Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 12, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #61,831 of 75,472
Concur with @samandhi that these earbuds scale!

I really do believe that their rated sensitivity of 95dB ±3dB/mW is quite conservative as I am finding them to be much harder to drive than even my Puresounds PS100-600S which were listed as 600Ω @ 93dB ±3dB/mW but were actually sub 93 dB/mW in true sensitivity. So I am thinking that these new Yinman 600Ω earbuds are probably closer to 91(90-92)dB/mW in sensitivity rather than their specified 95dB/mW. Some food for thought insomuch that they will and do scale incredibly well when fed more power. These are most excellent drivers as I am unable to make them distort with power or reasonable volume increases... unless via exuberant EQ'ing of the lower frequencies which of course is cruel and unusual punishment for any earbuds.

2022 Longyao-Yinman 2.0 600 LE; 600Ω
110db SPL Power Requirement if indeed 600Ω @ 93dB ±3dB/mW: 110db SPL Power Requirement if 600Ω @ 91dB ±3dB/mW instead:
~4.4Vrms @ 31.62 mW is required ~6.9Vrms @79.43 mW is required
1657600742756.png 1657600805754.png

Now the above charts do not tell the whole story nor does it accurately depict a driver's true power requirements fat all/certain frequencies at different volume levels.

With that said although my Yinman 600 are singing with 9 plus volts (Vrms) from my custom earbud tube amp they are still performing admirably well on my lower gain setting @ ~3-3.5Vrms with no anemic or lost bass or flat sounding response. As I had mentioned before tried them with my Meizu HiFI Pro dongle "tricked" via an adapter cable to max output @ ~2Vrms with a thrust of ~9mW. They sound great with plenty of volume to spare. Bass is less detailed and less impactful but definitely they still remain very musical and energetic... not flat or deflated sounding at all to me like some other 500Ω and 600Ω drivers can be with lower power. Chalk that up to quality drivers being used by Yinman. This of course may simply be a synergy event as @samandhi has so rightly pointed out and results may vary from source to source.

As I ordered the single-ended 3.5TRS version as I listen at my desk on my tube amp with plenty of power-at-hand I am unfortunately unable to test them via my stolen (the wife swiped it) FiiO BTR5's balanced output on high gain mode.

Your best bet is to ensure that you order the balanced version so as to take advantage of Qudelix 5K's 4Vrms Balanced Mode which I honestly believe would offer enough juice for them to perform very well... but again if you can feed them more power, do so!

Thanks! Yes, balanced/4Vrms it would be for sure. Now for penny saving mode lol.

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #61,833 of 75,472
I've asked myself the same question (as i have ordered them) and after some thinking and some maths (but @WoodyLuvr did it un his posts):
You will need some high voltage but not so much current, so there are som solutions in mobile, but not so much:
-to have something correct, you can try with some of the most powerful dongles, like E1DA 9038D (fantastic) or Hidisz S9Pro...it should do the trick, more or less, but they will be limited in voltage.
-The E1DA Power Dac 2.1 in boost mode should be comoletely sufficient, with an insane power (for an USB powered DAC) of 600mw thanks to the very specific approach Ivan took to create it...but it drains so much current that some smartphones can't handle it.
-the Xduoo XD5 Plus: one full watt at 32 ohms, quite high voltage...clearly sufficient...but it's a Big beast, more "transportable" than "portable".

There are other solutions but very expansive, like Ifi Audio...

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #61,834 of 75,472
Now the above power requirement charts do not tell the whole story nor do they fully (accurately) depict a driver's true power requirements across all (at certain) frequencies and at different volume levels.
Your whole post is very well stated! Thanks for sharing.

This is something that I forgot to mention but should have. I frequently have to keep this in mind when going with ortho DD (planars). I have the Tinhifi P1 planar IEMs (for instance), and while on paper they are pretty easy to drive (20 Ohms & 96dB), I can say with certainty that they seem actually harder to drive than these 600 ohm lil' devils... Sure, any smartphone CAN drive them, but I can say for sure that they sound like crap from one. Using the same amp card to drive these as the Yinmans (8.3 Vrms @ DR 126dB) results in near the same volume levels to get comfortable listening levels, and (what sounds to me) proper excitement of the driver.

