Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 14, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #61,891 of 75,216
Maybe
DIY Workroom Setmagic Deep RED 32(ohm) PET (Mylar Foil, Classic MX500)
"Group" is not an official term :D
We are audio DIY enthustiast with many talents including 3D modeling and CNC printing, circuts electronic design and driver tunning.
We have also doctor on room :deadhorse:

It is easier to understand for anyone who has been here for a while if we simply summarize it in that we are people that @furyossa put in contact, after more than a year friends. In my case, he taught me practically everything I know about DIY, added to everything that the rest contributes, it's a luxury!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #61,892 of 75,216
It is easier to understand for anyone who has been here for a while if we simply summarize it in that we are people that @furyossa put in contact, after more than a year friends. In my case, he taught me practically everything I know about DIY, added to everything that the rest contributes, it's a luxury!
In all the cases hermano ! @furyossa 🥃

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #61,895 of 75,216
Thanks for your impressions. Aside from tonal comparisons, what are other technical aspects of FF3? detailing, timbre, texture, extension in the treble, etc. Are worth a 100usd earbud?
I'm really enjoying the FF3. Nice bass with good sub-bass rumble, as long as the music you're listening to has that kind of bass impact. Overall sonic balance is excellent. Bass that doesn't step all over (muddy) the mid-range or treble. Nice clean treble extension, not so bright that it is fatiguing on longer listening sessions. These buds perform well with either neutral or warm amps / DAPs and perform well with any music genre.

You still have over 30 hours (at time of this post) before the Fiio AE store sale ends. Get them for $78.99 and free shipping.

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #61,899 of 75,216

In all the cases hermano ! @furyossa 🥃
Thanks hermanos for the kind words:beerchug:

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #61,900 of 75,216
Thought I’d try this setup with the sun dice today :)
3BACCF7E-4343-4B19-B5F1-3339563689E7.jpeg

Jul 15, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #61,902 of 75,216
So, I am finding that the RW3000 are not too far behind the Yinman (for my ears). For the most part, they need a bit of bass boost across the board. This DOES help with the presence region boost. I might need to dial that one down just a tad. At least I can now listen to all but the most ear-splitting stuff (Judas Priest, Alice In Chains, etc...). These definitely have the clarity over the Yinman.

But, overall the warmth, added bass, non boosted tuning in the presence region, and the treble air make these sound almost equal to the clarity of the RW3000, but without hurting the ears when listening to the above mentioned groups and with a much fuller and richer sound. I can only say "smooth". Now that I have been listening to them for a time, I am finding that I agree with @WoodyLuvr (good ears btw) about missing the bass slam. It reaches really deep, but it is just missing that ONE ingredient.

I still find the Yinman to be the best (to my ears) over my others, but upon lengthy listening, and comparisons, it is not near as clear cut as I thought it was upon first listen. All of my buds have a quality that puts them over the others, so it boils down to which one is better overall, even if it fails in one or more areas that the others do better. That still equates to the Yinman for me.

I also have to add that upon more listening time, the SO driver in the M2s Pro is REALLY sounding great to my ears. All the things I have read say that the 150Ti sounds best in these, but I am not quite as sure, though they are REALLY close. I am still awaiting my 32 ohm fiber, so I reserve judgment on the Smabat drivers until I can complete the experience.

Anyhow, enough of my ranting on, just thought I would share my latest thoughts. :)

Jul 15, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #61,903 of 75,216
One thing a hate about the SMABAT drivers is that they are all very good! I tend to like the one I’m listening to more than the others—no matter which one that is. I sometimes wonder if my love of the 150ti is simply because I no longer have a working pair and I want it.

Jul 15, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #61,904 of 75,216
One thing a hate about the SMABAT drivers is that they are all very good! I tend to like the one I’m listening to more than the others—no matter which one that is. I sometimes wonder if my love of the 150ti is simply because I no longer have a working pair and I want it.
A very good way to put it.

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #61,905 of 75,216
Been working on a good EQ for the RW3000 while taking a break from the Yinman burn-in, and I have come up with one that makes them sound exquisite (to me). It is in Neutron Music Player app on android. It uses a combination of PEQ and EQ (one of the reasons I love this app so much):

Screenshot_20220715-210059.png

Code:
Pre Gain = -6.4dB
Band = 32Hz          Q = 1.2     Gain = +9dB (low shelf)
Band = 150Hz        Q = 1.2     Gain = +5dB (low shelf)
Band = 1000kHz    BW = 1     Gain = +2dB
Band = 4000kHz    Q = 4        Gain = -2dB
Band = 8000kHz    Q = 1.2     Gain = +3dB (high shelf)
Band = 10000kHz  Q = 1.20   Gain = +5dB (high shelf)

Edit: It DOES narrow the staging just a bit, but it is a good trade-off to not have my ears bleed when trying to crank a good song... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back