Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #38,971 of 75,451
People are finding them, as photos prove.

Post #7280

Post #7289

Did you actually really read the post you quoted? They are different. That was the only reason I posted the post. If they were the same, it would be great. They do look close to the same and the V1 even comes in that silly army green. But again, sadly I must reiterate that I have purchased the Cubu “s” and listened to both side by side in a shop and could have purchased the V1. Though it does not sound the same, or as good.

Edit:
If people get the V1 and enjoy it that’s great. They are nice. They just are not the Cubu. If anyone can find the Cubu then that would be wonderful.
So basically you can't give me 100% certainty.
That's all I wanted to hear.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #38,972 of 75,451
So basically you can't give me 100% certainty.
That's all I wanted to hear.

They sounded different to me. The shop I go to has ample amounts of the V1 still at this very moment. The Cubu is sold out. There is nothing wrong with V1 it just doesn’t sound like the Cubu.

But yes I’m not the manufacturer and I am not sure of the manufacture history if that’s what your getting at. But I have listened to numerous pairs back to back. Handfuls of the Cubu and handfuls of the V1.

Also I’m glad to see you actually found the bigger Kube 2. You must like them? So I’m not crazy liking them. Lol. The EK2 is the Kube 2.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #38,973 of 75,451
They sounded different to me. The shop I go to has ample amounts of the V1 still at this very moment. The Cubu is sold out. There is nothing wrong with V1 it just doesn’t sound like the Cubu.

But yes I’m not the manufacturer and I am not sure of the manufacture history if that’s what your getting at. But I have listened to numerous pairs back to back. Handfuls of the Cubu and handfuls of the V1.

Also I’m glad to see you actually found the bigger Kube 2. You must like them? So I’m not crazy liking them. Lol.
I would love the kube2's a lot more if they would actually fit in my ear :frowning2: it's just a little too big so bass response is extremely variable.
Ah, too bad the cubu is sold out, I would've liked to buy one, not just for listening but for measuring.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #38,974 of 75,451
I would love the kube2's a lot more if they would actually fit in my ear :frowning2: it's just a little too big so bass response is extremely variable.
Ah, too bad the cubu is sold out, I would've liked to buy one, not just for listening but for measuring.

I still have two pairs. One perfect and one with a cable issue, which I will replace eventually. They are great and were my daily earbuds for months on end. They seemed to get better and better, but every once in a while one driver would start to distort. You had to tap them on something hard to dislodge it then all was well again. I have never had anything that acted that way. Have you tried multiple foamies on the Kube 2; like stacking them? To me the Kube 2 is best with super thick foam covers.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #38,975 of 75,451
I still have two pairs. One perfect and one with a cable issue, which I will replace eventually. They are great and were my daily earbuds for months on end. They seemed to get better and better, but every once in a while one driver would start to distort. You had to tap them on something hard to dislodge it then all was well again. I have never had anything that acted that way. Have you tried multiple foamies on the Kube 2; like stacking them? To me the Kube 2 is best with super thick foam covers.
So far I have tried donuts, open-cell foam and dense foam on the kube2.
I havn't tried stacking... that would almost certainly make them FAR too big for my ears, but I'll give it a go, got nothing to lose by trying it... maybe it'll keep them in by friction, who knows.
I also prefer the dense foam for basically all buds. Gives the smoothest sound with deepest bass response, or perhaps the best seal.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #38,976 of 75,451
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #38,977 of 75,451
Hi guys, new here.
Recently got a bunch of earbuds due to this topic, got myself the Monk plus, Fengru DIY MX500S and the Vido's.
So far i actually like the cheapest of the bunch the most the Vido's due to the massive bass these things have, although i do notice im missing some details in the sound compared too the other buds.
The Monk sound the thinniest, and the MX500S right earbud starts to crack at higher volumes through my BTR1K, although they do sound pretty good.
Im waiting for DP100's and also ordered the Kube's mentioned above.

