Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 14, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #61,880 of 75,533
Jajajajajjajajajjajajjajaja

it's a great sound, very clean and transparent, with deep bass, focused on high mids
Exactly!
DIY Workroom JJ 130 ohm Beryllium
jj_1k3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #61,881 of 75,533
Well done! 32ΩTi driver? I'll add to the Flathead Timeline!
This is 32 ohm MYLAR foil (PET) driver without any coating.

Its a brand new tunning from DIY Workroom group. As @FranQL said it's very vivid and deep bass same time.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #61,884 of 75,533
This looks like it'll have more bass

not necessarily, it is a better driver (IMO) with a different and better sound, the bass is of better quality, more complete and impressive, and there is also a good sub-bass (for a bud), depending on the tuning you can get different signatures, I repeat, a great driver that is worth what it costs

Jul 14, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #61,885 of 75,533
not necessarily, it is a better driver (IMO) with a different and better sound, the bass is of better quality, more complete and impressive, and there is also a good sub-bass (for a bud), depending on the tuning you can get different signatures, I repeat, a great driver that is worth what it costs
@mochill I can compare for You 32ohms in current tunning and 130Ohm Berry made by @FranQL

@FranQL is higher fidelity but 32 is more fun.
Deep RED is a little bit v-shaped with smooth treble and deep bass extension.
130Berry by FranQL have more resolution but also balanced sound with faster bass response but not that loud than competitor.
DeepRED is made for fun. 130 is refined and more sophisticated.
Soundstage is wider on DeepRED and also deeper than 130Berry who is made for separation.
32 are also few times cheaper than 130 berry

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #61,886 of 75,533
This is 32 ohm MYLAR foil (PET) driver without any coating.

Its a brand new tunning from DIY Workroom group. As @FranQL said it's very vivid and deep bass same time.
@mochill I can compare for You 32ohms in current tunning and 130Ohm Berry made by @FranQL

@FranQL is higher fidelity but 32 is more fun.
Deep RED is a little bit v-shaped with smooth treble and deep bass extension.
130Berry by FranQL have more resolution but also balanced sound with faster bass response but not that loud than competitor.
DeepRED is made for fun. 130 is refined and more sophisticated.
Soundstage is wider on DeepRED and also deeper than 130Berry who is made for separation.
32 are also few times cheaper than 130 berry
How should I list it on the timeline?

Setmagic Deep RED; 32ΩPET (Mylar Foil; Classic MX500; tuning by DIY Workroom Group)

or

DIY Workroom Group Setmagic Deep RED; 32ΩPET (Mylar Foil; Classic MX500)

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #61,889 of 75,533
How should I list it on the timeline?

Setmagic Deep RED; 32ΩPET (Mylar Foil; Classic MX500; tuning by DIY Workroom Group)

or

DIY Workroom Group Setmagic Deep RED; 32ΩPET (Mylar Foil; Classic MX500)
Maybe
DIY Workroom Setmagic Deep RED 32(ohm) PET (Mylar Foil, Classic MX500)
"Group" is not an official term :D
We are audio DIY enthustiast with many talents including 3D modeling and CNC printing, circuts electronic design and driver tunning.
We have also doctor on room :deadhorse:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back