Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 13, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #61,863 of 75,533
Yes, for me it's always full circle back to the Koss KSC75's lol (on parts express headband of course!)

Actually, let's go with Yincrow RW9's. Every time I circle back and listen to them again, they make me very happy!

Jul 14, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #61,864 of 75,533
So, I got the Yinman 600 2.0 today. I'll start with the packaging:

The box is not near as pretty as the one you got. It is raw wood, glued together. No stamps, or a finish on it. Really light and fragile pressboard. Just a sticker with Chinese writing saying "2.5 balanced". The contents weren't on a nice pillow like you got. They were simply placed in there. It looks like plenty of tips/donuts were included (of both black and white). The other major difference about the packaging (probably to make up for the crappy box) is the puck case they came in.

It is (I think) a faux leather exterior with plush foam in the inside. It is a zippered case and it is the exact same size diameter and depth as one I might get for iBasso IEMs or something to that nature. It does zip really easily too, so that is splendid.

As to the buds themselves:

They really are very nice looking, and the 2.5mm balanced connector is very well done and with a decent strain relief. The cable is surprisingly supple considering the coating that it appears to have. Two things that really concern me for longevity with the cable is there is no "Y" splitter or chin slider. It simply stops being wrapped. The other issue is that there are NO strain reliefs on the buds at all. OH! and they didn't send a cable wrap with mine either. This one isn't too big of an issue because I have plenty of spare ones. Just mentioning it because for the price paid, it seems as though they kinda' threw this package together.

The buds appear to be very well made, and they fit very well in my ears (pretty standard size IMO). I know that they needed to add the "shiny" protection to the wood, but the way they look, no one but me will know they are wood. If they left it the brown color that was the older model MMCX version, I would have liked it more. This is nitpicking, of course, and in the end I know, and they are really cool.

Having only heard them about an hour now, this may not be too accurate, nor permanent but with the right power, these do indeed sound really good. I started out with my tube amp card with my DX300 with SE only. While I was able to get enough volume (not for cranking though), it was indeed flat and lifeless (comparatively speaking). Next up was the Amp11.2 card (the stock card). It is capable of about 1.2W IIRC, and it sounded much better (being SS probably also gave it some more clarity and speed along with driving it better). Then I put in the holy grail; Amp12 card. This one is capable of 2W IIRC. Now we're starting to get where we need to be. So all of my testing/listening will probably be with the Amp12 card.

Man! Do these have some bass. It isn't a super heavy sub-bass (though it is pretty huge for an earbud; more than any other bud I have heard), though they do reach really low for a bud. It is like the entire bass region is boosted (low, mid, upper). And does it ever give off a warm feel. But the good news is that while the treble isn't overcooked at all, they have the kind of clarity mixed with warmth like you might get from a really good tube amp. Also, it is one of the first buds that seem to not be over boosted in the upper mids region in some way or another.

I don't want to say that that means the mids are recessed because (to my ears) they are not at all; just not shrill. I will have to say that the warmth that it has DOES make it a bit off tonally overall, but it does sound very good, nonetheless. The staging isn't as wide as something like the Maria II, but then what is? It is still fairly large and out of your head, like you would expect for an earbud.

I will have to give some time before I "cement" the following comment, but I think these might have just knocked the Chaconne and/or RW2000 off the throne in my castle (see what I did there? :)). But, even without having much time on them, if one is looking for a TOTL sound from earbuds, and I think these will be top notch for "all-rounders" too, then these are definitely recommended by me.

For sound alone (and as an early impression and provided you have plenty of power to drive them), I would give these an S+ as @RikudouGoku would say, or God-tier as @WoodyLuvr would say.

OH! And also keep in mind, these are NOT forgiving of crappy .mp3 files (they sound like crap, and I think I can actually hear some distortion with them). Feed it well, and it will perform for you!

Pictures (BTW they didn't come with the foams on them, I put them on before snapping the pic):

20220707_112204.jpg

20220707_112123.jpg

20220707_112018.jpg

20220707_112107.jpg
20220707_111127.jpg
So mine have apparently arrived but sadly I am travelling till 23 July! Can’t wait to return to hear this badboy!

Jul 14, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #61,865 of 75,533
A bit of information on TRN EMA as I received mine today. There seems to be unit variance to me. I bought two pairs. One came with angled connectors and earguides on cable and that one has much much more sub bass than the one without earhooks. I really like the one with sub bass. Perhaps it lacks definition in mids and treble but makes for a great chill pair aka is warm.

Edit: one more thing, it's easier for me to get good fit than with the Smabat ST10s Silver

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #61,866 of 75,533
You seriously need to consider RikuBuds Lancer 1 (150ΩBG). Sitting currently in my top three at the moment is the 2022 - RikuBuds Berserker 1 (32ΩTiComp 19-21 Red Dot). Hands down one of the best earbuds I have heard and/or owned; easily in my top twenty all-time I would say... perhaps maybe even top ten. It uses a DIY MX32 19-21 Red Dot Ti driver and is expertly tuned. Real bass canons. Riku's 2022 - RikuBuds Grand Rider 1 (130Ω Bery; Sweden DIY) is also getting excellent reviews here... really great to see a known IEM fanatic giving a flathead earbud some much needed love.

For little as Euro 50 will get you an amazing earbud while supporting "one of our own". There are currently ten (10) available models now to choose from with varying signatures for different tastes ranging from US$50 up to $100:

RikuBuds by @RikudouGoku

2022 - RikuBuds Alter Archer 1; 64ΩWG (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Alter Rider 1; 32ΩBio (19-21 Black Dot; MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Archer 1; 32ΩBG N52 (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Assassin 2; 32ΩFostex (Val39 custom-made shell)
2022 - RikuBuds Berserker 1; 32ΩTiComp (19-21 Red Dot; MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Grand Archer 1; 68ΩGraphene (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Grand Rider 1; 130ΩBery (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Lancer 1; 150ΩBG (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Rider 1; 32ΩBG N52 (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Saber 1; 32ΩTiComp (19-21 Red Dot; MX500 shell type)

Hi, do you know how and where to buy the Berserker 1 ? Thanks

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #61,867 of 75,533
Jul 14, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #61,868 of 75,533
Jul 14, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #61,869 of 75,533
Setmagic Deep RED 32ohm in classic MX500
AGC_20220714_151042629~2.jpg

Jul 14, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #61,873 of 75,533

Users who are viewing this thread

Back