The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 31, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #7,906 of 12,991
Such a huge thread to read through. I am looking for some bass heavy over ear headphones. Primary use, games (first person shooters), and maybe some music. My go to cans are my AKG K7XX for just about everything else.
Budget $175-$225, I can push the budget a little if it is worth saving for.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #7,911 of 12,991
Well the Amazon marketplace vendor cancelled the order on the Fostex TH600... Not in stock anymore. I was surprised to find such a price on this product in the first place. So i'm still on the market for headphones it seems :/

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #7,912 of 12,991
https://www.amazon.com/System-HA-SZ2000-Stream-Woofer-Headphones/dp/B00CIQ7NXQ%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJ7VMODKUTIUWFY2Q%26tag%3Dheadfiorg-thr-rc-li-t-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB00CIQ7NXQ
  Well the Amazon marketplace vendor cancelled the order on the Fostex TH600... Not in stock anymore. I was surprised to find such a price on this product in the first place. So i'm still on the market for headphones it seems :/

The HA-SZ2000 by JVC have plenty of bass and good soundstage..

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #7,913 of 12,991
Thanks for the suggestion. I've indeed considered the JVC's but i encountered this problem with V-Moda's and didn't like it :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the sound from the V-Moda sounds way less clear. I'm not sure how to properly explain it but it sounds kinda like i'm in an echo chamber or a cavern when i use it. So my question was : Does more bass in headphones necessarily mean a more "cavernous" sound ? Is it a property of the bass to sound like that ? It's very pleasant for some styles of music, but for watching movies for example, it tends to eat the vocals and dialogs a little bit.

Thanks.

The JVC's are said in the rankings in the post to be "veiled". Isn't that exactly the same problem ? I would like something that comes with a great bass while keeping a good level of clarity.

So far my options seems to be a used pair of x00's or a new pair of E-MU teak. I've got a great feedback on the E-MU by AT Khan, but i struggle to find other advices on those headphones anywhere on the Internet (several advices on a product can't hurt). So if anyone has used those i could use their advices.

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #7,914 of 12,991
  Thanks for the suggestion. I've indeed considered the JVC's but i encountered this problem with V-Moda's and didn't like it :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the sound from the V-Moda sounds way less clear. I'm not sure how to properly explain it but it sounds kinda like i'm in an echo chamber or a cavern when i use it. So my question was : Does more bass in headphones necessarily mean a more "cavernous" sound ? Is it a property of the bass to sound like that ? It's very pleasant for some styles of music, but for watching movies for example, it tends to eat the vocals and dialogs a little bit.

Thanks.

The JVC's are said in the rankings to be "veiled". Isn't that exactly the same problem ? I would like something that comes with a great bass while keeping a good level of clarity.

So far my options seems to be a used pair of x00's or a new pair of E-MU teak. I've got a great feedback on the E-MU by AT Khan, but i struggle to find other advices on those headphones anywhere on the Internet (several advices on a product can't hurt). So if anyone has used those i could use their advices.

I complain of comfort on the JVC. And yes, they're not as good as EMU/Fostex/Denon overall. The later variants are SO MUCH MORE COMFY. I know this cuz I tried all pads on the JVC I could.

But remember what we discussed. They say in our town "Spend little and you'll always be crying. Spend a good amount and you just cry once".

Still recommend the EMU if u can get em. Worth it.

Look at this: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/survey-foster-443742-variants-subjective-listening-tests-denon-ah-d5000-massdrop-fostex-th#Akw7HhiWGvlrBGYi.97

This guy, matters in the audiophile world. Take it from him if not me.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #7,917 of 12,991
The E-MU wooden series got my interest after reading these posts, how would you rate their bass, specially compared to the TH X00's ? What is the bassiest cup ? Can the E-MU be called "basshead" headphones ?

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #7,918 of 12,991
Hi guys,

what do you think of these headphones http://www.teufelaudio.com/headphones/teufel-massive-p15386.html ??

It is a german manufacturer,they are titled as bass heavy cannons.I use the JVC HA MR 77X at the moment.I sure think they can't as hard as the JVC but maybe some cheap good gear?

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #7,919 of 12,991
  Hi guys,

what do you think of these headphones http://www.teufelaudio.com/headphones/teufel-massive-p15386.html ??

It is a german manufacturer,they are titled as bass heavy cannons.I use the JVC HA MR 77X at the moment.I sure think they can't as hard as the JVC but maybe some cheap good gear?

If its me, I would rather go with a 770 80ohm or an Ultrasone in the same price range. Though Dt is actually made in Germany and the lower end Ultrasones are not :p I dont know the wuro conversion but could probably just stick with JVC and the SZ1k and all its glory

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #7,920 of 12,991
I complain of comfort on the JVC. And yes, they're not as good as EMU/Fostex/Denon overall. The later variants are SO MUCH MORE COMFY. I know this cuz I tried all pads on the JVC I could.

But remember what we discussed. They say in our town "Spend little and you'll always be crying. Spend a good amount and you just cry once".

Still recommend the EMU if u can get em. Worth it.

Look at this: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/survey-foster-443742-variants-subjective-listening-tests-denon-ah-d5000-massdrop-fostex-th#Akw7HhiWGvlrBGYi.97

This guy, matters in the audiophile world. Take it from him if not me.

Interesting that he straight up said the 900's suck.
In fact he really didn't like any of them except the EMUs. I guess he sorta liked the 00's but really was only singing praises for the EMUs.

Opinions and all, not like I really care what others think, I like to find out on my own, but I am intrigued by those phones now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back