Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 14, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #39,001 of 75,405
Faeel sell both?
Getting SL 1.0+ (silver shell) from the link provided a few pages back (from aliexpress).

Asking the seller on ebay of the Kube V1 for 2 buds in one case. Hoping he can combine for $8 shipping to make it more economical.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #39,002 of 75,405
The kube2 has a challenging cable that doesn't play nice with most shirt clips. But I just received my penon clips. Take that kube2!

20190114_201056_resized.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #39,003 of 75,405
Jeeze those clips are nicer than I thought.
I'll look around they have to be sold elsewhere also, as I am afraid an amp or something might fall into the Penon cart.
Appreciate the post and good images.

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #39,005 of 75,405
Gonna order a Snow Lotus 1.0+ too, to see the differences between 1.0.
I'm curious.. (once again?) :)
Thanks for the info

The difference between SL plus and non-plus is written below.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4479781/all

The sound of SL plus has turned somewhat higher on the whole, and the treble turned clear.
I thought SL's treble is too sweet and it is weak point for me, so this change is very satisfied.

If there is not the sound of difference between SL plus and non-plus and there is a person who says that it is the same sound signature, I think that he should use DIY MX500 of $2 for his entire life in order to save his money.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #39,006 of 75,405
In the interest of clarity: Some thoughts on the Cubu(s) and the KUBE v1 thing.
AAARGH the oversight on the review vs the listing variance... it bothered me all morning.

I posted that up because what was said there seemed to more or less correspond with what I hear.
I realize they are not exactly identical between the two as Redcarmoose posted up about ( bad oversight there I forgot we spoke about that before... sigh ).

Low end =crazy big and good
Staging= can be off the charts often "surreal" as wayneworld put it somewhere.
One area that may not correspond exactly is the top end. It seems reading closely and considering it carefully the KubeV1 will have some more added on the top end vs what i gather about the Cubu(s), but that does not seem to get tiring over time.
Not crazy fatiguing and etchy-shrill ( see my ideas about why this additional "change "may be the case below )

KubeV1 are awesome buds.
It seems even chinmie went to the trouble of a recable job on theirs, posted in an image a bit ago.
So good after getting the first one last year i immediately went back and grabbed every one they had left to give out as gifts.
I would not have repeatedly bothered the seller about getting more up for auction if I felt these were substandard .

=I get no brownie points, no freebies, no discount, nothing from the seller at all . I want to get more people's ears on these things.

THOUGHTS ON THE TWO VERSIONS

Cubu(s) and KUBE v1
It is my hunch that these are from the same OEM/Manufacturer/and-or Company.
  • same coloured cable
  • similar colour variations
  • exact same strain relief "y" spliiter
  • similar stubbby small molded trs plug
  • same housings
  • simlar phonetics to the name
=It could very well be , and this is a total guess given all the above, that the Cubu(s) are the first earlier version made as I don't think they came bundled with a player(?)
=Kube V1 may be later versions, bundled with the MP3 player, but with some updated sonic tuning on the top end which ( another guess ) would obviously trickle it's effects down through the rest . Staging and lows sure seem to correspond reasonably judging by posted impressions ( as good as one can assume). It got me at first

SO
Since the listing was oddly stalled from showing up in actual searches within ebay search system and the link was basically only here for the day,
anyone who got these with the review posted as the full-on reason they got them ( this listing only, as of Monday morning Jan 14 ),
tries them and feels they do not somewhat correspond to the general expectations ( impressive low end and often "surreal"staging ) as per reading the erroneously posted review,
simply shoot me a PM within a day or two of trying them out and I have got you covered.Meaning specifically i will buy them off you.
I can use a few more spares to send out as gifts anyhow.

I bet very few members will bother though.

I welcome any further thoughts. Obviously will have to wait for things to show up.

