The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 31, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #1,486 of 12,991
Dac I have got is much better in sound quality than any sound card on the market. I dont want to go back to sound cards so just need a program that EQ's thanks for the input though

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #1,487 of 12,991
Get AIMP, it's a music player but it has a pretty versatile EQ with 16 channels. Either that or ProQ but for that you'll need a VST and it's not as easy to use like the AIMP... however if you want to use an EQ on a browser for example, you can get the chrome extension Audio EQ, it's not as good as the AIMP EQ but it's still pretty good as a simple EQ... 

I use both cause I can't really live without an EQ since I realized the magic it can do

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #1,488 of 12,991
damn that proq cost like 400 pounds lmao, so I guess im out of luck with a good eq I would use foobar or another players eq but I listen to my music on spotify now and needed a stand alone one I already have the spotify EQ but it is not that good. thanks for the help

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1,489 of 12,991
  guys can anyone help me with a good stand alone equalizer for windows 7 I have brought a dac and it does not have any eq software so I cannot change the low frequencies if anyone could tell me a good equalizer I would greatly appreciate it. stand alone meaning not linked to foobar, spotify etc just an equalizer program thanks

This paired with the e12 gives a more exacting slam and can be tweaked to infinity..not sure if this was what you meant?
 or this is a windows eq from sourceforge

Razer Kraken​
 ​
 ​

​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing
Test Conditions

Source: HTC One M8 with boomsound, playing Beatsmusic Wiz Khalifa's​
"On My Level" track

Amp: Fiio E11, high power mode, 12db gain, 1st bass boost
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

beerchug.gif

Looks nice. You got that slamming good!!

After the cat walks across like it's no big deal cuz cats do that (I have several cats)...the paper vibe sound becomes more clear....the sound of the paper going nutz...good stuff. Cool cat...and cans

...Bassageddon is nigh!
wink.gif

imagejpg1-72.jpg

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #1,490 of 12,991

FOSTEX TH900
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/XbgOzsXz_-A[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing
Test tracks: cb3723 Bassageddon Brutal Mix

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on, gain: 16dB
Recommend:

Notes: First time I did the paper/bass test with the TH900, I didn't realise I had the Fiio E12 bass boost turned off - this new test has it switched ON.

Take special note that throughout the test their is NO distortion - especially noticeable on the vocals on the Wiz Khalifa track "On my level".

Also understand that these cans are fuggin expensive, and with that in mind also understand that I haven't pushed them to their limits of driver distortion, as I don't want to fugg these beauties - I estimate I pushed them to around 80% before they would show the first signs of distortion!

These cans push some of the CLEANEST sub bass I've seen, and they do it through 50mm drivers that are a pure work of art, crafted by the Shoguns that dwell at FOSTEX - these cans are remarkable in so many ways - detail, soundstage, imaging and of course - BASS.

The TH900 have always been regarded for their bass extension, but they've NEVER been opened up to really showcase just how far they can go - until now!

The a Fury of the FOSTEX is far from over though......up next is the TH900's younger sibling - the dark destroyer of worlds, the magnesium earcup menace that is the FOSTEX TH600!!!!!

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #1,491 of 12,991
You need a sound card that has an eq. To find out if your does click the start button, then search audio. Mine has Realtech. If you also have it, I can tell you the EQ settings I use

@ati832
Programs run through the sound card

Sorry for off topic, but which realtek alc do you have? I have 1150, and well the equalizer sucks some serious ass. I have it on a new z87 motherboard. This is going from a really crappy stock mobo that had VIA HD audio deck which was amazing. Sadly I can't seem to get it now. Do you use the stock eq or have you managed to find something else?

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,492 of 12,991
Sorry for off topic, but which realtek alc do you have? I have 1150, and well the equalizer sucks some serious ass. I have it on a new z87 motherboard. This is going from a really crappy stock mobo that had VIA HD audio deck which was amazing. Sadly I can't seem to get it now. Do you use the stock eq or have you managed to find something else?

What?

No comment on the Fury of the FOSTEX TH900? :basshead:

Dear Lord, you do realise your parents will have to hear of this?:blink:

Only joking :wink: welcome to the extreme bass club ....

First beer is on the house ....kick back a little and enjoy the bass, or more preferable, kick the bass :cool:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/gtATrfNQJLU[/VIDEO]​

You think the TH900's kick it? :)

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,493 of 12,991

FOSTEX TH900

Test Conditions

Recommend:

Notes: First time I did the paper/bass test with the TH900, I didn't realise I had the Fiio E12 bass boost turned off - this new test has it switched ON.

