Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 7, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #47,206 of 75,375
Rose earbuds are always a bit finicky to get a great fit for me and until someone can definitively prove to me that their product can last more than a year, I'm not particularly interested. Would probably prefer going for ZoomFreds or something
well, just buy a reserve pair, I do this quite often if I'm not sure about the quality or fearing that the release will be stopped ..

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #47,207 of 75,375
DQSM Turandot? Moondrop Chaconne?

I've tried the Liebeslieds but the weight and form factor didn't work for me.

First I'm hearing of the DQSM Turandot - looks promising. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into them.

well, just buy a reserve pair, I do this quite often if I'm not sure about the quality or fearing that the release will be stopped ..

What is a reserve pair?

Mar 8, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #47,209 of 75,375
I wished I had that kind of money to get multiple units of my favorite equipment... :smile_phones:

I have been becoming more mindful these days on how I spend on audio products these days, and have set several rules before any purchase.

Mar 8, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #47,210 of 75,375
Are there any preferred tips for the standard mx500 shells?

Mar 8, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #47,211 of 75,375
I wished I had that kind of money to get multiple units of my favorite equipment... :smile_phones:

I have been becoming more mindful these days on how I spend on audio products these days, and have set several rules before any purchase.

i used to think that way, buying several iems/earbuds as backups. but i found out that if i happen to get bored with it, i would have more pile of uneeded gears. now i just buy another one if the old unit breaks. and if it happens to be discontinued, they'll definitely other products that can substitute it

Mar 8, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #47,212 of 75,375
I've tried the Liebeslieds but the weight and form factor didn't work for me.

First I'm hearing of the DQSM Turandot - looks promising. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into them.

What is a reserve pair?

others might be better to clarify, but the Turandot is also all metal earbuds, so it may be heavy like the Liebesleid

have you tried the Simphonio Dragons? i haven't heard the version 3, but the version 2 is great sounding earbuds.

Mar 8, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #47,213 of 75,375
others might be better to clarify, but the Turandot is also all metal earbuds, so it may be heavy like the Liebesleid

have you tried the Simphonio Dragons? i haven't heard the version 3, but the version 2 is great sounding earbuds.

I have to agree on the Simphonio Dragon 2+, as I thoroughly enjoyed when I had them. I'm interested in the Dragon 3 but was turned away by the exorbitant price tag.

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #47,216 of 75,375
20200308_214406-01.jpeg

revisiting old love in a new way. still sounds great even for today's standard and after buying and trying loads of earphones. and definitely cheaper than getting airpods

Mar 8, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #47,217 of 75,375
It means buying an extra pair/set. When they are unavailable in the future, you have an extra pair handy.

Thank you for the explanation :sweat_smile: I'm a dummy

I don't mean to be disrespectful but now that I know what a "reserve pair" is, this is kind of a ridiculous comment.

I have no faith in Rose products so your suggestion is to buy two pairs? LM(f)AO - that's a big no thank you from me.

The problem with the Liebesleid for me was a combination of the weight and geometry. My ear play better with the PK1 style shells, but the standard shells are definitely the best for me. But thank you for the reminder.

I'm probably not up-to-date with the Simphonios but I have heard them before, I'll def look into v3.

Mar 8, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #47,220 of 75,375
I'm looking for a great, high-end Earbud with maximum stage capabilities and ability to connect to a 2.5mm balanced DAC.

If it doesn't exist, please give me a list of your top 5 or top 3 Earbuds $200-350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back