The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 1, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #3,452 of 12,992
Also on a side note as I'm a desktop listener would the Cayin C6 be a better suiter? Or maybe even the Fiio e17 or e18? Ideally I'm looking for an amp with a DAC too.

There are maybe some desktop listeners that can help with the eq n stuff but you cannot get around the e12 as the power is the sculpting device. You cannot cut a big enough slope without power so it's not an option.
If your a basshead then this is your lot in life. You gotta build piece by piece knowing that the video's are displaying bass at a level you can get with some lower to mid priced gear. If you gotta go slow because of your budget then get used to waiting.

Power...not negotiable.

If you have an iphone or android you can put the e12 between the Android with the Viper4Android app or Equalizer app for idevice and you are good to go without another dac

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #3,453 of 12,992

There are maybe some desktop listeners that can help with the eq n stuff but you cannot get around the e12 as the power is the sculpting device. You cannot cut a big enough slope without power so it's not an option.
If your a basshead then this is your lot in life. You gotta build piece by piece knowing that the video's are displaying bass at a level you can get with some lower to mid priced gear. If you gotta go slow because of your budget then get used to waiting.

Power...not negotiable.

If you have an iphone or android you can put the e12 between the Android with the Viper4Android app or Equalizer app for idevice and you are good to go without another dac

I hear you, thanks bro. So the general gist is there's no amp/DAC combo which will give the power the e12 (being just an amp) does for a reasonable price. I dont mind spending as long as it will give enough juice to the SZ2000s (ideally something that can plug in via USB) and the price isn't too crazy.

If this doesn't exist then yea I'll just get the e12 as it looks like the perfect partner for the SZ's.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #3,454 of 12,992

I hear you, thanks bro. So the general gist is there's no amp/DAC combo which will give the power the e12 (being just an amp) does for a reasonable price. I dont mind spending as long as it will give enough juice to the SZ2000s (ideally something that can plug in via USB) and the price isn't too crazy.

If this doesn't exist then yea I'll just get the e12 as it looks like the perfect partner for the SZ's.

That I dunno for sure and I'm about to sleep in a bit here in Japan but if anyone sees that and knows a good option they will hook you up.
These cans are power hungry and that's no doubt but your options as highlighted above may be more than the e12 but another would/will comment to that.

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #3,455 of 12,992
  That I dunno for sure and I'm about to sleep in a bit here in Japan but if anyone sees that and knows a good option they will hook you up.
These cans are power hungry and that's no doubt but your options as highlighted above may be more than the e12 but another would/will comment to that.

I was also thinking how crazy it would be to modify and replace the opamp by soldering on a more powerful chip with the same pin layout on the e10k to give it more power perhaps. But this is my crazy, uneducated, over ambitious, no idea what I'm taking about self talking.

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #3,456 of 12,992
Feb 1, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #3,457 of 12,992

The YT Channel is around 80,000 views and this vid is the king with 9,000 by itself and It is a constant drip of views every day all the time. Really amazing. We exist here in bits of time  but there are a ****load of folks who read this thread, never join, check the vids, buy the exact gear and move on down the line. Internet having served its purpose for them.

Good times for bassheads.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #3,458 of 12,992
I've had a look at the Aune T1 MK2 which seem like a well priced desktop amp/dac. Any input before I take the plunge?

Specs below:

Frequency response: 20hz-20khz 
Signal to noise Ratio: >=120db 
Lint out: 2Vrms 
Suitable headphone Impedance: 30ohm~600ohm 
Headphone Amp output: (biggest is 20V) 32ohm--1000MW,120ohm--400MW,300ohm--150MW 
Line output resistance: 100ohm 
Amp output resistance: 10ohm 
USB support: 24bit/96kHz 
Input interface: analog RCA interface* 1, USB interface * 1 
Output interface: analog RCA interface * 1, 6.5mm interface * 1 
Product Size: 132*96*40mm 
Package Size: 240*205*70mm 
Product weight: 800g 

