Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #38,281 of 75,563
I find the Toneking TO600 has deeper and thicker bass and impact than the EBX. The EBX has a wider soundstage and is more airy. I prefer the Toneking but I am using it balanced and the EBX is single ended

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #38,282 of 75,563
I find the Toneking TO600 has deeper and thicker bass and impact than the EBX. The EBX has a wider soundstage and is more airy. I prefer the Toneking but I am using it balanced and the EBX is single ended
Which amp you are using to drive the TO600?

Dec 12, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #38,285 of 75,563

thinking about both earbuds it is like comparing a Sennhieser HD650 to a Grado 325e

thanks, that comparison is actually quite helpful. If I were to nitpick on the EBX, the bass impact is a bit lacking (especially on stuff I listen to like fripside), but the speed makes up for it (I'd take faster decay compared to high bass impact).

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #38,287 of 75,563
I do not have the K's Samsara but I do have quite a few K's, the K's 300 Pro is quite close but the K's 600 is closest

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #38,291 of 75,563
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #38,294 of 75,563
Had the PT25 for a couple of days. Pretty much all what ClieOS said. Comfy, good sound. Wasn't sure they were metal so they are more robustly built than I thought they would be. Problem is they are smaller than I thought they would be. I have, from ear infections as a youth more room on my right side than the left so hard to work with bit too small stuff as doubling foams or just one side or whatever to get the the same seal in both ears is a bit of a chore. So, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. I will post them in my FS thread soon enough but give the heads up here first. Would trade for a Yincrow RW-9.

Before you trade it away, try this: swap the left and right earpieces on cable, then wear them over-the-ear. Kind of give it a more analytical sound. Someone on erji.net taught me this.

I can confirm this. It causes the inner face ''vent" of the PT25 to be more (or a lot more) exposed which drops the bass/sub-bass response. If I touch the earbuds just enough that the face seals against my ears the bass becomes way more present.

Still burning mine in, only about 25-30 hours so far (left playing overnight). I'm also going to try some foam covers over these and see if they fit a bit better without sacrificing too much SQ. I may cut/melt holes into them like the earpod/airpods guys do. I'll probably also try covering the vents with some tape/vinyl or grab some micropore tape to see if I like it better with a bit more bass/sub-bass (without having to use the EQ).

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #38,295 of 75,563
I can confirm this. It causes the inner face ''vent" of the PT25 to be more (or a lot more) exposed which drops the bass/sub-bass response. If I touch the earbuds just enough that the face seals against my ears the bass becomes way more present.

Still burning mine in, only about 25-30 hours so far (left playing overnight). I'm also going to try some foam covers over these and see if they fit a bit better without sacrificing too much SQ. I may cut/melt holes into them like the earpod/airpods guys do. I'll probably also try covering the vents with some tape/vinyl or grab some micropore tape to see if I like it better with a bit more bass/sub-bass (without having to use the EQ).
I put donut foams on mine which helps the fit, takes the sharpness off the treble and increases the bass slightly. I also wear them over-ear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back