1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. HungryPanda
    My Fostex HPA4BL

2. HungryPanda
    thinking about both earbuds it is like comparing a Sennhieser HD650 to a Grado 325e

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  3. Zerohour88
    thanks, that comparison is actually quite helpful. If I were to nitpick on the EBX, the bass impact is a bit lacking (especially on stuff I listen to like fripside), but the speed makes up for it (I'd take faster decay compared to high bass impact).

4. toear
    ditto... I was considering the ebx as well.

How about Toneking TO600 vs K's Samsara K300?

Thanks!

:)

5. HungryPanda
    I do not have the K's Samsara but I do have quite a few K's, the K's 300 Pro is quite close but the K's 600 is closest

DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. toear
    Ok thanks! So, K's 600 vs TO600?

:)

7. rkw
    They both have MMCX connectors. Can't you swap the cable over for comparison?

8. subwoof3r
    Selling my Blox YIN (in case anybody is interested) :)

9. waynes world
    Very informative. Thanks.

DBaldock9 and subwoof3r like this.
  10. seanc6441
    Didn't live up to the original hype?

chellity and euge like this.
  11. euge
    I use it daily work and home, <3 it, but wish it was a yuin or smaller shell earbud

subwoof3r and seanc6441 like this.
  12. assassin10000
    I can confirm this. It causes the inner face ''vent" of the PT25 to be more (or a lot more) exposed which drops the bass/sub-bass response. If I touch the earbuds just enough that the face seals against my ears the bass becomes way more present.

Still burning mine in, only about 25-30 hours so far (left playing overnight). I'm also going to try some foam covers over these and see if they fit a bit better without sacrificing too much SQ. I may cut/melt holes into them like the earpod/airpods guys do. I'll probably also try covering the vents with some tape/vinyl or grab some micropore tape to see if I like it better with a bit more bass/sub-bass (without having to use the EQ).

13. Willber
    I put donut foams on mine which helps the fit, takes the sharpness off the treble and increases the bass slightly. I also wear them over-ear.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  14. pbui44
    Why does the Shozy Stardust look like the Yuin PK-series? Is it possible that they share similar drivers?

15. seanc6441
    Same housing, like the mx500 housing originally developed by sennheiser and now used in like 85% of chi fi earbuds. The Yuin PK type housing is also very popular for its comfortable size and snug fit.

And it seems that copyright is not a big obstacle in chinese manufacting.

Also you would be right to say the drivers are similar (same diameter and similar specs) but the tuning is different and the manufacturing process and build matierial on the diaphram/coil/magnet may vary somewhat.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    DBaldock9 likes this.