Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 22, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #33,872 of 75,861
The stems are different.

07181443_5b4ed38469931.jpg
Thanks.I'm so blown away by these buds.Still trying to pick-up my scattered brain parts.

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #33,874 of 75,861
Once I vented the plastic one it sounded better, so I'm guessing the metal one is what I'd prefer by far. The bass on the plastic one is way too wholly and bloated. It veils the whole signature.

Other than the 4khz peak it's a good signature, bright but with a warmer low end and moderate sub bass extension. But it's tuning seems to suffer like most of these graphene drivers the odd peaks of brightness that throw off the tonality.
Not present on the metal one.

Graphene coated diaphragm makes diaphragm stiffer without increasing weight, somewhat turning it into partial tweeter. Hard cone starts acting like pure piston which is good for speaker and not iem. The moment you put a extended driver near your ear, your ear structure will make it peaky.

I did not experience that on my pair

Aug 23, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #33,878 of 75,861
Please tell us what you've compared it to, and in what ways you find the Astrotec to be superior. What type of music do you listen to?
I listen everything(most of the genre) but most of the time the famous one. I sorta avoid metal sometimes.

My astrotec lyra collection is too clean for eatbud and avoid the hollowness most of the iem is suffering (even my shozy bk).

Bass is leaner and a little weaker but mids and treble are killer

Aug 23, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #33,879 of 75,861
I have astrotec lyra classic/ collection and it blows away everything so far...

Seriously nothing stands in his domain.

Can't say I hold such high an opinion on the Lyra Classic. Didn't bother to try the Lyra Collection as someone whom I trust (and own both high and low impedance version) told me it is not quite up to par to be referred as ToTL just yet. Having own Lyra 6 and Lyra Classic, my opinion is that Astrotec still yet to prove it can compete in the top level, even though it can made good earbuds.

Aug 23, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #33,880 of 75,861
Can't say I hold such high an opinion on the Lyra Classic. Didn't bother to try the Lyra Collection as someone whom I trust (and own both high and low impedance version) told me it is not quite up to par to be referred as ToTL just yet. Having own Lyra 6 and Lyra Classic, my opinion is that Astrotec still yet to prove it can compete in the top level, even though it can made good earbuds.

I'm hoping the SWD2+ to be an upgrade from the Lyra Collection...

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #33,881 of 75,861
Replacement Astrotec Lyra Collection was sent back again due to another case of poor QC.

Seller is replacing it with a Simphonio Dragon 2+ at no additional cost...

Fingers crossed this time.

i think this is the better arrangement. chances are you'll gonna love the SWD2+

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #33,883 of 75,861
Its our opinion and ears as we our fundamentally different in our ear structure and brain perception to sound etc.
Now I sound like him
@Slater

I find shozy BK shouty and upfront sometimes. Some find it smooth, I find it grainy and revealing

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #33,884 of 75,861
Replacement Astrotec Lyra Collection was sent back again due to another case of poor QC.

Seller is replacing it with a Simphonio Dragon 2+...

Fingers crossed this time.

Sounds like a better deal to me. Hopefully no more problem from now on.

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #33,885 of 75,861
Since my Moonbuds Bunting has been loaned to a friend, I have been rocking one the buds I have sparsely used - V-Oldy from V-Friend of Thailand.
I had reviewed their V-Master flagship earlier and was not that impressed.
The V-Oldy costs in the $20 range and has a poorly finished paint quality, even for budget bud standards.

But they sound really good, especially with the Shanling M0 (Linear Phase Fast Roll off filter). The Shanling has a warmer tone with nice boost to the sub-bass and this works wonders for the humble V-Oldy - not the most detailed sound, but there is enough to keep it more than likable (Thin foams used; not the thick ones shown in the pic :))

The demo unit was sent to me by V-friend team along with my purchase of the V-Master.
20180518_135851.jpg
20180821_175013.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back