Earbuds Round-Up
May 26, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #75,617 of 75,875
More 130 ohm Bery's!

Thanks to @Mr.HiAudio. One of the best sets of Buds I have.
Nice cable! What is this model?
It's @Mr.HiAudio's Open Source RIOBuds shell + 130Ω Bery. Checkout his post which has links to the shell .stl file and Github page. I think he recommended a couple drivers to use with his shell design, but I don't recall what drivers he had success with. Obviously @digititus had great success with the 130Ω Bery. If you're into DIY and have access to a 3D printer or a 3D print service give it a go.

EDIT:

@Survivor - After reading your question again, you might be asking about the cable, rather than the earbuds(?).

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #75,618 of 75,875
May 26, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #75,619 of 75,875
Hi everyone,
I was just on Aliexpress to order some more nicehck silicone rings. Decided to order some of the favorites in here, that come up every now and then... Also choice on Aliexpress is somewhat limited in Europe, so better to get them now, before the choice gets even less.
Aeolian Bells, Ry4s 32 & 300 Ohm, and Nicehck Eb2S pro are in the shopping cart.
What is the difference in Eb2S pro and non pro version? The non pro seems to be generally a tiny bit cheaper in the shops. One particularly interesting offer at 14€ for the non pro version.
I won't get it just because it's cheaper - want to know the difference if any one of you has both! (Edit: both seem to use the same driver, 32Ohm LCP, 112db/mw...)(Edit2: couldn't wait any longer - ordered the non pro version, as it was more than 50% cheaper than pro... Reviews seemed euphoric for both. Finally I DID indeed order it just because its cheaper. 🤦)
Thanks. 🙂
I think you made the right decision with the non pro. Those are on my list of upcoming buds to get. I've read a review of two saying that pro just doesn't have what the non pro has (sound wise ofc). But then I read glowing reviews for both. I'm just being cautious and getting the non pro

Make sure to give us your impressions when they arrive! Did you go for the ry4s and bells as well? I have the ry4s plus and love them. They're one of my first, oldest, and cherished flatheads. Thanks to the earbuds roundup. 🙂

May 27, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #75,620 of 75,875
It's @Mr.HiAudio's Open Source RIOBuds shell + 130Ω Bery. Checkout his post which has links to the shell .stl file and Github page. I think he recommended a couple drivers to use with his shell design, but I don't recall what drivers he had success with. Obviously @digititus had great success with the 130Ω Bery. If you're into DIY and have access to a 3D printer or a 3D print service give it a go.

EDIT:

@Survivor - After reading your question again, you might be asking about the cable, rather than the earbuds(?).
is this shell good?

May 27, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #75,621 of 75,875
I think you made the right decision with the non pro. Those are on my list of upcoming buds to get. I've read a review of two saying that pro just doesn't have what the non pro has (sound wise ofc). But then I read glowing reviews for both. I'm just being cautious and getting the non pro

Make sure to give us your impressions when they arrive! Did you go for the ry4s and bells as well? I have the ry4s plus and love them. They're one of my first, oldest, and cherished flatheads. Thanks to the earbuds roundup. 🙂
The non pro was 14,89€ at the time I ordered them, so more than 50% cheaper than the pro at this moment. And yes, also getting the ry4s plus, ry4s 300ohm and the aeolian bells. I lost my restraint for once. At least afterwards I will know a few more of the budget options everyone is talking about here. 😅
Don't know if that is useful though. Thinking, that all the sidegrades actually will lead nowhere, but are still nibbling on my funds. I'd actually prefer finding something (potentially more expensive) that I will love for quite some time. I hope the Rikubuds Grand Alter Saber 3 can be that purchase for me - Eagerly waiting for it to arrive!

May 27, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #75,622 of 75,875
May 27, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #75,623 of 75,875
May 27, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #75,625 of 75,875
The non pro was 14,89€ at the time I ordered them, so more than 50% cheaper than the pro at this moment. And yes, also getting the ry4s plus, ry4s 300ohm and the aeolian bells. I lost my restraint for once. At least afterwards I will know a few more of the budget options everyone is talking about here. 😅
Don't know if that is useful though. Thinking, that all the sidegrades actually will lead nowhere, but are still nibbling on my funds. I'd actually prefer finding something (potentially more expensive) that I will love for quite some time. I hope the Rikubuds Grand Alter Saber 3 can be that purchase for me - Eagerly waiting for it to arrive!
I'm curious what you think about RY4S 300 ohm buds

May 27, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #75,627 of 75,875
ivipq, but i dont know aout model number :frowning2:
1000015585.jpg

May 27, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #75,628 of 75,875
For RY4S, it is advisable to buy good cables, NiceHCK or XINHS/IvipQ. I used RY cables at first, but the sound got much better after the replacement. Now I use these:
• RY4s mmcx 300 + NiceHCK BlackCat
• RY4s mmcx Plus + IvipQ 4c graphene blue-black

May 27, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #75,629 of 75,875
For RY4S, it is advisable to buy good cables, NiceHCK or XINHS/IvipQ. I used RY cables at first, but the sound got much better after the replacement. Now I use these:
Are you ok with that heavy NICEHCK cable? I use it with metallic shells, I haven't tried it with MX500 shells

May 27, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #75,630 of 75,875
Thanks for the info! Will have to check the cables and the prices. I got the buds without cables. Was planning to use it with the cable that came with the Shuoer Tape a few years ago. The in-ears have since died, so the cable is a leftover. I also have a KB Ear cable I got as an upgrade to the stock cable back then... I did not notice any difference in performance back then however - hated the Shuoer Tape regardless of the cable connected! 😏
Anyway, so far I have not given a lot of thought to cables. Do you think this will be good enough?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240527_182539_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20240527_182539_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back