Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 16, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #61,906 of 75,537
Could someone achieve an EQ for RW2000 that is as satisfying as the description of the one above ?

Jul 16, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #61,907 of 75,537
Could someone achieve an EQ for RW2000 that is as satisfying as the description of the one above ?
I also have those. I will give it a shot.. It will probably have the same -2dB wide band subtraction that is on the RW3000 because they are very similarly tuned in the presence region (meaning boosted). More so than on the RW3000, the RW2000 rely on that boost for clarity, and if you take that away, they actually sound recessed in the treble region (to my ears) a bit. The RW3000 has much more treble linearity and just more of it also.

Jul 16, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #61,908 of 75,537
Give this a try and let me know what you think?!

Screenshot_20220716-024956.png

Code:
Pre Gain = -4.2dB
Band = 63Hz          Q = 1.2     Gain = +5dB (low shelf)
Band = 73Hz          BW = 1     Gain = +4dB
Band = 250kHz      BW = 1     Gain = +2dB
Band = 500kHz      BW = 1     Gain = +3dB
Band = 1000kHz    BW = 1     Gain = +2dB
Band = 4000kHz    BW = 3     Gain = +5dB
Band = 8000kHz    Q = 2.2     Gain = +3dB (high shelf)
Band = 10000kHz  Q = 1.2     Gain = +5dB (high shelf)

Edit: Apologies to those purists that think EQ is sacrilege, but I think a good driver is a good driver and it might just need a bit of a nudge to make it right.. Yincrow has some really good drivers in their buds IMHO. :)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #61,909 of 75,537
DIY Workroom Setmagic Cappuccino Gold
AGC_20220716_123350485-01~2.jpeg

300 ohm in custom profiled classic MX500, MMCX balanced 2,5mm powered by ES100mk2 in double power voltage 6,4V.

I would like to keep mmcx connectors raw as possible to bring more gold accent on shells. Shells are shiny like porcelain cups.
8 core cable transparent-coffe cooper and gold plated OCC.

Sound is balanced and have nice warmth and depth that's why it's perfect for large coffe listening Jazz.

Special thanks @FranQL and CestMoi.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #61,910 of 75,537
Work is super busy right now with several projects running at the same (over)time. Not much free time for visiting the forums lately.

Ok, here's a little bit of info. I got the stainless steel version. The buds have some good weight for buds, but they're comfortable in the ears. The cable is very similar to the FiiO EM5 cable. The one thing I don't like about the cable is that it has a memory, meaning when I took the FF3 out of the box the left bud cable had a loose 'S' bend in it near the bud from the packing. Maybe it will straighten out with time, but right now the 'S' bend portion sometimes touches the side of my face, which is annoying. I think I'll soak that part of the cable in some warm water to see if the rubberized cable jacket will reshape itself or allow me to manipulate it somewhat straight again.

The FF3 come with 3 different foams. Thick (not super thick) if you want more bass. Medium/thin for balanced sound and donut foams for that extra treble sparkle. I tried the thick first and the bass was excellent, but the treble was too muffled, rolled off for my taste. The medium/thin foams really struck the right balance for me, as I'm sure it will also work for others as well. Nice bass and sub-bass (if the music has that sub-bass kick) while mids and treble sound just right. Not forward or recessed. This is my impression after listening to them for just a couple of hours and switching tunes to see how they perform. I haven't had a chance to compare them to other buds I have.

I'll leave it at that for now until I get more time to intently listen to these new FF3 and compare to other buds I have. Over all I really like them, nice sound stage, not wide, but not stuck in your head either (like some IEMs). Very easy to listen to without fatigue. Would I recommend a blind buy? I would. For their midrange price they perform nicely and I think would fit in great with anybody's earbud arsenal. FiiO's new 'drum head' bass tech sounds pretty good to me with the FF3's. The upcoming FF5's might even be better? I guess we won't know until they come out.

FiiO FF3 comparisons:

FiiO FF3 comes with 3 different sets of foams. What FiiO refers to as "Bass foam eartips" (thick full foams), "Balanced" (thin full foams) and "Crispy treble" (donut foams). The balanced foams are working best for me. The cable is permanently attached at the buds and the plug end can be swapped between 3.5mm SE and 4.4mm balanced. The 4.4mm balanced plug is included. The FF3 come with 3 small pouches of different foams and a plastic water tight storage box.

