1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Themilkman46290
    Yes I saw that review, she is interested in getting them but she also wants allot of other buds so I try to find info on as many buds as I can, she also is interested in the k's White ling

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. mbwilson111
    Don't let her see this one :)

https://penonaudio.com/shoonth-esep-01ble.html

groucho69, Themilkman46290 and KevDzn like this.
  3. exavolt
    I saw the review of Toneking's planar IEM. I wonder if they are planning to make some planar buds too.

4. Themilkman46290
  5. palestofwhite
    EB2 had a bad driver and it's heading back to Jim for a replacement soon... :frowning2:

6. redkingjoe
  7. nhlean96
    Today I found the FAAEAL Z-sound and didn't have any doubt pulling the trigger. The price was way too cheap, only $5 incl shipping. The shape reminds me of EB2
    The FAAEAL Z-Sound has been around for several months but haven't drawn much attention. There was a positive review on facebook but wasn't much comparison between Z-sound and different models (Datura, Iris, ...)

8. mbwilson111
    uhoh... I originally assumed you meant this one..the one that the review was talking about...

https://penonaudio.com/shoonth-esep-01bl.html

I actually have the FAAEAL Z-sound sitting here on my desk. My husband bought one and was listening to it one night while I was listening to my EB2 and because of the similar (same?) shape he wanted me to listen to the Z-sound. He said it was sounding really good to him at the time and wondered what I would think. I have not gotten around to trying it yet. Oops. Too many other things have arrived since then that demanded my time. Plus sometimes life gets in the way...

j4100 and HungryPanda like this.
  9. Carrow
    I have a pair of these arriving from @seanc6441 tomorrow I think (would be today but there's no deliveries on account of it being a bank holiday) - you didn't have any issues with yours right?

10. subwoof3r
    We are the unluckiest guys from this thread, we should be rewarded, lol :)

My EB2 has now few days of burning but no sign of a single changement. Sound is totally muffled, undetailed, much less enjoyable than my first EB2 which has issue. I would say it sounds like 15% of EBX with this second attempt..
    I will give up very shortly to keep burning them as it seems useless :frowning2:
    I'm now afraid asking to Jim a third pair to finally have a good working EB2 pair.

11. seanc6441
    Nope don't worry my pair sound right, very detailed and no driver issues. Seems like some are getting bad pairs which is unfortunate :/

Carrow likes this.
  12. exavolt
    How about ask him if there's something wrong with the production or ask them to test before packaging.

Mine are definitely not muffled and have no imbalance (I ordered them at Oct 11).

13. Willber
    If you wait a couple of weeks can you get it at the 11/11 price?

14. Willber
    I agree, I'm sure he would rather know there are problems so he can fix them.

15. palestofwhite
    The driver failed unexpectedly. My unit came with a huge dent on the chin slider and some marks on the right driver.
    Didn't think much of them, but maybe these were telltale signs that the they are already defective in the first place.

Now I'm just waiting for Jim to provide the return address so I can mail it back to him for a replacement. I think I'll also drop a note to inform him to inspect the condition of the earbuds too before shipping the new one to me.