Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 22, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #43,082 of 75,341
link to rosemary 300 ohm please. never seen that one before

Maybe they meant the Rosemary 150 ohm... that is what mine is. I had not heard about a 300 ohm version but maybe there is? We might be starting a rumor :)

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #43,084 of 75,341
but rosemary 150 ohm is not bass shy:dizzy_face:

I know but I think the MX500 shell fits me better than it does some people so I usually find that most buds have enough bass for me. I always use full foams and for me that brings out the base.

I was doing some searches and I am pretty sure that there is only a 150 ohm version. If Faaeal makes a 300ohm bud I would expect it to have different name.

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #43,085 of 75,341
Might just be how they fit me, but I really enjoy the mids and do not find them to be overshadowed by anything. I honestly don't know what is meant by smooth. My music sounds like my music...

BTW, I listen to FLAC either with my desktop setup or with one of my DAPS. I have never listened with a smartphone. Some of you know that I choose not to even own one.

Listening again at my desk with the EMX500 Bro. Now that I am getting used to it, I am impressed. The albums that I have been playing are not particularly bright. There was some good drumming in some songs that sounded convincing.
To my ears, the ST-10 has a very neutral midrange that is present without being emphasized. The things that stand out to me listening to them are the sub-bass extension and the detail retrieval.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #43,087 of 75,341
The EMX500 is a nice warm blanket with nice full bottom, lush mids and huge stage. Very nice bud. You maybe thinking of the EMX500S?
Heres the one I got BTW.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32759573651.html

Any earbud with similar sound to emx500 which similar thick lush mids and bass and huge stage but much higher quality sound and resolution, separation etc. Under 55-80$.

I heard so far penon bs1. What about the surprise 9.99$ one, is it similar.

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #43,088 of 75,341
I know but I think the MX500 shell fits me better than it does some people so I usually find that most buds have enough bass for me. I always use full foams and for me that brings out the base.

I was doing some searches and I am pretty sure that there is only a 150 ohm version. If Faaeal makes a 300ohm bud I would expect it to have different name.

Sorry! My fault (it was too late here :) !) I meant Narcissus 300 ohm.
Both Faaeal models I owned failed to impress me.
IRO bass, both the models I owned didn't have the quality and quantity of bass I'm searching of, even amped.

Maybe it's only me, but I really prefer EMX500S, TY HiZ 150, Vido.

Jun 23, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #43,089 of 75,341
Maybe they meant the Rosemary 150 ohm... that is what mine is. I had not heard about a 300 ohm version but maybe there is? We might be starting a rumor :)
FAAEAL Narcissus 300ohm

Jun 23, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #43,090 of 75,341
Mmm i don't quite understand, ok how is the fullness of the sound, is it big or thin sound, are the voices thick and big or thin and sharp.

How is this compared to lemon bs1.
Lemon bs1? You mean like a defective unit or do you just dislike the bs1? (Also is it the official or experience version?).
decided to buy the to600 as it is $59.40 during the current promo on aliexpress. good choice? want to try high impedance earbud.

another issue, i need $65 only to take advantage of a further $6 discount coupon. any suggestion?
1. moondrop shiro-yuki (does it really have the "harman curve"?)
2. qian69
both are $11 now

any comment is deeply appreciated. thank you.
If it follows the harmann curve it will still obviously dip majorly in the sub bass region as is normal for earbuds. But if the rest is tuned to harmann levels that would be pretty nice.

The nicehck lucky bag is $9.99 maybe go with that?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #43,091 of 75,341
If it follows the harmann curve it will still obviously dip majorly in the sub bass region as is normal for earbuds. But if the rest is tuned to harmann levels that would be pretty nice.

The nicehck lucky bag is $9.99 maybe go with that?

unfortunately. the store im buying from is not nicehck haha

anyway, that lucky bag was a compulsory buy so it goes without saying :wink:

Jun 23, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #43,092 of 75,341
It's slightly off topic, and extremely 'nit-picky', but the Harman Target Curve is only an estimation based on current knowledge that is constantly being reviewed and is susceptible to future changes as technology and understanding of sound improves over the years.
So saying something has the 'harman curve' is something of a paradox, as it's not (and may never be) a fixed set of values.

**Pointless lesson over** carry on :p

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #43,093 of 75,341
It's slightly off topic, and extremely 'nit-picky', but the Harman Target Curve is only an estimation based on current knowledge that is constantly being reviewed and is susceptible to future changes as technology and understanding of sound improves over the years.
So saying something has the 'harman curve' is something of a paradox, as it's not (and may never be) a fixed set of values.

I can understand loudspeaker measurements, since you place it in a known acoustic space (either reflective or anechoic), place a calibrated measuring microphone at a known distance & axis direction, and use a test signal with a known voltage - but with the variability of ear sizes & shapes, and the variability of the seal between the earbud and ear (with, or without foams) - what sort of testing jig is being used to measure whether or not an earbud conforms to the Harman Curve?

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #43,094 of 75,341

I guess you could say the 'Harman 2019 target curve' to be more accurare?

How often do they revise the thing?

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #43,095 of 75,341
I guess you could say the 'Harman 2019 target curve' to be more accurare?

How often do they revise the thing?
As far as I know it's only been majorly revised once, but I think it's wisest to consider it a 'work in progress' either way.
I really wouldn't expect it to succumb to periodical major revisions... the last thing everyone needs is a list of 'harman targets curves' :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back