I don't have a set of the FiiO EM3, so can't compare the FF3 to it. I've read that the EM3 got rave reviews and are an excellent low budget choice that punches above it's weight class. I'm not sure what they cost when they were first released, but now they can be had for around $20. That's still very reasonable for a set of buds that are reputed to have excellent sound quality. Maybe someone who has both EM3 and FF3 can do a comparison.

FiiO FF3 (balanced foams) vs FiiO EM5 (donut foams):

The FF3 are not as bass heavy as the EM5. As mentioned in the previous post the FF3 does have nice bass and sub-bass (if the music has that sub-bass kick) while mids and treble sound just right. Not forward or recessed, nor overly bright. While the EM5 by it's design is a basshead's dream earbud. The EM5 with full foams have excellent bass, but IMO it's too much for it's own good. Anyway, I use donut foams on the EM5 to tame the bass and let the mid-range and treble shine a bit. I found the EM5 with donut foams to only really sound good when matched with a neutral sound source, while the FF3 sounds great with either neutral or warm sounding sources.

FiiO FF3 (balanced foams) vs Yincrow RW-3000 (donut foams):

The FF3 while very nice sounding are no match for the RW-3000. The overall sound presentation of the RW-3000 is awesome. The interplay of bass, mid-range and treble of the RW-3000 are very good and create a certain soundstage and audio imaging that I really like. Of course there is one caveat. I found the RW-3000 like to be matched up with a warm sounding source. With a neutral source the RW-3000 high end can be a little fatiguing on the ears, though I think I'm getting used to it by now. As already mentioned the FF3 sounds great with either neutral or warm sources.

FiiO FF3 (balanced foams) vs RikuBuds Berserker 1 (donut foams):

First, gotta give some props to @RikudouGoku for coming up with the Berserker 1 buds. For those who have had the pleasure to hear them, you already know why they are in @WoodyLuvr's current top 3 buds lineup.

Well, here's the surprise. It was very hard to compare the FF3 to the Berserker 1 buds. The sound signature of both buds are very similar with small differences. Now considering that the FF3 had full (balanced sound) foams on and the Berserker 1 had donut foams on. The Berserker 1 buds are bass cannons with full foams on, but in a good way. For my own ears I had to use donut foams to tune them the way I like them to sound. Having said that, both FF3 and B1 buds have similar bass profile with the B1 just edging out the FF3. The bass in both buds do not muddy up the mids or treble. The mids and treble are very well balanced with the bass in both buds, with the B1 being a little brighter on the high end. I already mentioned how the FF3 play nice with either neutral or warm sources, well so does the Berserker 1.

So now you know what I think of the FiiO FF3 through these comparisons. Are they worth it to have in your earbud arsenal? Only you can determine that for yourself. As for myself, I'm glad I got them.

Instead of me posting pictures of the set I got, here's a link to some fine pictures of the FF3 shared by FiiO in the forums. My stainless steel ones look exactly the same as the FiiO provided pictures.
What are the differences between the EM5 and the RW-3000 in sound quality?

Jul 16, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #61,911 of 75,537
What are the differences between the EM5 and the RW-3000 in sound quality?
Here's my comparison post: FiiO EM5 vs Yincrow RW-3000

Also browse the few pages after my post because there were one or two replies which confirmed my impressions. These are on the higher end of cost for buds, so I can understand wanting to get impressions before taking the "leap off the cliff" so to speak. Hope that helps.

Jul 16, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #61,912 of 75,537
FiiO EM5 vs Yincrow RW-3000

Sound source: Mac Mini USB C > miniDSP HA-DSP (with DSP filtering off)

As a side note, at my computer I listen to music with Sennheiser HD 598SE open back headphones compensated to Harman headphone curve with the miniDSP HA-DSP.

