The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 3, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #3,466 of 12,992
Can anyone recommend me bass cannons for under 70? I will be running these through fiio e11 off my phone with poweramp and wondering if i can get some suggestions on budget cannon headphones for under 70$. I been looking for a long time for headphones within this price range that hits hard, i been looking into the jvc ha mr77x of course and the xb series and several others but wondering if anyone else in this thread has listened to them and can confirm they give nice ear massaging impact?

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #3,467 of 12,992
Can anyone recommend me bass cannons for under 70? I will be running these through fiio e11 off my phone with poweramp and wondering if i can get some suggestions on budget cannon headphones for under 70$. I been looking for a long time for headphones within this price range that hits hard, i been looking into the jvc ha mr77x of course and the xb series and several others but wondering if anyone else in this thread has listened to them and can confirm they give nice ear massaging impact?

For my collection, the now less than $50 Photive PH-BTX6 XBASS headphones come in 2nd only to my JVC SZ2000 headphones in mobile setup. The Sennheiser HD-650 has great bass, but there just isn't enough power to overdrive them and get BIG thump like you can with the Photives. Plus they are also quite good on-ear bluetooth headphones that you can answer calls on easily.

They offer maybe 80% of the thump the SZ2000s are giving me, and the sound is quite good, though the soundstage is noticeably smaller than the JVC SZ2000s offer. Plus I could replace the Photives 3 times over for the cost of the SZ2000s so I'm not nearly as paranoid about wear and tear in less than pristine locations with them!

I mention these since they match your under $70 criteria, and offer what I consider $150.00 arena performance easily.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #3,468 of 12,992
Sorry if I shouldn't be advertising this here - but I wanted to share this deal with all of you. Damn good Dap/Amp combo that will bring you to to the top of Bass Mountain with JVC 1-2000's. http://www.head-fi.org/t/753368/fiio-x5-e12-hs6-hs7

If I can get the money together before anybody else jumps it... 

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #3,469 of 12,992
  Sorry if I shouldn't be advertising this here - but I wanted to share this deal with all of you. Damn good Dap/Amp combo that will bring you to to the top of Bass Mountain with JVC 1-2000's. http://www.head-fi.org/t/753368/fiio-x5-e12-hs6-hs7

If I can get the money together before anybody else jumps it... 

No that's a good find. I'm doing custom themes for the X5 right now and that combo did this:

Nuff said..

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #3,473 of 12,992
  Im looking for mp3s that have good bass settings and eq options i am looking to upgrade from the Sony NWZ-E384 i have....
I also want the upgrade to have way more output to the headhones by itself than my mp3 does 

Check the portable device section as they can rec the latest and greatest. I have an iAudio10 and a X5
They are both great in different ways but they both need an amp though the X5 headphone out power is pretty good

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #3,477 of 12,992

​

​

On May 10th 2014 this thread began a series of posts (around page 30 on this thread)....

We now look 200,000 views in the face.

200,000 my basshead brothers.

It has been a success beyond my imagination and will very soon become the largest basshead thread that has ever been on this site ever. If the last 100,000 is any indication it will be long before summer and it heat rolls on us that this thread climbs to the top and plants a flag higher than there has ever been.

Your sense of ownership and self patrol has made this what it is. Keep it real.
Keep it really inside the lines of the site rules or head off to PM. This thread has become a beast that is bigger than me or you or us so never put it in harms way.
On May 10th me and cb3723 went on a tirade of awesomeness that is the highpoint of my Head-fi existence.

I am a Contributor without a title as I via you have helped this site and they in return have let us be free. Never let a fool rule. Flag a troll never engage them,

You run this thread. I am the OP but without you there need be no me.

We don't have a little spot on the web my brothers.....we got a big ******* sandbox....enjoy but play nice and trust me when I say it wasn't always this way. Let's makes it stays!!

ExtremeBass thread mother****ers!! KachaaaaaBOOOM!!!
 ​

​

​

This is how it started

CLASH OF 2 BASS TITANS

​
TITAN "Xtreme Bass" (XB)
 ​

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source: iPod Touch with EQ set to bass boost, playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE17 with bass EQ to max setting 10 and 6dB gain

Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

TITAN "Xtreme Xplosive" (77x)

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend: 
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail

*These 77x have been "badboy" modded.

This Gladitorial Bass display is brought to you by @cb3723 and myself.  This is the most fun I have had on Head-fi. Everything else is total ********. This....this is fun.

@kilspeed111  You're Gladiator is Beats Detox. I have the Youtube account to host your display. Please prepare your gladiator with the same Wiz track.  Or you use your Beats track and me and cb come back at you bro

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #3,479 of 12,992
BTW no rest till we reach 500k
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back