The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 2, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #3,091 of 12,991
Damn... I got the e12a.

lol first the SZ1K now the e12a 
redface.gif
. Are they delivered yet? 'Cause at least you will get the full amount back if it's unopened. Or if you can cancel right now.
If it's $80 we have a deal. I can also offer a brand new set of Brainwavz S5 as a trade if you prefer. They are still in the box and worth $100.

Buck 80 is $180. $80 for a new pair can't happen lol. Even if it was used I wouldn't sell it that low. Especially if he bought them from Japan. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #3,094 of 12,991
lol first the SZ1K now the e12a 
redface.gif
. Are they delivered yet? 'Cause at least you will get the full amount back if it's unopened. Or if you can cancel right now.
Buck 80 is $180. $80 for a new pair can't happen lol. Even if it was used I wouldn't sell it that low. Especially if he bought them from Japan. 

I knoooooow ... I'm dying here, but atleast its workable. The sz1000's were delivered as scheduled today and its sad i'll just have to send it right back. I also got notification today that the m100, sz2000, and E12a's were shipped today (Thank god).

E12a will be here on Wed and i plan to test that out with my studio beats i got yesterday. So far I actually am enjoying the beats, least to say. I may or may not need to keep the E12a, i'm hoping i like it.

If the E12a lacks in bass vs. the E12 then where does the E12a exceed? and when you say the bass is not as heavy on the E12a, how would you rate the difference? For example, E12 is a 9/10, so the E12a is a 7.5/10. or? also this is from you're own experiance?

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #3,095 of 12,991
I knoooooow ... I'm dying here, but atleast its workable. The sz1000's were delivered as scheduled today and its sad i'll just have to send it right back. I also got notification today that the m100, sz2000, and E12a's were shipped today (Thank god).

E12a will be here on Wed and i plan to test that out with my studio beats i got yesterday. So far I actually am enjoying the beats, least to say. I may or may not need to keep the E12a, i'm hoping i like it.

If the E12a lacks in bass vs. the E12 then where does the E12a exceed? and when you say the bass is not as heavy on the E12a, how would you rate the difference? For example, E12 is a 9/10, so the E12a is a 7.5/10. or? also this is from you're own experiance?

E12A is made for IEM's and headphones with low impedance. Using both with the SZ2000, I doubt you could hear any diference. On high gain on my e12 there is 0 noise or hiss and that's the only thing e12a is made for: eliminating hiss and noise for iem's. So basically you choose the e12 cause it's cheaper and it has a bigger volume pot since it has more power.. The bass boost is the same from what I've read from people who heard both. I say just return and get the regular e12 if you wanna save cash or if youi know you're gonna use it with iem's too then keep it.

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #3,096 of 12,991
Guys I just purchased the J.V.C HA-SZ2000, but now I need a good bass amp.

I don't need a portable amp, I'll just use it as a desktop amp anyways. But if a portable amp gives better performance in my case I'll get it.

Can you guys recommend some/link me to an appropiate source?

P.S: are higher number Fiios' better or nah?

P.S.S could you recommend some replacement pads for the jvcs?

Thank you,
- Ram

The unofficial amp for the extreme bass club here is the Fiio E12. It is designed to be portable, but I suppose you can use it as a desktop amp as well if you want... Just make sure to charge it up every night. With a typical Li-Ion battery, you want to keep it topped up to prolong the life of it, IIRC. I believe you can also charge the E12 and use it at the same time, but I don't recommend it since you'll likely get a lot of noise in the line and it's not something great for the battery itself.

I get most of my stuff on Amazon. EBay can be unreliable due to lots of fake items or damaged/used stuff marked as new. I would only suggest eBay if you want to save some money and buy used, but make sure you check out the sellers ratings and stuff and the item description.
You can get the E12 HERE. Make sure to avoid the E12A, you want the non "A" version because it is less powerful.

