Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 14, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #38,956 of 75,544
Perhaps I have Svara-L 115Ω, so I do not like its blurred mid sound...

Yes, must be different beasts my friend. Mids are pristine with the 32ohm'ers.

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #38,957 of 75,544
Jan 14, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #38,958 of 75,544
"rose_technic: We have already determined the name of this product: Martini . it will come soon ."

Thanks for sharing the latest news. The un-detachable version looks difficult to re-cable and the limited space of cable hole results to limited AWG-size of re-cable. While the detachable version seems to be MMCX socket. A bit disappointed that Rose don't utilizes 2-PIN socket instead. For my eyes, their design looks mediocre and I think It might be entry-to-mid level. Anyway, look forward to seeing the real product picture as well as their specs.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #38,959 of 75,544
Hi guys, new here.
Recently got a bunch of earbuds due to this topic, got myself the Monk plus, Fengru DIY MX500S and the Vido's.
So far i actually like the cheapest of the bunch the most the Vido's due to the massive bass these things have, although i do notice im missing some details in the sound compared too the other buds.
The Monk sound the thinniest, and the MX500S right earbud starts to crack at higher volumes through my BTR1K, although they do sound pretty good.
Im waiting for DP100's and also ordered the Kube's mentioned above.

Also thinking of getting the Snow Lotus 1.0 Plus, however the cable seems kinda stiff and i dont know if its an upgrade when compared to the Vido's.

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #38,960 of 75,544
Hi guys, new here.
Recently got a bunch of earbuds due to this topic, got myself the Monk plus, Fengru DIY MX500S and the Vido's.
So far i actually like the cheapest of the bunch the most the Vido's due to the massive bass these things have, although i do notice im missing some details in the sound compared too the other buds.
The Monk sound the thinniest, and the MX500S right earbud starts to crack at higher volumes through my BTR1K, although they do sound pretty good.
Im waiting for DP100's and also ordered the Kube's mentioned above.
Also thinking of getting the Snow Lotus 1.0 Plus, however the cable seems kinda stiff and i dont know if its an upgrade when compared to the Vido's.
Hi, welcome to the forum. You have made a good start with those choices, they will help you to decide which direction you want to go in.

Regarding the Snow Lotus, I have the 1.0 and it is excellent (my favourite of all my earphones). Also the braided cable is very flexible and tangle-free. Here is a link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIF...445.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dZKZrZM

Edit: Although I should say that the SL 1.0 is less bassy than the Vido, it's more mid-centric. Great soundstage and detail, though.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #38,961 of 75,544
Also the braided cable is very flexible and tangle-free
A agree, after all, the stock cable is not bad at all (I like its softness and flexibility, even if not the best I've ever seen).
I decided to resolder them yesterday with its original cable :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #38,962 of 75,544
Yeah the stock cable seems to be a lot more flexible for the Snow Lotus, stiff cables usually means they fall out of my ears easily when walking around.
Although i have no idea if the cable is the only difference between the + and non+ version.

Also i just noticed that the Plus version seems to be back in stock for the regular Snow Lotus listing, even cheaper than the "Commemorative Edition" listing.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #38,963 of 75,544
8FCE4214-84FA-4288-83E9-5960DA5DAED8.jpeg
2E531387-3BB3-4073-B175-7E0E6DAC5F1B.jpeg
Here we go, the Earkube / Kube V1 .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223322310399?ul_noapp=true

Get them while you can they are hard to come by, and for this auction looks like only about 13 left across the various colours.
Maybe if these go and there is a demand we could see more, but no guarantees on that.
It was about a year I think between when I first found some and these now so...

Should anyone need further convincing, have a peek at Redcarmoose's excellent-as-always review here.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-7-cubu-earbud.843190/

Plus the more recent few impressions by waynesworld and GREQ.

Ok, hopefully I can make some sense of all this. The items shown on the Ebay site are the Kube 1. I have never purchased those nor have ever written a review of them. I have heard them and they are nice but not the “Cubu”.

Also if you look really, really close there is an almost microscopic “s” after the word “Cubu”.

Those you ordered I have never reviewed.

What I I do know is members have purchased these.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kube-2.22577/

The big ones, Kube2

94DFE702-06E4-43CC-ACCE-0B599BFFF9FA.jpeg

Kube 2 (AKA EK2 or EarKube 2)

Now the confusion is that the ones shown in the EBay listing were the first included with “The Kube” MP3 player, as a set, but then replaced with the big ones shown above.

Hope that adds clarification?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #38,964 of 75,544

Ok, hopefully I can make some sense of all this. The items shown on the Ebay site are the Kube 1. I have never purchased those nor have ever written a review of them. I have heard them and they are nice but not the “Cubu”.

Also if you look really, really close there is an almost microscopic “s” after the word “Cubu”.

The big ones, Kube2

Now the confusion is that the ones shown in the EBay listing were the first included with “The Kube” MP3 player, as a set, but then replaced with the big ones shown above.

Yeah, I knew when I ordered that the Kube V1 was the one I had heard about and wanted. I also want a Kube 2 but cannot find a source.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #38,965 of 75,544
Yeah, I knew when I ordered that the Kube V1 was the one I had heard about and wanted. I also want a Kube 2 but cannot find a source.

Enjoy!

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #38,967 of 75,544
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #38,968 of 75,544

The big ones, Kube2

Isn't the Kube (v1) just a re-branded identical product to the Cubus?
The two mp3 players and buds look identical and AFAIK are produced by the same company.
Should we not assume the buds are identical (regarding drivers/sound) too?
Or rather, can someone confirm or deny this with 100% certainty?

I'm not stirring the pot here, I just want the truth to be known.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #38,969 of 75,544
I see the writing on your KUBE2 is also different though.
Your description of the Cubu(s) is extremely close to what I hear from the Kube v1 .
Same OEM perhaps, earlier?
I am sure people will be happy and the Kube V1 stand on their own strengths regardless.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #38,970 of 75,544
I will when they arrive:)

...but where can I get the Kube 2? I have been searching...

People are finding them, as photos prove.

Post #7280

Post #7289

Isn't the Kube (v1) just a re-branded identical product to the Cubus?
The two mp3 players and buds look identical and AFAIK are produced by the same company.
Should we not assume the buds are identical (regarding drivers/sound) too?
Or rather, can someone confirm or deny this with 100% certainty?

I'm not stirring the pot here, I just want the truth to be known.

Did you actually really read the post you quoted? They are different. That was the only reason I posted the post. If they were the same, it would be great. They do look close to the same and the V1 even comes in that silly army green. But again, sadly I must reiterate that I have purchased the Cubu “s” and listened to both side by side in a shop and could have purchased the V1. Though it does not sound the same, or as good.

Edit:
If people get the V1 and enjoy it that’s great. They are nice. They just are not the Cubu. If anyone can find the Cubu then that would be wonderful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back