Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #33,841 of 75,861
Faaeal Datura-X earbuds arrived and just put in my ears. first impressions are rather favourable. Bass is good, tight. mids clear and present, guitars sounding nice. Highs pleasant not sharp in any way. Let the burn in commence

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #33,842 of 75,861
20180821_135349[1].jpg

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #33,843 of 75,861
Faaeal Datura earbuds arrived and just put in my ears. first impressions are rather favourable. Bass is good, tight. mids clear and present, guitars sounding nice. Highs pleasant not sharp in any way. Let the burn in commence

can't wait for mine, it has arrived in my country, i hope it will get here soon

Aug 21, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #33,844 of 75,861
Faaeal Datura-X earbuds arrived and just put in my ears. first impressions are rather favourable. Bass is good, tight. mids clear and present, guitars sounding nice. Highs pleasant not sharp in any way. Let the burn in commence
Does it compare to anything else in your inventory?

Aug 21, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #33,846 of 75,861
IMG_20180822_041234.jpg
This is perhaps the first earbud that I felt sounded full without ever need to apply foam. In fact applying foams will make it sound muddy.

Very transparent sounding but there's something about the lower mids that made certain track sounds carackly or wet-ish. Those track however very few in between.

It's also my current driver for TV / movies watching (LO to my amp). The sound seems like they're coming from the TV and not in front of my face. Still around 10 hour burning.

Aug 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #33,847 of 75,861

This is perhaps the first earbud that I felt sounded full without ever need to apply foam. In fact applying foams will make it sound muddy.

Very transparent sounding but there's something about the lower mids that made certain track sounds carackly or wet-ish. Those track however very few in between.

It's also my current driver for TV / movies watching (LO to my amp). The sound seems like they're coming from the TV and not in front of my face. Still around 10 hour burning.
Is it a stock docomo earbud?

Aug 21, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #33,850 of 75,861
Yes bro it's the docomo. Forgot to mention in my post.

My Blur Black Panther is a modded Docomo. I use it with no foam. Very comfortable and sounds great.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #33,851 of 75,861
Spent a good part of today with my Blur 150Ω hALF/hALF plugged in to to my Radsone ES100, and connected to my new LG V30 (US998). When I enabled BT, and paired them, they automatically connected with LDAC (24-Bit/96-KHz). Mostly had TuneIn Pro running, but also used UAPP some.

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #33,854 of 75,861
can't wait for mine, it has arrived in my country, i hope it will get here soon

Will be waiting for your impressions and possibly a comparison to the Liebesleid. Never thought I will be this excited again to post in this thread since getting my Liebesleid. I had the TM5 before but that was a long time ago. Don't remember anything special about that earbuds in terms of sound quality. Things have changed and tech has greatly evolved so this new TM9 might be special. I wonder why they skipped TM8. :)

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #33,855 of 75,861
"Will be waiting for your impressions and possibly a comparison to the Liebesleid. Never thought I will be this excited again to post in this thread since getting my Liebesleid."

Let me first say that I simply appreciate good or better sounding gear, but am not an expert of any kind. My impressions are purely personal, not technical, and should be taken as coming from a simple person who might possess some kind of knowledge, pedestrian though it may be, regarding music and his own preference.

That being said, out of the box, I was blown away. Punchy bass and sparkling highs very wide sound stage. Very clear separation of instruments. Clarity is superb without any sibilance. I've played Tchaikovsky, 70s, 80s, 90s, Jazz, Swing - doesn't matter, sound is full and detailed. I'm tempted to say as good as my burned-in Mojito.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back