The number of the model is irrelevant to its performance. Higher number does not necessarily mean better. For example, the Fiio E17 is a higher number than the E12, but they are two totally different products that do not do the same thing.

Two of the best pads for the SZ1000 and SZ2000 are the Brainwavz HM5 for comfort and performance, and the pads from the JVC HAM55X or HAM77X. The two JVC headphones are not very good, so I would recommend you not buy them, although, you can buy the pads themselves for much cheaper.

HM5 pads HERE and 55X pads HERE. I seriously suggest you get these immediately. These are dirt cheap, even with shipping, there's only a couple still for sale, so definetly get a pair of these ASAP if you are serious about getting a pair of SZ2000's or SZ1000's.
There is also an "extra thick" version of the HM5 pads,if you want. Here is a comparison of the extra thick and normal HM5 pads...
hm5extrathickpads_1.jpg

Also, here is what the extra thick pads look like on the SZ2000, IRL. Pic via a member here, not my pic...
350x700px-LL-5b3af9a6_JVCHA-SZ2000.jpeg

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #3,099 of 12,991
Guys I just purchased the J.V.C HA-SZ2000, but now I need a good bass amp.

I don't need a portable amp, I'll just use it as a desktop amp anyways. But if a portable amp gives better performance in my case I'll get it.

Can you guys recommend some/link me to an appropiate source?

P.S: are higher number Fiios' better or nah?

P.S.S could you recommend some replacement pads for the jvcs?

Thank you,
- Ram

Hi RadikulRAM,

I too own a FIIO (Though mine is the e17 which is a DAC and amplifier in one.) and I love it for what it does. However, to answer your question, no, you can't just go by the "Larger number is better" rule. I believe that the e12 is the highest output PORTABLE amplifier FIIO makes. It outputs a maximum of 880mW at 32 Ohm if I recall correctly, which is really good for a portable amp. And I don't know of a portable solution in that price range that outdoes it. (probably why it is the unofficial Basshead amp recommendation here.). The only reason I haven't bought one is that the iDSD Micro that I already own has a BRIGHT amp that outputs 950mW at 32 Ohm in NORMAL mode and 1560mW at 16 Ohm in TURBO mode, which I am hoping will punch through the SZ2000 "veil" that the SZ1000 doesn't reportedly have. (Both Mw values are continuous, not peak power values.). So I'm eager to have my SZ2000 arrive next week to pair them and see the performance their pairing brings. Up until now, I've had a pair of Photive PH-BTX6 headphones which get a nod from this group for being "okay" bass-heavy headphones, and they really perform well with all that power, so I'm hoping the SZ2000 pair well with it too. (But the iDSD Micro is an Amp/DAC combo unit that is more than twice as expensive as the SZ2000, so... Yeah.). I got the iDSD Micro to power my Sennheiser HD-650 headphones, (Another terrific headphone that rocks a really nice bass, and is considered "classic audiophile" class headphones.)

I also got the brainwavz thick padded replacement earcups to to push the SZ2000 to their potential. I can't wait to hear your impressions when your correct gear arrives. Which sounds for you like: SZ2000 / FIIO e12 (plain, no letters or DIY behind the 12) / HM55 or S5 replacement pads / and an equalizer.

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #3,100 of 12,991
Price drop for brand new unopend box of the SZ1000 ... $150 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 w/ 2 day shipping. PM if you're interested.

Jan 3, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #3,103 of 12,991
PM sent to 21qz

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #3,104 of 12,991
Updated post with new mods trials and results of the QFX
 Nice results, I will actually use these now.
For my tastes I would not want any more bass :) It's variable a bit though the mod. Dynamat next to bump it up.
 I would think at this cleaned up stage it should be EQ able now.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/2745#post_11079891

A quick note their smooth nature coupled with the wideness is something I am not used to. :)
Electronic is great. Sit back and chill out.

I AM going to go in and try some cotton though see what happens to the trebles might bring things up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back