1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. subwoof3r
    I really enjoy them a lot, but it's just I want to try another TOTL that corresponds me better :) (a better allrounder for electronic music mainly, which I listen approx 80% of the time)
    And I already have my idea on which will be my next TOTL :wink:

2. jogawag
    @ClieOS said below.
    "Actually, that particular housing, which is often being referred as the PK housing, is not even Yuin's own design. It was originated from Japan and used on a few NTT Docomo's headset in the old days, probably all the way back to the late 90s.".

And Shozy Cygnus (and Stardust)'s housing is also the same as Docomo earbuds's.

In addition it is said that Shozy Cygnus's driver (which is made in Japan) is the same as Docomo earbuds's.
    The FR graph of Shozy Cygnus and Docomo earbuds are almost same like below.
    DoCoMo vs ShozyCygnus(player.ru)-2.jpg

In this way, PK series and Shozy both have common Docomo earbuds housing. So it is possible that they can exchange drivers.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    WoodyLuvr likes this.
  3. chinmie
    what would be your next conquest? :ksc75smile:

subwoof3r and WoodyLuvr like this.
  4. golov17
    Cypherus maybe )))

rahmish, chinmie, euge and 1 other person like this.
  5. subwoof3r
    Exactly :)
    ZoomFred Pro :wink:

6. golov17
    FB_IMG_1540237052325.jpg

7. assassin10000
    Well, I did the tape test and made little to no difference (to me). The increase in bass/sub-bass quantity is due to the light pressure I'm giving making the PT25 shape seal like an IEM against my ear canal.

Good to know. I'm not treble sensitive (I think), I don't have any issues with sibilance on these at all. Although I don't have any 'good' sources, just my laptop and Note 4. I already ordered both regular and donut foams a while ago. Like everything else from aliexpress, just waiting for them to arrive.

8. creaturekyle
    Just an FYI, Faaeal has most of their offerings available on Amazon in the US, with a few Snow Lotus models available with same day shipping in my city. Ordered a Snow Lotus 1.0 and Narcissus 2.0. Can't wait to give them a shot.

cathee and DBaldock9 like this.
  9. cathee
    I just picked up a pair of 64O Snow Lotus 2.5mm to use with my DX150 and they are fantastic!

WoodyLuvr, subwoof3r, j4100 and 2 others like this.
  10. creaturekyle
    Just received the Snow Lotus 1.0 64ohm, and I'm impressed. Much warmer, fuller, and more bass forward than the VE Monk Plus, which is what I was hoping for. Highs are a little more present than I like (but not sharp or sibilant), as I like my treble to roll off pretty significantly (Koss Porta Pro and Sennheiser IE80 S are my favourite sound signatures, for reference), but the Snow Lotus is still really impressive for me at first listen. If you're someone who likes lots of detail while still getting good warmth and low end, these things will probably knock your socks off. The foams are also way more lush and comfortable than the ones that come with the Monk Plus. Packaging and build are both stupidly premium for an earbud that costs $10 and sounds this good.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  11. Willber
    I concur.

creaturekyle likes this.
  12. creaturekyle
    Have you tried the Narcissus 2.0, and if so, how does it compare? I've ordered it as well but it's going to take a few more weeks to get here, but I'm even more stoked for it now that I've listened to the Snow Lotus.

13. Willber
    Sorry, not in my collection.

creaturekyle likes this.
  14. silverfishla
    Datura X is a worthy bud, and my favorite of the Faaeal’s that I have. I also have the Snow Lotus 2.0 and Narcisssus. Both of those are good too. The X is probably the best all rounder of the bunch and has a great visceral energy that I like. Plus the build is great with a really comfy metal shell.

15. WoodyLuvr
    Just received a pair of PureSounds PS100-600S 600Ω ear buds ("Pop" Tuned Edition; 2.5mm balanced plug; 600-core copper cable) from @chaiyuta

I really like the feel of the cable; initial listening session commences!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ear Buds connected to "Steampunk"
    The 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm adapter is my now third FiiO L26... these lil' boogers sure do have legs!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018