Also thinking of getting the Snow Lotus 1.0 Plus, however the cable seems kinda stiff and i dont know if its an upgrade when compared to the Vido's.

If you like bass, try the Sabia Experimental V6. They're great.

Also I’m glad to see you actually found the bigger Kube 2. You must like them? So I’m not crazy liking them. Lol. The EK2 is the Kube 2.

Very interesting! It would be nice to hear the Cubu some day.

I love both the Kube V1 and the Kube 2, but my preferences leans towards the SQ of the Kube V1. Also, the Kube 2's flat cable is a bit of a challenge for me. But they are both great.

Thanks for your reviews!

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #38,978 of 75,451
If you like bass, try the Sabia Experimental V6. They're great.

Very interesting! It would be nice to hear the Cubu some day.

I love both the Kube V1 and the Kube 2, but my preferences leans towards the SQ of the Kube V1. Also, the Kube 2's flat cable is a bit of a challenge for me. But they are both great.

Thanks for your reviews!

Thanks, hope to give a little back to the community which has provided so much.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #38,979 of 75,451
Today I received the Yincrow RW-9 purchased here:

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...arbud-Metal-Earphone/1825606_32869066191.html

I appreciate that the packaging is original, although simple, it comes very well protected in its foam mold.
It's accompanied by a synthetic leather case, although nice, inefficient (I prefer the typical zippered box).
I chose the red color to distinguish them among so many of MX500 capsules that I have. I would have preferred the use of another type of capsule because I find it quite uncomfortable because of its large size.
On the other hand I really like the red braided cable and the transparent L-connector.
My first impressions after a couple of hours of listening:
They are the first Yincrow I have and as far as I can read their predecessors are characterized by a bass profile.
The RW-9 also have a powerful low range, although its profile is not so V-shaped because the mids are more advanced, for example, than the Vido.
The treble is soft, it is not a bright earbud, nor is it characterized by great detail or great separation. But it has a very complete, full and enjoyable vocal range. In my opinion they aren't dark, are natural.
Actually I can not say much negative about these earbuds because they have a profile that I like, warm, they have bass, the voices are present and they are natural, they aren't muddy or nasal, and the treble are soft.
It would only add more separation and more detail. But it is something similar to the profile of the Fiio FH1 that I also own, the cut in treble causes those deficiencies.

Of course full foam and donut does not help gain detail and transparency, but it does help me hold these big capsules in my ears.

2018-05-18_18-37-28.jpg

2018-05-18_18-39-11.jpg

2018-05-18_18-41-00.jpg

2018-05-18_18-44-09.jpg

Have this for a couple of days now. It can be sum'ed up as the "improved Yincrow X6", mainly you still get a slightly V-shaped sound from the X6, but with a better textured and forwarded midrange, making it the most balanced of all tuning in the whole Yincrow's line-up. In fact, I think I like it ever better then RW-777 - given it is actually cheaper than RW-777, I think Yincrow has gotten itself a winner here.

Yes, of course. It is indeed a gem.

Thanks! They are now $18.98US. Done!

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #38,980 of 75,451
I am sure people will be happy and the Kube V1 stand on their own strengths regardless.

No doubt. The Kube V1's are awesome.

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #38,982 of 75,451
Jan 14, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #38,984 of 75,451
I actually enjoy different sound signatures so that is not a problem for me. I just get into the music. The Monks sound great with my singer-songwriter stuff.

It is possible that I do not require as much bass as I do not listen to EDM. However I do like some low sub bass when it exists. This is a track that I use to check for that. It goes very low... especially in a section starting around 2:27.

Found that on Tidal. Wow, that was a pleasure to listen to via the Svara L's - awesome music, and bass to die for. Sub-bass was tickling my amygdala :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #38,985 of 75,451
Found that on Tidal. Wow, that was a pleasure to listen to via the Svara L's - awesome music, and bass to die for. Sub-bass was tickling my amygdala :)

I have owned that CD since its release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back