FiiO EM5 with donut foams notes:

Overall balanced with bass emphasis. Midrange gets nice bass timbre for added fullness without getting dragged into the mud.
Treble is slightly rolled off, but details present, male vocals good, lose some edge in female vocals and instruments. Not fatiguing to listen to due to the treble roll off.

Yincrow RW-3000 with donut foams notes:

Overall well balanced, clean & clear mid-centric and treble emphasis, not lacking bass, but not as deep compared to EM5. Had to turn up the volume a little bit on the HA-DSP (compared to EM5) to bring out the true nature of the RW-3000.

Synergy notes:

The miniDSP HA-DSP is neutral (as a DSP should be!). With DSP filtering off the EM5's were easier to listen to, probably due to the slight treble roll off. The RW-3000 had better clarity, but wasn't as comfortable to listen to for an extended amount of time. Instead of donut foams, full foams would probably have increased the bass and toned down the highs.

My main goto DAPs are Sony ZX507 and ZX300 with WalkmanOne firmware. Sony DAPs are known for their warm sound signature. I also have a Shanling M3X which is more neutral sounding. The EM5 with donut foams pair well with the M3X, while the RW-3000 with donut foams pair well with either of the Sony DAPs.

EDIT: Another thought just occurred. Considering FiiO may have tuned the EM5 for best sound from their own DAPs / Amps (which I believe are neutral sounding) then it would make sense that they would sound good with other neutral sources.

In the end I don't think you could go wrong with either the EM5 or RW-3000. It depends on your own personal sound profile. I think your playback source will be a factor in what you experience. Also if you're not a purist and can live with some DSP (PEQ) tweaks, you'll probably get on with either of these buds no matter what your source.

FiiO EM5 without any DSP compensation.

Songs I used for A/B listening:

Billy Joel: Piano Man
Anuhea: Charismatic SOB
Euge Groove: Slow Jam
Aaron Copeland: Fanfare for The Common Man
Bonnie Raitt: I Can't Make You Love Me
Jake Shimabukuro: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Mariah Carey: Love Takes Time
Frank Zappa: The Grand Wazoo
Sade: Your Love Is King
The Who: Quadrophenia
The Marshall Tucker Band: Searchin' For A Rainbow
Mindi Abair: The Joint
love your review, thanks

Jul 16, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #61,913 of 75,537
Been a while since I checked in here. About a year ago I got the LBBS and the Yincrow X6. The LBBS is a good little bud, sounds good to me both with and without EQ. However, it pretty quickly got relegated to the bud drawer because I cannot for the life of me get a good fit with it. I think it's the bell shape + maybe the size that just won't play right with my ears, especially on the left side it's constantly slipping out.

The X6 on the other hand has been an absolute banger of a purchase. I've been using it pretty much daily this past year and I like everything about it. It fits just right and I find it to have a very pleasant sound, very comfortable to listen to for long periods and it manages to handle every genre I throw it at least competently. Unfortunately, I seem to have damaged it when I wore it while sleeping this week 😥

So I'm looking to order a replacement. I could just order another pair of X6's, but I was wondering if there were any buds with similar sound? Maybe something with removable cables? I'd definitely be willing to spend a bit more this time around, since I now know what kind of sound I like. I see NiceHK has a couple of new models out and are running coupons.

Jul 16, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #61,914 of 75,537
Good mail day today :) QLabs Magnus Fath with some Trig Rain color foamies... think I have almost all of the colors now.

Initial impressions on the Magnus, really like this new vjc cable.. feel and bendability is nice, similar to the blur 266r. Magnus itself is very warm, warmest bud I have. Will give it a few days for burn, see where it's at.

20220716_154957.jpg

20220716_155008.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #61,915 of 75,537
Been a while since I checked in here. About a year ago I got the LBBS and the Yincrow X6. The LBBS is a good little bud, sounds good to me both with and without EQ. However, it pretty quickly got relegated to the bud drawer because I cannot for the life of me get a good fit with it. I think it's the bell shape + maybe the size that just won't play right with my ears, especially on the left side it's constantly slipping out.