Take special note that throughout the test their is NO distortion - especially noticeable on the vocals on the Wiz Khalifa track "On my level".

Also understand that these cans are fuggin expensive, and with that in mind also understand that I haven't pushed them to their limits of driver distortion, as I don't want to fugg these beauties - I estimate I pushed them to around 80% before they would show the first signs of distortion!

These cans push some of the CLEANEST sub bass I've seen, and they do it through 50mm drivers that are a pure work of art, crafted by the Shoguns that dwell at FOSTEX - these cans are remarkable in so many ways - detail, soundstage, imaging and of course - BASS.

The TH900 have always been regarded for their bass extension, but they've NEVER been opened up to really showcase just how far they can go - until now!

The a Fury of the FOSTEX is far from over though......up next is the TH900's younger sibling - the dark destroyer of worlds, the magnesium earcup menace that is the FOSTEX TH600!!!!!

Back up front.
popcorn.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #1,494 of 12,991

What?

No comment on the Fury of the FOSTEX TH900?
basshead.gif

Dear Lord, you do realise your parents will have to hear of this?
blink.gif

Only joking
wink.gif
welcome to the extreme bass club ....

First beer is on the house ....kick back a little and enjoy the bass, or more preferable, kick the bass
cool.gif

At this point I can't look at anything else. It will only make things worse.

I have to stay a JVC-SZ1000 guy for a while. Already racked up another $2,500 worth of 'stuff' I really couldn't afford in the first place probably should have held back on

Keep your incredibly nice and decently expensive things away from me.

But anyways CB, I did have a question about those Dracco signatures you got. How much were they, and where did you buy them for? I saw them, exact model and everything for two different prices on Amazon. $40 shipped from Amazon, and $110+shipping from Thermaltake and fulfilled by Amazon.. seems odd to me.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #1,496 of 12,991
At this point I can't look at anything else. It will only make things worse.

I have to stay a JVC-SZ1000 guy for a while. Already racked up another $2,500 worth of 'stuff' I really couldn't afford in the first place probably should have held back on

Keep your incredibly nice and decently expensive things away from me.

But anyways CB, I did have a question about those Dracco signatures you got. How much were they, and where did you buy them for? I saw them, exact model and everything for two different prices on Amazon. $40 shipped from Amazon, and $110+shipping from Thermaltake and fulfilled by Amazon.. seems odd to me.

I picked up the Dracco Signatures up from Amazon UK and only paid £23.19 GBP ($39.13 USD), but bizarrely the same vendor now has them back up at £64.99GBP ($109.67 USD)!

The colour sent differed from the one displayed, but that doesn't bother me particularly - maybe if they'd come with pink pads I might have kicked up a fuss, but I got them for a steal and yellow pads matches the bling bling GoldMember theme :D

Buying direct from manufacturers usually costs more than the likes of Amazon I find - nothing suspicious going on there - I'd go with Amazon - they are more than a credible vendor and like google are a global giant - you're money is safe with them for sure.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0098C5ITY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bass/paper test is coming shortly for these 50mm gold and bold 24carat looking cans :wink:

Don't overlook your SZ1000's - they pack a mighty punch when EQ and amped right.

One extreme bass club member (not GoldMember - lol :D ) recently remarked that both the JVC SZ2000 & 1000 are the kind of headphones that come along maybe only once every 10yrs or so - he was right!

Show me another can that uses the Kelton subwoofer system only usually ever seen in floor speakers and you get the idea of the immensity of the cannons you own.

JVC purposely leave the 2&1K tame tuned from stock sound signature so as not to get put out of business with law suits for end users hearing damage if they tuned them to their full bass potential as stock sig straight out the box - that's why you've got to apply EQ and amplification to them to strike gold - and there's a bonanza of it just waiting to be tapped into .

If JVC stopped production of the SZ2&1K's today and didn't follow up with anything on the same level, both these cans would be instant classics and be highly sought after on the second user market when remaining stocks dried up from vendors :wink:

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #1,497 of 12,991

FOSTEX TH900

Test Conditions

Recommend:

​

that is some good ****. NOW HER-RY UP WIT DA TH600
biggrin.gif
.  seriously though i told myself not to get to stupid with this hobby too.  So if the th600 might kick someone off the list this month.  then i'm might have to skip the SZ's and get me one of these...  I looking for great mids and highs with the "kick your head in" bass

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #1,498 of 12,991

That's an outdated version. You need to update the driver
Mine looks like this

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #1,499 of 12,991
This probably isn't the right place to post this, but you guys would know the answer better than anyone.

So. Here's my issue.

