Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 8, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #47,221 of 75,336
Could you help me identify the logo/name/brand/diy of the earbud?
8679c507-9c33-407b-ab90-e60e6023d5c4.jpg

Mar 8, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #47,222 of 75,336
well, just buy a reserve pair, I do this quite often if I'm not sure about the quality or fearing that the release will be stopped ..

This suggestion is more valid when the item in question is cheap and/or reasonably priced. For something like what the OP is referring to, in addition to all the alleged QC problems he's been suffering through, this suggestion then becomes outright ridiculous.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but now that I know what a "reserve pair" is, this is kind of a ridiculous comment.

I have no faith in Rose products so your suggestion is to buy two pairs? LM(f)AO - that's a big no thank you from me.

+1

Mar 8, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #47,223 of 75,336
Could you help me identify the logo/name/brand/diy of the earbud?
8679c507-9c33-407b-ab90-e60e6023d5c4.jpg
I might be wrong, bu the company seems to be Pentagram. I used to have their BT adapter with the exact same logo.

Mar 8, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #47,224 of 75,336
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #47,225 of 75,336
The metal PK shells of Turandot are certainly heavier than plastic PK, but I wouldn't describe it as a "heavy" earbud. Very comfortable for me.

do you know what metal the Turandot made of? i personally think even the Liebesleid and that old K's Poseidon to be comfortable to wear. even though they have a bit of heft to them, as long as it's snug in the ears the weight won't be a problem. I'm guessing the Turandot would also be comfortable in my ears

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #47,226 of 75,336
I didn’t want to offend anyone, this is my life experience: 4 pcs of Zen1.0, and 2 pcs of Zen2.0, Mojito, Masya, Kinera, AKG K317, K319, beta Asura, Asura2.0, ATH-CM7,700, SWD2 +, Yuins etc. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever under the moon, and if I like their sound, then I am ready to pay for reserve pairs of my favorite earbuds. At least for me it works this way.

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #47,227 of 75,336
do you know what metal the Turandot made of? i personally think even the Liebesleid and that old K's Poseidon to be comfortable to wear. even though they have a bit of heft to them, as long as it's snug in the ears the weight won't be a problem. I'm guessing the Turandot would also be comfortable in my ears

Not a lot of information out there in English. I just did a little researching and the only real in-depth stuff have been in Thai(?) or something.

I didn’t want to offend anyone, this is my life experience: 4 pcs of Zen1.0, and 2 pcs of Zen2.0, Mojito, Masya, Kinera, AKG K317, K319, beta Asura, Asura2.0, ATH-CM7,700, SWD2 +, Yuins etc. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever under the moon, and if I like their sound, then I am ready to pay for reserve pairs of my favorite earbuds. At least for me it works this way.

Nah, I understood you were coming from a good place and meant to be helpful.

And in theory I do agree with your principle but there's a big difference between regular wear & tear and a $250 product that is not up to QC with little to none CS. Both my Mojitos - one was OG version and one was the *new* shell - both eventually unglued (though still functional to be fair) within the year and similar experiences with the wood Masya, cables frying, the 2-pin connectors breaking ("Maybe you shouldn't plug and unplug them so often" - thanks! That's why I bought removeable cables for!).

With that said, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like the Mojitos weren't a top 3 earbud I've ever heard, I'm just not in the habit of throwing money away like that anymore.

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #47,228 of 75,336
others might be better to clarify, but the Turandot is also all metal earbuds, so it may be heavy like the Liebesleid

have you tried the Simphonio Dragons? i haven't heard the version 3, but the version 2 is great sounding earbuds.
I don't have any issue with turandot fitting. It might be a bit heavy but fit into my ears nicely without feeling it might be falling.

Mar 8, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #47,231 of 75,336
can't imagine this one working with an mx500 shell.

as a matter of fact, it can work with mx500 shell :sweat_smile:

i have a couple of mmcx Willsound buds, and I've tried it with the BT20S. it can be quite comfortable, but might be a bit weird to see. also you can use this combo cable down style like regular earbuds, kinda like those Sony xperia ear duo fitting

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #47,232 of 75,336
do you know what metal the Turandot made of?
On Amazon Japan (https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B082V3X5WH/), translated by Google:
[Zinc-magnesium alloy housing, unique design] Surface vacuum plating, simple and classic design; ergonomic design provides comfortable wearing feeling, no problem for long time use
It is exactly like the Yuin PK shell, but constructed in metal. If the PK shell fits you well, the Turandot will also.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #47,233 of 75,336
I have buyed diy PK1 MMCX (150ohms red film), but since the bass sound was felt light, I replaced it with docomo earbuds driver by DIY.

As a result of this replacement, not only the sub-bass but also a brilliant treble was obtained.
I was excited and wanted to hear these balanced sounds, so I finally pushed the buy button for a 2.5mm balanced MMCX cable.
(Oh, I'm an idiot, I buyed already converteer of the 3.5mm HIFIMAN balance to the 2.5mm balance and listened the balanced sound of docomo earbuds, but wasted money ...)

Before replace drivers:
DIY PK1 MMCX.jpg

After replace drivers:
mmcx docomo.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #47,234 of 75,336
On Amazon Japan (https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B082V3X5WH/), translated by Google:
[Zinc-magnesium alloy housing, unique design] Surface vacuum plating, simple and classic design; ergonomic design provides comfortable wearing feeling, no problem for long time use
It is exactly like the Yuin PK shell, but constructed in metal. If the PK shell fits you well, the Turandot will also.

I have tried to listen to DQSM Turandot before.
There is no problem with sound quality or PK (docomo) shell design, but the shell is too heavy for me. So I don't even think I could take them with me for a walk, and I felt I needed a silicone ear pad that wouldn't slip off even when sitting indoors and listening.
They have the same problem for me like this as Moondrop Liebesleid which I already sold.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #47,235 of 75,336
I have buyed diy PK1 MMCX (150ohms red film), but since the bass sound was felt light, I replaced it with docomo earbuds driver by DIY.

As a result of this replacement, not only the sub-bass but also a brilliant treble was obtained.
I was excited and wanted to hear these balanced sounds, so I finally pushed the buy button for a 2.5mm balanced MMCX cable.
(Oh, I'm an idiot, I buyed already converteer of the 3.5mm HIFIMAN balance to the 2.5mm balance and listened the balanced sound of docomo earbuds, but wasted money ...)

Before replace drivers:

After replace drivers:
I tried PK1 MMCX (150ohms red film) with PK shell, after that with this metalic shell + MMCX + balanced cable and nothing.
I was not at all pleased with the sound. I ended up buying DOCOMO shells and Furukawa silver plated wire and I brought them back to life.
The cable is a little stiff but who cares when it contributes to the sound improvement. BTW... You can try with any silver cable
pk1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back