Plus, manufacturers of their products don't necessarily lie about the specs, but they don't always divulge the worst parts of those specs. Like they might give you specs that are for an unloaded device, which make it seem as though it is very high indeed. Using the same P1 reference, what is not said when looking at the specs for these is the current requirements for them (an unwritten requirement for proper driving of ortho DD is current and to some extent, all head gear). Feed it the right voltage from any smart phone, and they will make sound, but give them current, and the driver will be properly excited.

Going back to the Amp12 card on my DX300, it is capable of over 2 amps of current (because of having a separate battery dedicated to the amp section). Without even having to know the math for this, I can tell you with my ears that these can not only get really loud, but sound much better like they are being properly driven, more so than on other (battery powered) systems I have tried them on.
I've asked myself the same question (as i have ordered them) and after some thinking and some maths (but @WoodyLuvr did it un his posts):
You will need some high voltage but not so much current, so there are som solutions in mobile, but not so much:
-to have something correct, you can try with some of the most powerful dongles, like E1DA 9038D (fantastic) or Hidisz S9Pro...it should do the trick, more or less, but they will be limited in voltage.
-The E1DA Power Dac 2.1 in boost mode should be comoletely sufficient, with an insane power (for an USB powered DAC) of 600mw thanks to the very specific approach Ivan took to create it...but it drains so much current that some smartphones can't handle it.
-the Xduoo XD5 Plus: one full watt at 32 ohms, quite high voltage...clearly sufficient...but it's a Big beast, more "transportable" than "portable".

There are other solutions but very expansive, like Ifi Audio...
Yeah, mid-tier DAPs will push them nicely, but it is going to be more expensive than a simple inline dongle. I am finding that the iBasso DX160 is capable of pushing these nicely (@1.2W) and is very pocket friendly, but it is $400. As for dongles, it is going to be just a matter of experimenting IMO.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #61,835 of 75,472
So after a while i end up with the Hiby r5 ii pairing with Moondrop Chaconne. I bought the Hiby Dap because of its transparency and body lift up.
Now i'm looking for one more earbud with a lot of sub bass and bass. V shape kind to watching movies. So which one do you guys prefer the most. Shozy BK ( i already have ), Ve zen 2.0, Fiio FF3 ... Just tell me the name i will find the information. Can go up to around 200 - 300$. Thanks.

Jul 12, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #61,836 of 75,472
So after a while i end up with the Hiby r5 ii pairing with Moondrop Chaconne. I bought the Hiby Dap because of its transparency and body lift up.
Now i'm looking for one more earbud with a lot of sub bass and bass. V shape kind to watching movies. So which one do you guys prefer the most. Shozy BK ( i already have ), Ve zen 2.0, Fiio FF3 ... Just tell me the name i will find the information. Can go up to around 200 - 300$. Thanks.

Big subbass = SMABAT ST10S Black Gold

Jul 12, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #61,837 of 75,472
Chaconne take eq very well. I pairs Chaconne with Qudelik 5k, and it can handle every preset EQ i throw at it.

Jul 12, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #61,838 of 75,472
Big subbass = SMABAT ST10S Black Gold
Thank you. I will look for it.

Chaconne take eq very well. I pairs Chaconne with Qudelik 5k, and it can handle every preset EQ i throw at it.
I can not listen to eq or even 3d x bass function from Ifi which is analog implement for adding bass.

Jul 12, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #61,839 of 75,472
You seriously need to consider RikuBuds Lancer 1 (150ΩBG). Sitting currently in my top three at the moment is the 2022 - RikuBuds Berserker 1 (32ΩTiComp 19-21 Red Dot). Hands down one of the best earbuds I have heard and/or owned; easily in my top twenty all-time I would say... perhaps maybe even top ten. It uses a DIY MX32 19-21 Red Dot Ti driver and is expertly tuned. Real bass canons. Riku's 2022 - RikuBuds Grand Rider 1 (130Ω Bery; Sweden DIY) is also getting excellent reviews here... really great to see a known IEM fanatic giving a flathead earbud some much needed love.

