1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. RodRevenge
    Yup the app is pretty good i even like it better than the amazon app.

seanc6441 likes this.
  2. seanc6441
    thats exactly the thought I had in my head. And amazon should be the gold standard of online stores.

3. RodRevenge
    By the way guys if you own the es100 (or any other warmish source), the edifier h185 and like drums check out Max Roach's album Drums Unlimited with that set up, Beautiful.

4. silverfishla
    Yup, the mobile app gives you better prices. They have mobile price only sale items. Most things that you buy will be a discount of a $1 to a few dollars more discount. Why? I don’t know, but true.

5. Danneq
    I used to look for stuff and place it in my wishlist on my PC and then use the Aliexpress app on my tablet to make the purchase, delay payment and make the acutal payment on my PC. A bit bothersome but it did give me better prices (often I delayed payment when buying from NiceNHK for example so that they could adjust prices).
    After Swedish customs went crazy in March and put import taxes on everything from outside the EU I do not bother...

6. seanc6441
    My bet is they have done research to show people are more inclined to impulse buy or to buy more when it's on the mobile app as it's so convient to just whip out the phone and hit buy, as compared to browsing on a PC.

7. subwoof3r
    Just received a mail from Woo !
    Blox YIN is now ready for orders :)
    This is the new model from Blox, which is priced at 29$ shipped.
    According to Woo, the new model has exact same shell and cable of TM9, but with a different driver.

That looks cheap, so I guess no risk to try! I think I will order one.

*edit*: ordered!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    euge, fairx, rahmish and 1 other person like this.
  8. subwoof3r
    Outch! bad news, Woo mailed me again after ordering YIN. It was a keyboard mistake! the price is 279 usd shipped so the same as TM9.
    My bad.. I won't buy it this time and will wait for some reviews first :frowning2:

euge, fairx and golov17 like this.
  9. Ziggomatic
    Currently in Seattle coping with US midterm election stress by listening to my hardcore/metal playlist on the Penon BS1 Official (fed by the Cayin i5).

These are some really good earphones, y'all.

20181106_144924.jpg

seanc6441 and HungryPanda like this.
  10. Muniek66
    Dear Head-fi-ers!

Do you recommend any upgrade for VE Monk Candy in the budget up to 50$ (including 11.11 promotions)? They would play with Shanling M0 or Xduoo X3 II. I wonder about praised Nicehck EB2, but I don't know if it's a good way regarding to sound signature:wink:.

Thanks in advance for your help.

11. seanc6441
    Depends on which aspects you want to upgrade? Is the bass lacking? Is it the treble? Overall detail? Soundstage?

I think the Vido, and WS MK2 share similarities with the monk but have more bass, more detail over all, and slightly more treble extension. Both with thin foams, like used on the monk or the ones from aliexpress.

I think a nice successor to the monk sound is the docomo/pk buds, they sound a bit sweeter and more balanced but retain that mid range and vocal goodness.

jogawag likes this.
  12. jogawag
    What??? "I think a nice successor to the monk sound is the docomo/pk buds,"???
    The docomo/pk buds was made from 2006 or 2007, so it must be that "a nice successor to the docomo/pk buds sound is the monk".
    And please tell me the link where did you purchase docomo buds.:ksc75smile:

By the way, have you connected the SR2 driver to the cable of Shozy Cygnus? And did you hear the bass of that buds?:smile_phones:

seanc6441 likes this.
  13. Danneq
    I have to say that SWD2+ is by far the best sounding earbuds with Yuin shells I've ever heard! Sub bass might be lacking compared to earbuds with MX500 shells but dang, is the soundstage wide and deep! Instrument layering and positioning is top notch and they are not bright enough to be harsh sounding. Have only compared them a bit to Shozy BK and SWD2+ won on TKO about 2 minutes into the first round...

golov17, wskl, kw8910 and 2 others like this.
  14. seanc6441
    I meant a successor sound wise because it's better in my opinion but has similar attributes. I also meant in general the cygnus and certain diy pk2.

Although I realise the docomo has its own shell, so i should have clarified that!

Haven't got around to it yet, been too busy to work on diy stuff but soon :)

jogawag likes this.
  15. waynes world
    Good tip!

Yeah, that's all I need - more impulse purchasing! I mean, I impulse purchased a $30 mechanical keyboard the other day! (fortunately, I really like it).

Your northern brothers and sisters (aka Canadians) are stressing right along with you lol!