Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 23, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #33,886 of 75,861
How big are MX500 compared to the **** pt15s

Thinking of picking up the willsound mk3s, but I'd preferably like something sliiiiiightly smaller than the pt15s (diameter of the speaker area)

Aug 23, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #33,887 of 75,861
Does anyone have the Willsound MK2 and the Shanling M0?
I found that the "Sharp" EQ setting on the Shanling with the stock foams makes them sound extremely clear and neutral! It also makes the imaging better. For acoustic or alternative rock, it works a treat.

I'd really like to replicate the EQ settings on my PC too, does anyone know what a generic "Sharp" EQ setting would look like with the APO equalizer on PC?

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #33,889 of 75,861
NiceHCK graphene is serious deal(2017 diy edition) and not mx760

Black version metal grill

It just does so much justice to my music that I have been listening to it for past 3hours nonstop.

I can't stop myself from loving it.

Stage, separation is phenomenal for 20$. Better than rose mojito in every way except the extension(can't argue with dual driver and super expensive piece of hardware).

I tried NiceHCK ebx and they sorta sound somewhat similar, just that EBX does more justice to low end with more authority and control timing. EBX is a little more upfront but I dont know why niceHCK graphene makes me remember the ocharaku sound. Bell like highs(masterful decays) and a very nice but lean bass with a very well mastered soundscape and image.

I will just say to niceHCK that please update the body to something better and ditch the plastic.

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #33,890 of 75,861
Today at work, I've got my NiceHCK EBX plugged into my Radsone ES100, connected via LDAC (24-Bit/96-KHz) to my new LG V30 (US998), rooted and running LineageOS.
The phone can sit on my desk, or be in the holster on my belt, and the ES100 is on my badge lanyard.
Currently streaming Google Play Music (The Celtic Spirit).
(Photo taken with my old phone - Google Nexus 5)
DSC-180823-074455.jpg

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #33,891 of 75,861
Does anyone have the Willsound MK2 and the Shanling M0?
I found that the "Sharp" EQ setting on the Shanling with the stock foams makes them sound extremely clear and neutral! It also makes the imaging better. For acoustic or alternative rock, it works a treat.

I'd really like to replicate the EQ settings on my PC too, does anyone know what a generic "Sharp" EQ setting would look like with the APO equalizer on PC?
The sharp/slow settings on some DAP's are filters implemented in the dac chip I believe. I think it's a processing effect to adjust the decay and I may be wrong in saying this but I don't think an EQ can create the same effect.

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #33,892 of 75,861
The sharp/slow settings on some DAP's are filters implemented in the dac chip I believe. I think it's a processing effect to adjust the decay and I may be wrong in saying this but I don't think an EQ can create the same effect.
it is something precoded on DAC on how it capture and process signal and how it maintains peak thow of frequency. mostly in DAC which support DSD, it also acts on the PCM signal. lower peak and larger energy flow makes thing warmer and louder while sharp filter makes thing faster and cleaner but more peak burst which can damage you earphones. so i recommend to listen on low volume(DAP are always loud) from DSD capable DAP(They are already pretty loud)

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #33,893 of 75,861

Those are the filters, but this "Sharp" is an EQ mode. It's in the EQ settings along with "Bass", "Classical", "Rock", and so on. Most of the EQ settings muddy up the sound, but the sharp filter works perfectly with the Willsound MK2, but not with my other earphones.

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #33,894 of 75,861
Those are the filters, but this "Sharp" is an EQ mode. It's in the EQ settings along with "Bass", "Classical", "Rock", and so on. Most of the EQ settings muddy up the sound, but the sharp filter works perfectly with the Willsound MK2, but not with my other earphones.
oooohhhh lol

i dont have the dap you have bro

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #33,895 of 75,861
Today at work, I've got my NiceHCK EBX plugged into my Radsone ES100, connected via LDAC (24-Bit/96-KHz) to my new LG V30 (US998), rooted and running LineageOS.
The phone can sit on my desk, or be in the holster on my belt, and the ES100 is on my badge lanyard.
Currently streaming Google Play Music (The Celtic Spirit).
(Photo taken with my old phone - Google Nexus 5)
nice mobile audio rig.

did i make a mistake skipping EBX?

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #33,896 of 75,861
It's probably reducing the mid-bass-low mids and increasing the upper mid-low treble range then. Willsound mk2 is borderline bloated in the upper bass (hence the use of super thin foams as stock) and any reduction of the 100-300hz range will make the mk2 much 'cleaner' sounding. Bumping up the lower treble makes the sound more agressive or 'sharp' too.

Just a guess but the 100-300hz range is definitely an area to target on the mk2 for a more balanced sound.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #33,897 of 75,861
nice mobile audio rig.

did i make a mistake skipping EBX?

Well, I haven't heard most of the earbuds on your equipment list, but if you can - imagine the TO200, with "fast" Bass that goes even lower (without causing Midbass bloat), as well as slightly forward Midrange, and clear detailed Treble - that's my impression of the EBX.

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #33,898 of 75,861
How big are MX500 compared to the **** pt15s

Thinking of picking up the willsound mk3s, but I'd preferably like something sliiiiiightly smaller than the pt15s (diameter of the speaker area)

If you mean overall diameter, the PT15 is 0.5mm smaller than the MX500 shell. A couple of us posted some measurements in this thread some time back.

Edit: check page 1895 for a few more.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #33,899 of 75,861
Well, I haven't heard most of the earbuds on your equipment list, but if you can - imagine the TO200, with "fast" Bass that goes even lower (without causing Midbass bloat), as well as slightly forward Midrange, and clear detailed Treble - that's my impression of the EBX.
Same with me....it just goes lower and lower for an earbud without bloating

Aug 23, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #33,900 of 75,861
Snagged those new, Faaeal Datura-x from Amazon prime cheaper than aliexpress. Should have them soon and will post impressions for whatever thats worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back