The X6 on the other hand has been an absolute banger of a purchase. I've been using it pretty much daily this past year and I like everything about it. It fits just right and I find it to have a very pleasant sound, very comfortable to listen to for long periods and it manages to handle every genre I throw it at least competently. Unfortunately, I seem to have damaged it when I wore it while sleeping this week 😥

So I'm looking to order a replacement. I could just order another pair of X6's, but I was wondering if there were any buds with similar sound? Maybe something with removable cables? I'd definitely be willing to spend a bit more this time around, since I now know what kind of sound I like. I see NiceHK has a couple of new models out and are running coupons.
I'd highly recommend you check out models from DIYers - best bang for your buck. E.g. Rikubuds, Tgxear, Newbsound, Valphonics.

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #61,916 of 75,537
DIY Workroom Setmagic Coffe Gold
AGC_20220716_123350485-01~2.jpeg

300 ohm in custom profiled classic MX500, MMCX balanced 2,5mm powered by ES100mk2 in double power voltage 6,4V.

I would like to keep mmcx connectors raw as possible to bring more gold accent on shells. Shells are shiny like porcelain cups.
8 core cable transparent-coffe cooper and gold plated OCC.

Sound is balanced and have nice warmth and depth that's why it's perfect for large coffe listening Jazz.

Special thanks @FranQL and CestMoi.
@rprodrigues aka CestMoi 🥃

Jul 17, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #61,917 of 75,537

I have similar issue with LBBS - it is the lack of stem that makes the small, light shell unstable in the ear.
Direct upgrade to X6/Vido would be RY4S+ which has mmcx, so you can connect a cable of your choice. The best sounding cheap earbud is Ksearphone K64, it has flatter signature than X6, but it is excellent.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #61,918 of 75,537
Longyao-Yinman龙谣音曼
2.0 600 Limited Edition; 600Ω

My new earbuds arrived! Very pleased with their performance thus far. Although warm-sounding their resolution and timbre is crazy good. And boy do they scale with power! Their rated sensitivity of 95dB ±3dB/mW is quite conservative as I am finding them to be much harder to drive than even my Puresounds PS100-600S (600Ω @ 93dB ±3dB/mW but definitely had felt they were actually sub 93 dB/mW in sensitivity). So I am thinking that these Yinmans are probably closer to 90-91dB/mW in sensitivity rather than 95dB/mW.

Due to recent high demand Longyao-Yinman has launched this all new 2022 model with fixed cabling only; Longyao imprinted jacks; and uses similar wooden shells with the long wooden stems as seen (used) on the Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 DR08, Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 DR09, and Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛 models. The original 2016 Yinman 音曼 600 fixed cable models did not utilize long wooden stems. More information at Longyao-Yinman Models Timeline.

They are shipped with the same extraordinarily well-made mini wooden box accompanied by the older Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 MMCX version. I was informed that although packaged & shipped in the same wooden box this is indeed a new model for 2022... they simply have hundreds and hundreds of these wooden boxes remaining in stock to use up. I don't mind as it is a very nice miniature box indeed!

Bought, thanks. @samandhi is also to blame, he mentioned them in the DX320 thread.:grin:

Will use them at work with a powerful old Aune Burr-Brown dac/amp.

Should be more convenient than my inears for frequent put-ons-and-offs !

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #61,919 of 75,537
Bought, thanks. @samandhi is also to blame, he mentioned them in the DX320 thread.:grin:

Will use them at work with a powerful old Aune Burr-Brown dac/amp.

Should be more convenient than my inears for frequent put-ons-and-offs !
I, for one would like to hear your impressions of them?! Did yours come in the box like @WoodyLuvr's or did they come with the raw box (like mine)? Did yours come with a carry case?

If you like them then I will share the blame, but if you don't then I don't know what you are talking about, and it is all WoodyLuvr's fault.... :imp:

Congratz on your new buds! :)

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #61,920 of 75,537
I, for one would like to hear your impressions of them?! Did yours come in the box like @WoodyLuvr's or did they come with the raw box (like mine)? Did yours come with a carry case?

If you like them then I will share the blame, but if you don't then I don't know what you are talking about, and it is all WoodyLuvr's fault.... :imp:

Congratz on your new buds! :)
I'll receive them on August 1st if all goes well. Will report back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back