For little as Euro 50 will get you an amazing earbud while supporting "one of our own". There are currently ten (10) available models now to choose from with varying signatures for different tastes ranging from US$50 up to $100:

RikuBuds by @RikudouGoku

2022 - RikuBuds Alter Archer 1; 64ΩWG (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Alter Rider 1; 32ΩBio (19-21 Black Dot; MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Archer 1; 32ΩBG N52 (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Assassin 2; 32ΩFostex (Val39 custom-made shell)
2022 - RikuBuds Berserker 1; 32ΩTiComp (19-21 Red Dot; MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Grand Archer 1; 68ΩGraphene (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Grand Rider 1; 130ΩBery (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Lancer 1; 150ΩBG (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Rider 1; 32ΩBG N52 (MX500 shell type)
2022 - RikuBuds Saber 1; 32ΩTiComp (19-21 Red Dot; MX500 shell type)

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #61,840 of 75,472
Lots of excellent suggestions above. I have not heard @RikudouGoku's buds yet, so can't comment, but for me +1 on the ST10S Black and Gold. Or you could also do the M2s Pro with the Gold (150 ohm) driver in it. It is very similar to the ST10S, though I think the ST10S is closer to the V signature you are after (though I still wouldn't call them V signature overall, just closer than the M2s Pro).

I would like to throw another suggestion out there that hasn't been said yet, and that is the Rose Technics Maria II. While they ARE pretty niche for music, they are absolutely fantastic with movies IMHO. They have some HUGE sub-bass when called for, staging is some of the widest I have heard from any head gear (including full sized open back headphones), and the imaging is also to die for. They are pretty salty in price, but if you are looking for something really great for movies in a bud, these would probably be my number one pick (of the ones I have and have heard, there may be much better that I don't know about).

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #61,841 of 75,472
Lots of excellent suggestions above. I have not heard @RikudouGoku's buds yet, so can't comment, but for me +1 on the ST10S Black and Gold. Or you could also do the M2s Pro with the Gold (150 ohm) driver in it. It is very similar to the ST10S, though I think the ST10S is closer to the V signature you are after (though I still wouldn't call them V signature overall, just closer than the M2s Pro).

I would like to throw another suggestion out there that hasn't been said yet, and that is the Rose Technics Maria II. While they ARE pretty niche for music, they are absolutely fantastic with movies IMHO. They have some HUGE sub-bass when called for, staging is some of the widest I have heard from any head gear (including full sized open back headphones), and the imaging is also to die for. They are pretty salty in price, but if you are looking for something really great for movies in a bud, these would probably be my number one pick (of the ones I have and have heard, there may be much better that I don't know about).
Yeah, the Maria II's are pretty unique -- the tuning is so aggressive (bass is unreal and there's some peakiness around 1.5k and 6k, I think. I still haven't gotten around to getting my measuring up and running). They are actually the only earbuds I have that I would consider having legitimate sub bass. and the staging is definitely wider than any of my headphones. (my "go to" headphones are dan clark aeon closed and the hifiman stealth xs).

**edit**
oh, and I should mention I have the berker 1's -- great earbuds with fantastic bass but no comparison to the Maria II's.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #61,842 of 75,472
Yeah, the Maria II's are pretty unique -- the tuning is so aggressive (bass is unreal and there's some peakiness around 1.5k and 6k, I think. I still haven't gotten around to getting my measuring up and running). They are actually the only earbuds I have that I would consider having legitimate sub bass. and the staging is definitely wider than any of my headphones. (my "go to" headphones are dan clark aeon closed and the hifiman stealth xs).
Concur!

Similar to the Moondrop Chaconne, Rose Technics Maria II are a specialty bud (a one or two trick pony) and cater to very particular music genres and very specific listening tastes. They are most definitely an acquired taste and only suitable for those who can stomach their:
  • bright nature (heavy treble spikes and high frequency extension) leaning hard to aggressive
  • ultra-detail retrieval bordering on super-critical (an analytical-clinical signature that does not play well with poor recordings)
  • sibilant/glassy-like sparkly treble (magical for some, but sheer hell for others)
It can not be stressed enough... Marias (Maria I and II) are completely unforgiving when it comes to poor recordings and/or critical prone music genres. Enough with negatives... their key features are superlative detail retrieval, stellar imaging, and wondrously wide soundstage. The only other earbud offering such wide and open staging would probably be the Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis.