Well, I have always thought things simply work out for the best. This is a exciting hobby with all kinds of unexpected twists and turns, and that’s what is fun. My post yesterday originally was just to make a clarification about the V1. They are great and I’m glad people like them. I’m on the other side of the world over here, and at times it’s confusing trying to judge products as so much is not great, but other stuff is great, but looks the same. :)

Much of our sound perception is psychological in judgment. So it takes a group at times to conferm what we personally think we value in a response from a $7 earbud. My two reviews were based on conclusions after doing side by side listens to the Edifier earbuds and Sennheiser MX500 from years ago. I thought the Cubu “s” and Kube2 were interesting and warranted reviews. After writing the reviews I kind of knew the earbuds would be difficult to find and somewhat of a mystery. Little did I know people would look for them a year later. Lol

The V1 is a great earbud and I hope people enjoy them. The Cubu and V1 do sound very close to the same. For whatever reason I thought they sounded just slightly different, but in a blind test I most likely could not distinguish between the two earbuds.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kube-2.22577/

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cubu-earbud.22334/

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #39,007 of 75,405
My blue Snow Lotus 1.0 plus just turned up. That some fast shipping from China. Time to play

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #39,008 of 75,405
Asking the seller on ebay of the Kube V1 for 2 buds in one case. Hoping he can combine for $8 shipping to make it more economical.

I ordered a blue and a purple Kube at the same time... I was the first person to order as I had somehow managed to find the listing through google (ebay search would not work). I did not know how many might sell while I was asleep so I did not want to wait for a reply to a message about shipping. I just went ahead and put the order through. Those two were shipped three hours after I ordered them (before anyone else had ordered). They were each shipped separately.

Later I ordered an orange one.. just could not resist. That one had not shipped yet. I think he was suddenly overwhelmed with so many orders all in one day.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #39,009 of 75,405
I ordered a blue and a purple Kube at the same time... I was the first person to order as I had somehow managed to find the listing through google (ebay search would not work). I did not know how many might sell while I was asleep so I did not want to wait for a reply to a message about shipping. I just went ahead and put the order through. Those two were shipped three hours after I ordered them (before anyone else had ordered). They were each shipped separately.

Later I ordered an orange one.. just could not resist. That one had not shipped yet. I think he was suddenly overwhelmed with so many orders all in one day.
I know the feeling. I don't buy earbuds everyday like yourself but when I do I usually splurge out xD

I just bought a new SL1.0+, a used but half working Campfred 2 for $40 (hoping they can be fixed), a VE Asura 2.0 and monk plus used. I'm trying to aquire two portable headphones and now im waiting to hear back from the kube seller about those buds...

Send help fast!

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #39,010 of 75,405
Send help fast!

I will give you a push. He only has 3 blue and 7 white left! Just order them.

The purple and orange are gone. There was only one black that sold right after I ordered my purple and blue. I purposely did not take the black because I felt like it might have been there for someone else.

He deifinitely added more to the listing when they started going so fast. Looking at the list of what has been sold, if he had not added more there would only be one white and one blue left.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #39,012 of 75,405
Can anyone suggest a good (but not too expensive) 2.5mm TRRS MMCX cable for the Svara L?
Thanks!

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #39,013 of 75,405
Jan 15, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #39,014 of 75,405
Recently sold my stock Vidos to @GREQ and my VE Asura and Monk Plus Coffee sets to @seanc6441 (for modding purposes, very interested in seeing what he does with those)

On the way: JVC Victor (transparent red housing!), Docomo (white ones), Sabia V6 Experimental, Zen LL, Imperial Audio Paradise. Nice nice.

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #39,015 of 75,405
My blue Snow Lotus 1.0 plus just turned up. That some fast shipping from China. Time to play

Unfortunately my Toneking TO600 was supposed to arrive yesterday (was on truck for delivery) and then were just lost? USPS has an exception saying it may take longer to deliver than anticipated...

Regarding the SL, for those in the US I got mine w/ Prime shipping from Amazon for $10

https://www.amazon.com/FAAEAL-Snow-...547566653&sr=8-1&keywords=earphone+snow-lotus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back