I've got the ATH-PRO700 MKII. I replaced the stock pads with ATH M50 pads, like many people have, to improve the comfort, which it did.

Here's what I like about it.

Bass quantity and texture. Self explanatory. I'm kind of a basshead.

Highs aren't piercing at all at high volumes like they are with other headphones I've tried.

Detachable cable. This is a must.

They isolate moderately well. I need closed headphones.

Durability. They look and feel like they could withstand anything.

Portability. Size, rotation, and folding are nice.

However, I'm still wanting for more. Here are my desires, in decreasing order of importance.

The bass feels muddy, and I wish the instrument separation was better. I just wish the bass was sharper, more impactful, more clearly defined, with the same amount of bass. This might be impossible to replicate, but I had an experience where I was at a small concert, and in between bands they played radio rock music from some speakers that were installed at the venue. And oh my god did it sound amazing. You could tell each individual hit from the kick drum. It was sharp, not like the wall of muddy bass I too often hear. There was so much bass but it felt almost totally separate from the other frequencies, which were all there and sounded very good too. Now, I realize that this was probably accomplished through the use of dedicated subwoofers, but if a similar effect can be accomplished in closed headphones that would be awesome.

Similar to that is my desire for a larger soundstage. I realize this is a closed headphone, but other closed headphones are much better in this regard. Everything feels very cramped. I'm not looking for anything huge, just better than this.

More comfort would be nice. They clamp kind of tightly. But I can live with it.

Less leakage would be nice too, but again, I can live with the leakage of these cans.

Highs that are a little more lively would improve the sound, but I do realize that's hard to get without it being piercing and sibilant. I'd rather not have bright sounding headphones, unless it's not piercing and has a ton of tight, punchy bass.

I've had:

ATH-M50x - I really liked them when I had them but wanted much more bass and less piercing highs. When I compared side by side with the Pro700, I couldn't even stand the M50. This was what I felt like high end headphones should sound like though. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's separation or soundstage, but what I mean is that I can hear everything distinctly, there's a very nice reverb on drums, and even though the bass is a little light on more crowded songs, it's prominent than it otherwise would be because it's so distinct from the mids. But neither these nor the Pro700s that I'm currently comparing to sounded as good with crowded rock songs that had a lot going on at once as I'd have liked them to.

NAD VISO HP50 - Very comfortable, very clean sound, but a little too balanced. Too laid back and relaxed of a sound. Also felt very bright compared to the Pro700, but most cans would. Also pricey.

Ultrasone Pro 750 - I liked the sound signature but just wasn't wowed in general. I didn't try them out for long though, so I would be willing to give them another shot. I remember thinking they were harsh in the high end though. Also rather expensive.

Sony MDR-7520 - Same as HP50

Ultrasone HFI-580 - pretty much fell short to the ATH-M50 in all regards, and didn't have a removable cable.

V-Moda Crossfade LP / M100. I pretty much hated these. Muddy muddy muddy. Uncomfortable until I used the XL pads too. Good bass impact but didn't feel separate from the rest of the frequencies. Too expensive for the quality of sound they delivered.

I've never used an amp. I'm definitely willing to try a portable one, up to as expensive as a Fiio e12.

If what I'm searching for doesn't exist I'm willing to buy two headphones - one closed for on the go use, and one open to accomplish what I'm looking for.

I'd rather not play with EQ unless it's a setting on the amp.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time. Describing what I want is difficult because I'm not entirely sure what I want. I guess, if I had to, I'd say I want a ton of bass that sounds really good with crowded music, bass that has layers of texture and isn't a monotonous indistinguishable wall of rumble. An insane amount of fast bass, I guess.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #1,500 of 12,991
This probably isn't the right place to post this, but you guys would know the answer better than anyone.

So. Here's my issue.

I've got the ATH-PRO700 MKII. I replaced the stock pads with ATH M50 pads, like many people have, to improve the comfort, which it did.

Here's what I like about it.

Bass quantity and texture. Self explanatory. I'm kind of a basshead.

Highs aren't piercing at all at high volumes like they are with other headphones I've tried.

Detachable cable. This is a must.

They isolate moderately well. I need closed headphones.

Durability. They look and feel like they could withstand anything.

Portability. Size, rotation, and folding are nice.

However, I'm still wanting for more. Here are my desires, in decreasing order of importance.

