Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 6, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #37,291 of 75,629
Blox TM9 in the house

15415179435311025869319.jpg

Super Light, soft cable (very nice cable), Unique sound (more on that in a second).

Sub bass is up to TOTL spec, it extends well and has good presence, not quite Vido/WS Mk2 levels of sub bass but easily more than Shozy BK. Compareable to emx500 levels.

From sub-mid bass it takes on a softer approach, there's not a big peak like emx500 or Rose Mojito or even shozy BK. It's full and calm, so it won't punch as hard but will handle ambient bass tracks and bass instruments with ease. (Correction: it punches hard foamless or with certain foams but I think the sub bass neutralises it in some instances were as other buds have a more defined punch due to quicker sub roll off.)

Low mids are were it weavers slightly, it could use more emphasis, it's massive soundstage comes at a price and that's the lighter approach to the vocal range which dips slightly for deeper vocals. Upper mids are surprisingly brighter, so there's plenty of detail and definition to carry the vocals, im just craving a little more weight to them.

Lower treble has a great neutral-neutral bright approach, it's got a good attack but is never sibilant, no complaints here, near perfect.

Upper treble is softer, it's lacking slightly in extension (although nothing compared to darker earbuds.) but still has presence. It's got enough sparkle with no foams, or very thin foams. But using thick full foams which is what want to do to thicken up the low mids, kills the treble, sadly.

Soundstage is effortless, big and wide. It's not magic though (as said above its a low mid dip that creates this effect) but it's impressive nonetheless. Imaging is crisp enough, well placed and natural.

Are these the best I've heard? Not in every department, but in soundstaging I'd say yes.

Still looking for a foam setup for these the beats foamless, but it's hard to achieve. Foamless seems to retain low mid bidy somehow (i think its the driver being closer to my ear) but i prefer the bass response with thin foams.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #37,296 of 75,629
I hear you, but like I said, there seems to be better prices on the app, I use computer too and yeah it's better then a phone for sure, but I have understood there are ways of using Android apps on computers, to get around that problem, like I said, it seems the app has added deals that the sites don't even show
Yup, the mobile app gives you better prices. They have mobile price only sale items. Most things that you buy will be a discount of a $1 to a few dollars more discount. Why? I don’t know, but true.

Nov 6, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #37,297 of 75,629
Why don't you guys try the app? Prices are cheaper on the app, no bull, I noticed it a few days back, I found zishan dsd ak4495 on sale for 75, shared it but the link didn't work, so I told the person asking what store it was in, he said it was 106, i felt bad, guy whent through all the trouble and it was 106 not 75, then he pm me and said it's only on the app. Seems the app has some better prices

I used to look for stuff and place it in my wishlist on my PC and then use the Aliexpress app on my tablet to make the purchase, delay payment and make the acutal payment on my PC. A bit bothersome but it did give me better prices (often I delayed payment when buying from NiceNHK for example so that they could adjust prices).
After Swedish customs went crazy in March and put import taxes on everything from outside the EU I do not bother...

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #37,298 of 75,629
Yup, the mobile app gives you better prices. They have mobile price only sale items. Most things that you buy will be a discount of a $1 to a few dollars more discount. Why? I don’t know, but true.
My bet is they have done research to show people are more inclined to impulse buy or to buy more when it's on the mobile app as it's so convient to just whip out the phone and hit buy, as compared to browsing on a PC.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #37,299 of 75,629
Just received a mail from Woo !
Blox YIN is now ready for orders :)
This is the new model from Blox, which is priced at 29$ shipped.
According to Woo, the new model has exact same shell and cable of TM9, but with a different driver.

That looks cheap, so I guess no risk to try! I think I will order one.

*edit*: ordered!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #37,302 of 75,629
Dear Head-fi-ers!

Do you recommend any upgrade for VE Monk Candy in the budget up to 50$ (including 11.11 promotions)? They would play with Shanling M0 or Xduoo X3 II. I wonder about praised Nicehck EB2, but I don't know if it's a good way regarding to sound signature:wink:.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #37,303 of 75,629
Dear Head-fi-ers!

Do you recommend any upgrade for VE Monk Candy in the budget up to 50$ (including 11.11 promotions)? They would play with Shanling M0 or Xduoo X3 II. I wonder about praised Nicehck EB2, but I don't know if it's a good way regarding to sound signature:wink:.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Depends on which aspects you want to upgrade? Is the bass lacking? Is it the treble? Overall detail? Soundstage?

I think the Vido, and WS MK2 share similarities with the monk but have more bass, more detail over all, and slightly more treble extension. Both with thin foams, like used on the monk or the ones from aliexpress.

I think a nice successor to the monk sound is the docomo/pk buds, they sound a bit sweeter and more balanced but retain that mid range and vocal goodness.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #37,304 of 75,629
Depends on which aspects you want to upgrade? Is the bass lacking? Is it the treble? Overall detail? Soundstage?

I think the Vido, and WS MK2 share similarities with the monk but have more bass, more detail over all, and slightly more treble extension. Both with thin foams, like used on the monk or the ones from aliexpress.

I think a nice successor to the monk sound is the docomo/pk buds, they sound a bit sweeter and more balanced but retain that mid range and vocal goodness.

What??? "I think a nice successor to the monk sound is the docomo/pk buds,"???
The docomo/pk buds was made from 2006 or 2007, so it must be that "a nice successor to the docomo/pk buds sound is the monk".
And please tell me the link where did you purchase docomo buds.:ksc75smile:

By the way, have you connected the SR2 driver to the cable of Shozy Cygnus? And did you hear the bass of that buds?:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #37,305 of 75,629
I have to say that SWD2+ is by far the best sounding earbuds with Yuin shells I've ever heard! Sub bass might be lacking compared to earbuds with MX500 shells but dang, is the soundstage wide and deep! Instrument layering and positioning is top notch and they are not bright enough to be harsh sounding. Have only compared them a bit to Shozy BK and SWD2+ won on TKO about 2 minutes into the first round...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back