro900 (and I'm definitely not usually susceptible to brightness bothering me) and the overall sound signature was more balanced while having the ability to push out plenty of bass (fed right with the C5 and EQ sliders on the low end pushed upwards).

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #8,650 of 12,992

Didn't have the harsh highs like the Pro900 (and I'm definitely not usually susceptible to brightness bothering me) and the overall sound signature was more balanced while having the ability to push out plenty of bass (fed right with the C5 and EQ sliders on the low end pushed upwards).

My Dj one pro also requires the bass sliders to be pushed up -  but I also do this to the top end. 

this might not be the most popular opinion bit I like both my ends to have a  bite 
biggrin.gif

Was the soundstage affected in any way ?  Pro900 should have a pretty big soundstage 
etysmile.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #8,651 of 12,992
I read this review on Amazon regarding the SZ2000's and want to know if the earpad description is accurate.  

Now for a secret - You want to make these things ABSOLUTE BASS BEASTS? Swap out the stock pads for the ones used on the JVC HA-M55X headphones. The pads are capable of transferring so much more kinetic kick to your skull that they don't even feel like the same headphones! (And they had plenty straight out of the box.)

Stock = Uncomfortable with only fair bass hits, so lose them ASAP.
Brainwavz = Extreme Comfort with "mainstream" bass response.
HA-M55x pads = Mainstream comfort with maximum BASS THUMP.

What do you think the reviewer meant by "mainstream bass response?"  Also, I've been looking for the HA-M55X pads and I haven't found anything that looks like the pads on the stock HA-M55X.  I have found this, but again they look nothing like the pads I've seen.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-pads-cushion-earpads-earmuff-cup-for-JVC-M55X-M55-X-m-55X-Headphones-headset-/182370431168

These Japanese headphones are our first choice when it comes to bass. JVC HA SZ2000 play bass better than 99% of other headphones.

http://headphonesaddict.com/15-best-on-over-ear-bass-headphones/

THE bass! You will experience a new level of bass, unless you’re already used to high-grade audiophile headphones. You can be sure these will surpass or at least match the best you’ve heard in this price range.

http://headphonesaddict.com/15-best-on-over-ear-bass-headphones/

What are the other 1% they are referring to?  If there is a headphone that puts out more bass than these, regardless of what price range they are in, what would those be?  Will there ever be a pair that hits harder then these come around?

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #8,652 of 12,992
  I read this review on Amazon regarding the SZ2000's and want to know if the earpad description is accurate.  

What do you think the reviewer meant by "mainstream bass response?"  Also, I've been looking for the HA-M55X pads and I haven't found anything that looks like the pads on the stock HA-M55X.  I have found this, but again they look nothing like the pads I've seen.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-pads-cushion-earpads-earmuff-cup-for-JVC-M55X-M55-X-m-55X-Headphones-headset-/182370431168

What are the other 1% they are referring to?  If there is a headphone that puts out more bass than these, regardless of what price range they are in, what would those be?  Will there ever be a pair that hits harder then these come around?

Te SZ are monsters with 55x pads. He ain't lying. that other 1%....no idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back