The bass feels muddy, and I wish the instrument separation was better. I just wish the bass was sharper, more impactful, more clearly defined, with the same amount of bass. This might be impossible to replicate, but I had an experience where I was at a small concert, and in between bands they played radio rock music from some speakers that were installed at the venue. And oh my god did it sound amazing. You could tell each individual hit from the kick drum. It was sharp, not like the wall of muddy bass I too often hear. There was so much bass but it felt almost totally separate from the other frequencies, which were all there and sounded very good too. Now, I realize that this was probably accomplished through the use of dedicated subwoofers, but if a similar effect can be accomplished in closed headphones that would be awesome.

Similar to that is my desire for a larger soundstage. I realize this is a closed headphone, but other closed headphones are much better in this regard. Everything feels very cramped. I'm not looking for anything huge, just better than this.

More comfort would be nice. They clamp kind of tightly. But I can live with it.

Less leakage would be nice too, but again, I can live with the leakage of these cans.

Highs that are a little more lively would improve the sound, but I do realize that's hard to get without it being piercing and sibilant. I'd rather not have bright sounding headphones, unless it's not piercing and has a ton of tight, punchy bass.

I've had:

ATH-M50x - I really liked them when I had them but wanted much more bass and less piercing highs. When I compared side by side with the Pro700, I couldn't even stand the M50. This was what I felt like high end headphones should sound like though. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's separation or soundstage, but what I mean is that I can hear everything distinctly, there's a very nice reverb on drums, and even though the bass is a little light on more crowded songs, it's prominent than it otherwise would be because it's so distinct from the mids. But neither these nor the Pro700s that I'm currently comparing to sounded as good with crowded rock songs that had a lot going on at once as I'd have liked them to.

NAD VISO HP50 - Very comfortable, very clean sound, but a little too balanced. Too laid back and relaxed of a sound. Also felt very bright compared to the Pro700, but most cans would. Also pricey.

Ultrasone Pro 750 - I liked the sound signature but just wasn't wowed in general. I didn't try them out for long though, so I would be willing to give them another shot. I remember thinking they were harsh in the high end though. Also rather expensive.

Sony MDR-7520 - Same as HP50

Ultrasone HFI-580 - pretty much fell short to the ATH-M50 in all regards, and didn't have a removable cable.

V-Moda Crossfade LP / M100. I pretty much hated these. Muddy muddy muddy. Uncomfortable until I used the XL pads too. Good bass impact but didn't feel separate from the rest of the frequencies. Too expensive for the quality of sound they delivered.

I've never used an amp. I'm definitely willing to try a portable one, up to as expensive as a Fiio e12.

If what I'm searching for doesn't exist I'm willing to buy two headphones - one closed for on the go use, and one open to accomplish what I'm looking for.

I'd rather not play with EQ unless it's a setting on the amp.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your time. Describing what I want is difficult because I'm not entirely sure what I want.

Sounds like you're in need of ULTRASONE Signature DJ's - they have a very tight fast and controlled bass, excellent soundstage and clear and crisp mids and highs that don't get bled into by the bass, and they don't require an amp - they just plug into your DAP directly and sound amazing from the off.

Bass is emphasised but not overbearing but doesn't extend right down deep into sub bass, but it's beautifully textured and controlled mids are forward and highs are smooth and not harsh - a fun sound signature that's detailed with good separation for sure.

They are also highly robust and comfortable with luxurious Ethiopian sheepskin leather that is unique in not becoming porous over time off any sweat.

Clamping is firm but nowhere near the vice type grip of the PRO700 mk2 (I also own these cans so know exactly what you are talking about).

Sig DJ comes with two detachable cables - one a long coiled DJ type which is 6.3mm (Neutrik) to 2.5mm jack inputs and the other a day to day shorter convenient silver braided type with transparent housing terminated in 3.5mm to 2.5mm jack input and also has an inline pause/play remote. Both screw to lock into the left earcup, both cables are very high quality with all jack connectors being gold plated.

The S-Logic Plus feature unique to ULTRASONE is designed to give you a natural surround sound which enhances soundstage but also reduces sound pressure level by up to 40% - so you won't go deaf or get tinnitus or won't develop both as quickly if you play music excessively loud, but as you inform you aren't looking to use EQ or want to use an amp (which these cans don't require anyway) the slam effect of lower registers being reduced isn't really of any issue to you.

These headphones sound amazing plugged directly into your source un-amplified, have amazing emphasised bass that is fast, tight and beautifully controlled that doesn't bleed out into the other registers - a true audiophile basshead headphone that is a lot of fun and a noticeable step up from the Pro700mk2, IMO.

They aren't the cheapest headphones around but you do get what you pay with these headphones - definitely recommended for you to audition.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/c8Ai6Vf6H4w[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/_pomIJ-Cj8o[/VIDEO]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back