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #3,459 of 12,992
Hi all. I haven't posted in a while but i always Lurk. Anyways was looking for some decent Headphones with big bass but easy to travel with. Found some cool looking Star wars by Street here. I heard street is pretty well on the Bass, ( Boom BOOM) 

http://www.amazon.com/SMS-Audio-STREET-Headphones-Alliance/dp/B00IORDBRK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422835610&sr=8-1&keywords=street+star+wars&pebp=1422835626475&peasin=B00IORDBRK

If not please recommend something. I will not be using an amp atm due to budget but will get one in the Near future

I was going to get some JVC HA-MR77X but if they don't sound that well without an amp and are hard to drive i may pass thanks. Budget is around 100$

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #3,460 of 12,992
  I've had a look at the Aune T1 MK2 which seem like a well priced desktop amp/dac. Any input before I take the plunge?

Specs below:

Frequency response: 20hz-20khz 
Signal to noise Ratio: >=120db 
Lint out: 2Vrms 
Suitable headphone Impedance: 30ohm~600ohm 
Headphone Amp output: (biggest is 20V) 32ohm--1000MW,120ohm--400MW,300ohm--150MW 
Line output resistance: 100ohm 
Amp output resistance: 10ohm 
USB support: 24bit/96kHz 
Input interface: analog RCA interface* 1, USB interface * 1 
Output interface: analog RCA interface * 1, 6.5mm interface * 1 
Product Size: 132*96*40mm 
Package Size: 240*205*70mm 
Product weight: 800g 

Well power wise and a Tube to boot....that looks dope. You will need to search this thread for "Peace GUI" and find the uber eq to pair with that amp

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #3,461 of 12,992
  Hi all. I haven't posted in a while but i always Lurk. Anyways was looking for some decent Headphones with big bass but easy to travel with. Found some cool looking Star wars by Street here. I heard street is pretty well on the Bass, ( Boom BOOM) 

http://www.amazon.com/SMS-Audio-STREET-Headphones-Alliance/dp/B00IORDBRK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422835610&sr=8-1&keywords=street+star+wars&pebp=1422835626475&peasin=B00IORDBRK

If not please recommend something. I will not be using an amp atm due to budget but will get one in the Near future

I was going to get some JVC HA-MR77X but if they don't sound that well without an amp and are hard to drive i may pass thanks. Budget is around 100$

For what you want the SMS are fine.

I got the SMS DJ PRO and without an amp they are pretty damned good

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #3,464 of 12,992

Any reason you bolding your text?
I don't cater to folks who don't read.

The guy who came out of a cave after seven years was reading before proceeding. You don't read.
You get what you deserve. read the bottom of the the list where it says nothing beats an over the head listening experience and you never once posted in this thread despite having an account already. Beats? You must be trippin' and you got a FiiO e6

That's your amp.......

Enjoy the benefits of not paying attention.

Good time for a friendly Extremebass reminder:

The settings and equipment are listed in exactly the way the hits are obtained. If you do or use anything different than that you will not get the same result.
If for example your amp is the size of a matchbox car your gonna be bummed.

I need to say this?

Really?

The reason to share exact settings is to prevent a person from failing. I was hoping that was obvious.

The weakness of the 77x.......what did i say in the description? Read it. See it now?
Goodnight from Japan..I'm out...

Ok - My bad - Got my Topping nx1 + ZY silver cable and although it's not exactly the hardware and tuning you used They sound way better. Bass is crisp and accurate and the EQ compensates for the mids and highs.

I stand corrected. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #3,465 of 12,992
  Ok - My bad - Got my Topping nx1 + ZY silver cable and although it's not exactly the hardware and tuning you used They sound way better. Bass is crisp and accurate and the EQ compensates for the mids and highs.

I stand corrected. 

Sorry for my bad manner
frown.gif

They are limited but for their price ...if bass is the backbone of your music listening they can thunder pretty good. The mids and highs (mids moreso) that need some/a lot of help.
Glad it's working better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back