1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. waynes world
    Jelly.

2. HungryPanda
    The TO600 sounds like a fuller more mature earbud than the TO400

3. FastAndClean
    Ourart is more refined, smoother sounding, it has more mids, RY4S has better bass extension and more treble but the treble have some grain in comparison to the Ourart

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  4. HungryPanda
    The ourArt and the RY4s are in totally different leagues

5. seanc6441
    And the sub bass quantity? Is it more impactful?

6. HungryPanda
    Most certainly

seanc6441 likes this.
  7. maxxevv
    That reminds me ! :astonished:
    I should try swapping out that with the 8-core, 2.5mm balanced I have currently on my T2! :thinking:

8. snip3r77
    Haha but there’s no sub bass :frowning2:

chellity likes this.
  9. assassin10000
    These finally showed up from 11.11

[​IMG]

Played around with some spare silicone airpod covers I had laying around. Cut the tip off to see if the slight overlap caused any change of sound. It doesn't.

Initial 5 minute impression: clean, balanced/neutral sound and not much bass/sub-bass. It's there if I press them into my ears to seal like an IEM. If I cover the 3 ports on the back of the bud all bass goes away.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  10. cathee
    Very interesting shape, I assume you got these from Aliexpress?

11. assassin10000
    @cathee Yep. During their 11.11 sale, just took a month to get lol.

They are shaped similar to the apple earpod/airpod, which is why I wanted to try them.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  12. DBaldock9
    Had the ToneKing TO600 in my AliExpress Shopping Cart, and was also wanting a Moondrop Kanas Pro, but I'll have to wait a while.
    The yard tractor / mower of my oldest uncle (he's 82), has worn out.
    So my other uncle has contacted all of us nieces & nephews, to see if we'd pitch in with him, to get a new mower for his brother.
    Even with his 10% discount (buying from a friend's shop), it's going to be ~$385 each for a new Cub Cadet lawn tractor.
    I guess it'll be sometime after the first of the year, when I can order the TO600 earbuds.

13. maxxevv
    20181211_233008_2.jpg

Fitted up my TO600's with these lovely 8-core, 2.5mm balanced cables from NiceHCK plugged to my desktop amp.
    I have to say, I'm astounded at how good these sound.

But they are really power hungry though. I need to set my amp to volumes that are almost comparable to my HD6XX for these.

14. HungryPanda
    20181211_173808[1].jpg

My beauties

maxxevv, DBaldock9, RuFrost and 3 others like this.
  15. seanc6441
    I like the look of them more than the 400 once you swap out the cable, the contrast of copper and silver colours are quite stunning.

DBaldock9 and WoodyLuvr like this.