Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 22, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #33,856 of 75,542
I got the NiceHCK graphene 2017 black...

@slappypete review was right.

This thing is as good as shozy BK with less in face mids and extended treble.

Soundstage is phenomenal.

Just make sure anybody who is interested should take black one with metal grill.

Bass: linear and throughout, bass extends deeper and has a good rumble. Don't expect mid bass thump as the bass is more tame and lean but has enough authority.

Mids: tamed down version of BK, which leads to something like ocharaku co donguri sort of tuning. It is warm but sort of clean. Mids are coloured in a good way which makes guitar plucks and string sound "Ting" instead of "ding". What makes it different of ocharaku iem is that female vocal sounds more mature instead of magical(ocharaku iem).

Treble: best extension under 100$. Better than mojito and sort if linear without peaks. It rolls of slightly from female vocals and goes linear making instrument harmonics or nature more real life instead of coloured.

Pace, rhythm and timing: here it only competes with under 50$. Somewhat inferior to Svara L on bass departments but better than shozy BK on mids and treble. Svara L authority is on bass presentation with perfect mids and treble but it lacks compared shozy BK control over mids. NiceHCK graphene outshine both of them.

Decay: naturally tight(bass is tight but still decay to give good presentation). High treble(above 8kHz) gets a little splashy but still very good

Con: splashy high range which makes it feel like a peak but is not peaky.

Aug 22, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #33,858 of 75,542
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-diy-mx760-graphene-10-22000hz.22777/reviews

This is the plastic version review compared to my metallic grill one.

Plastic one has grater stage but the bass is honky due to semi open driver cover compared to full open .

Mine sounds more trebly but is still smooth.

Internal reflection inside the semi open makes it more soundstage due to more natural decay. Mine sounds intimate compared to this and actually better for audiophile sounds.

Aug 22, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #33,859 of 75,542
I did it, I pulled the trigger on the TM9, the most expensive headphone I ever bought, will be the second most expensive audio gear after my JBL monitor speakers which cost me $500 AUD

can't say that I'm not excited though

Aug 22, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #33,860 of 75,542
I don't think the TM9 is a hype train yet as only a couple have heard them. But this FOMO train could easily become the FOMO-HYPE Connect!

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #33,862 of 75,542
I don't think the TM9 is a hype train yet as only a couple have heard them. But this FOMO train could easily become the FOMO-HYPE Connect!

Well, Blox has got a great reputation and TM7 from 2012 is almost legendary. I find mid tier Blox to only be okay but the TOTL Blox buds are among the best earbuds around.

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #33,863 of 75,542
Will be waiting for your impressions and possibly a comparison to the Liebesleid. Never thought I will be this excited again to post in this thread since getting my Liebesleid. I had the TM5 before but that was a long time ago. Don't remember anything special about that earbuds in terms of sound quality. Things have changed and tech has greatly evolved so this new TM9 might be special. I wonder why they skipped TM8. :)

Unfortunately I'm waiting for the datura, not the TM9 :dt880smile:. I'm contemplating whether to buy the TM9 or not, as I like my current collections already. but i think i can get a comparison as my friend is currently waiting for the TM9.

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #33,864 of 75,542
How did you get it so quickly? You were only asking about it 2 days ago.
i live in india and i have a bro working at Fedex. So most of the time he is checking up my delivery
thats why

FEDEX is lightning fast in india and china is pretty nearby

i got the ES4 preorder also very quickly.....remember!!

i dont have to pay for the shipping most of the time

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #33,865 of 75,542
"DIY PK1 PK2 SR 2PRO earphone 16 ohms 32 ohms 150 ohms" is about to arrive I think. So, as the matter of that burn-in, this is from the cellar.
"It is necessary to burn in for 100 hours without using the burn-in file. then after that, there is no problem even at high volume.".:smile_phones:

I used the burn-in file twice for this buds, but it may be the reason why the sound has been sometimes blurred at last. :triportsad:(Editted)
So I purchased this buds once more. I am now waiting for this new buds to receive... (Editted)

BTW, I recommended it only by one person, so I care about everyone's evaluation. If it is okay, even before or after burn-in, please let me know your impression.:L3000:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #33,866 of 75,542
"DIY PK1 PK2 SR 2PRO earphone 16 ohms 32 ohms 150 ohms" is about to arrive I think. So, as the matter of that burn-in, this is from the cellar.
"It is necessary to burn in for 100 hours without using the burn-in file. then after that, there is no problem even at high volume.".:smile_phones:

I used the burn-in file twice for this buds, but it may be the reason why the sound was temporarily blurred.:triportsad:

I recommended it only by one person, so I care about everyone's evaluation. If it is okay, even before or after burn-in, please let me know your impression.:L3000:

I think mine has arrived in the country. I always burn things in using regular flac files either plugged into a spare DAP or plugged into my PC desktop system. I listen during the process when I want to. I usually give it short breaks once in awhile.

I think mine

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #33,867 of 75,542
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-diy-mx760-graphene-10-22000hz.22777/reviews

This is the plastic version review compared to my metallic grill one.

Plastic one has grater stage but the bass is honky due to semi open driver cover compared to full open .

Mine sounds more trebly but is still smooth.

Internal reflection inside the semi open makes it more soundstage due to more natural decay. Mine sounds intimate compared to this and actually better for audiophile sounds.
Once I vented the plastic one it sounded better, so I'm guessing the metal one is what I'd prefer by far. The bass on the plastic one is way too wholly and bloated. It veils the whole signature.

Other than the 4khz peak it's a good signature, bright but with a warmer low end and moderate sub bass extension. But it's tuning seems to suffer like most of these graphene drivers the odd peaks of brightness that throw off the tonality.

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #33,868 of 75,542
How can you tell left from right with the Moondrop Liebesleid, sir?
The stems are different.

07181443_5b4ed38469931.jpg

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #33,870 of 75,542
Really loving my new MMC cable that I just received today for my EBX.
A real high-end cable finition at an affordable price. Extremely comfortable and much more flexible. Around the ear experience is much better now.
Finition is just outstanding and looks very good on the EBX. Also, it finally fixed my bad contacts issues that I was facing with the original EBX cable!
I'm happy :)

EBX_new_MMCX_1.jpg
EBX_new_MMCX_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back