Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #37,006 of 75,861
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #37,007 of 75,861
Well, both earbuds have really good low Bass - with the Svara-L seeming to resolve Bass details a bit more clearly.
And, the Svara-L has a bit more Midrange, with a bigger, more open Sound Stage.

For my ears, the size and shape of the Svara-L is a bit more comfortable than the MX500 shell of the RY4S.
But, they are 5x more expensive ($10 vs. $54).
Thanks for the comparison. Now I am not sure which one to get for 11.11, Svara L or EBX.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #37,008 of 75,861
Just a slight update: for those of you who might be waiting for K's Titanium Ling deal on 11.11 - it has been delayed due to factory sending K's the wrong part. Lastest estimated puts it around late November. On the brighter side, the cheaper "Little Black Ling" is almost ready.

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #37,009 of 75,861
Not many compared to last year... Nicehck ebx is a decent enough price i guess, think it was less last time though.

Other sellers have raised rrp as a false sense of price drop.... Very devious practise!

If anyone else finds any lets post here, together we can find something with a great deal im sure :)

Yeah, that's poor form, but I guess not much different from local stores having perpetual sales with the higher price only being applied for one week in the year! Any real bargains should be posted up here, if anyone finds some.

Unless a real deal is on, I was going to buy the RY4S and an EMXS500 anyway. Still tempted with the Svara-L, but no real sale price, plus I probably have a bunch of better sounding buds anyway.

Oct 30, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #37,011 of 75,861
Thanks for the comparison. Now I am not sure which one to get for 11.11, Svara L or EBX.

Both are very good, and the EBX seems to be a bit larger - but it isn't.
I guess it's just the way it sits in the ear, and getting a good seal is a little trickier for me.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #37,012 of 75,861
Just a slight update: for those of you who might be waiting for K's Titanium Ling deal on 11.11 - it has been delayed due to factory sending K's the wrong part. Lastest estimated puts it around late November. On the brighter side, the cheaper "Little Black Ling" is almost ready.
Nooooo...
I guess it will be the Liebesleid then, it will be on sale too. Around 250$.

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #37,013 of 75,861
Finally..
FB_IMG_1540904553805.jpg FB_IMG_1540904559189.jpg FB_IMG_1540904550545.jpg

Oct 30, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #37,014 of 75,861
I have been listening to these Meliconi Mysound Speak Flat buds for hours this evening... I think I am on my sixth album. Very addictive sound. They arrived Sunday and I have been either listening with them or burning them in ever since. At first I was unsure. I ended up putting on foams to make them stable in my ears...as I do with almost all of my buds.

There was still 1 more open box one left on Amazon Uk for £5.54. I ordered it just now. Both of mine are grey. None of the other colors had them this cheap. I think I would have chosen the grey anyway. They want £13 for the new in the box ones so I will have two for less than that. I wanted a spare in case the cable breaks.

Cool, I'm glad you liked them. I was surprised at how decent (good?) the sound was for a bud I bought just "because it was the cheapest pair with a mic". Unfortunately the mic is a bit crappy but the sound is really good for dirt cheap buds like these (they cost 8€ here, while a Monk costed me around 7€ with shipping), I never would have expected that tbh. Anyway I'm glad you liked them.
I haven't used foams with these because then they become a bit too dark and bassy (honestly they're the bassiest earbuds I've heard in a long time). The comfort and stability is good for my ears, I don't have any problems using them without foams, but I think they would sound pretty good with donut foams, maybe I'll try cuttins some but I don't have many left and besides I like the sound as-is.
By the way, do you prefer them to Monk? I prefer them because they have a bit more bass while keeping acceptable clarity, and I find them more comfortable than Monk without foams.

Oct 30, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #37,015 of 75,861
Cool, I'm glad you liked them. I was surprised at how decent (good?) the sound was for a bud I bought just "because it was the cheapest pair with a mic". Unfortunately the mic is a bit crappy but the sound is really good for dirt cheap buds like these (they cost 8€ here, while a Monk costed me around 7€ with shipping), I never would have expected that tbh. Anyway I'm glad you liked them.
I haven't used foams with these because then they become a bit too dark and bassy (honestly they're the bassiest earbuds I've heard in a long time). The comfort and stability is good for my ears, I don't have any problems using them without foams, but I think they would sound pretty good with donut foams, maybe I'll try cuttins some but I don't have many left and besides I like the sound as-is.
By the way, do you prefer them to Monk? I prefer them because they have a bit more bass while keeping acceptable clarity, and I find them more comfortable than Monk without foams.

I will let you know next time I listen to the Monk. I have soooooooooooooo many buds,,,, plus iems and headphones. As for the mic I have no use for one and normally try to avoid buying cables with mics but some things like this one have no such option.

I have full foams on the Monk as well and maybe find them slightly more comfortable than these. Both are bigger than my smallest buds. I would have to measure but I am thinking that they have a similar diameter but the Mysound has a shape that seems to take up more room.

I think this Meliconi Mysound Speak Flat does have good bass but like you said it is not just that,,, everything else is good too. They sound BIG... dare I say a bit like headphones?

What about the mic did you find to be crappy? Personally I am worried that the cable might break in that area. I do not think these would be easy to recable... or even if they can be.

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #37,016 of 75,861
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #37,017 of 75,861
Hey folks, I have question that may be a bit off-topic but still interests me none-the-less.

How do you store your earbuds? I'd like to find an efficient way of storing mine. I currently have them in headphone cases, like this one:

headphone-carrying-hard-hold-case-storage-bag-intl-8409-4636685-f148fe9fac704b3ff109ae73d9693f35-catalog.jpg_340x340q80.jpg_.webp

But would like a better solution. I've seen some people store them in the multi-compartment tool boxes, like this one:

HTB1HpyhKVXXXXaVaXXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg

Oct 30, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #37,018 of 75,861
Hey folks, I have question that may be a bit off-topic but still interests me none-the-less.

How do you store your earbuds? I'd like to find an efficient way of storing mine. I currently have them in headphone cases, like this one:

Many of mine came with nice cases that I want to keep. I have bought cases for those that do not come with one. I then needed a place to store them all so I have these zippered bags. I did not expect my collection to grow so much so what started out as two bags has grown. I know need to print out a list of what is in each bag. This photo happens to be of 4 of my 6 IEM bags. I also have 3 bags full of bud cases... I will photograph that at some point. Each iem or bud case has a printed label on it.

I actually have no place to put one of those plastic containers. I can hide these bags various places. Four of them fit in a storage ottoman (footstool) that is in the living room:) At the moment they are on a rug in front of the fireplace, lol. Waiting for me to print those lists...

R0013253.JPG

Oct 30, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #37,019 of 75,861
Oct 30, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #37,020 of 75,861

Users who are viewing this thread

Back