@ClieOS describes the Rose Technics Maria II quite well:

"As for sound - think of it with a sound signature between SimPhonio D2+ and D3 - bright and very well extended treble, somewhat warm on the mid range, good deep punching but moderate low-end with a super massive soundstage. Listening to it pretty much equal to listening a miniature open back on-ear rather than an earbud. because of how 'out-of-the-ear' it sounds, even wider than the original Maria and definitely the widest sounding earbud in the market."​
**edit**
oh, and I should mention I have the berker 1's -- great earbuds with fantastic bass but no comparison to the Maria II's.
We all hear differently. I personally find my Berserkers to have an overall stronger (more forward) bass response in comparison to the Maria II which indeed do have noteworthy bass depth (sub-bass extension) and resolution (bass detail) but also quite recessed bass as well.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #61,843 of 75,472
We all hear differently. I personally find my Berserkers to have an overall stronger (more forward) bass response in comparison to the Maria II which indeed do have noteworthy bass depth (sub-bass extension) and resolution (bass detail) but also are quite recessed bass as well.
sorry, i wasn't very explicit in what I meant by "no comparison". the berserker and maria ii's are completely different sounding earbuds, even in reference to their bass. I agree the berserkers are more forward in the 125hz-175hz area, and the maria extends deeply into sub bass territory, better than any earbud I've heard. While I'm being more detailed in this description, the maria ii sub bass is still no equal to a hard hitting iem, no comparison there.

Again, the berserker 1 is a fantastic earbud. If I had to choose one model, and only one, between the Maria and the Beserker, I'd choose the Berserker any day, every day. That said, my tgxear serratus x1 variant is currently my best sounding earbud.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #61,844 of 75,472
sorry, i wasn't very explicit in what I meant by "no comparison". the berserker and maria ii's are completely different sounding earbuds, even in reference to their bass. I agree the berserks are more forward in the 125hz-175hz area, the maria to extend deeply into sub bass territory, better than any earbud I've heard. While I'm being more detailed in this description, the maria ii sub bass is still no equal to a hard hitting iem, no comparison there.

Again, the berserker 1 is a fantastic earbud. If I had to choose one model, and only one, between the Maria and the Beserker, I'd choose the Berserker any day, every day. That said, my tgxear serratus x1 variant is currently my best sounding earbud.
to my ears. everyone hears differently, so no claim that the serratus is the best earbud out there.

Jul 12, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #61,845 of 75,472
Concur!

Similar to the Moondrop Chaconne, Rose Technics Maria II are a specialty bud (a one or two trick pony) and cater to very particular music genres and very specific listening tastes. They are most definitely an acquired taste and only suitable for those who can stomach their:
  • bright nature (heavy treble spikes and high frequency extension) leaning hard to aggressive
  • ultra-detail retrieval bordering on super-critical (an analytical-clinical signature that does not play well with poor recordings)
  • sibilant/glassy-like sparkly treble (magical for some, but sheer hell for others)
It can not be stressed enough... Marias (Maria I and II) are completely unforgiving when it comes to poor recordings and/or critical prone music genres. Enough with negatives... their key features are superlative detail retrieval, stellar imaging, and wondrously wide soundstage. The only other earbud offering such wide and open staging would probably be the Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis.

@ClieOS describes the Rose Technics Maria II quite well:

"As for sound - think of it with a sound signature between SimPhonio D2+ and D3 - bright and very well extended treble, somewhat warm on the mid range, good deep punching but moderate low-end with a super massive soundstage. Listening to it pretty much equal to listening a miniature open back on-ear rather than an earbud. because of how 'out-of-the-ear' it sounds, even wider than the original Maria and definitely the widest sounding earbud in the market."​

We all hear differently. I personally find my Berserkers to have an overall stronger (more forward) bass response in comparison to the Maria II which indeed do have noteworthy bass depth (sub-bass extension) and resolution (bass detail) but also are quite recessed bass as well.
I would agree that the Maria II might seem a bit recessed in the bass department at times while listening to music, but I have found this to not be as true while watching a movie (to my ears). I was actually a bit disappointed with the bass on these for music (it has a DD JUST for the bass, and it is huge). For movies though, they are like a good discrete surround system. The bass doesn't interfere with anything else (poised to strike). But then you get that deep bomb explosion or something like that and you KNOW there was supposed to be something there.

Anyhow, that is what I would use out of the ones I have. There is always something else better out there. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back