Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #24,677 of 75,551
There are a couple of reviews on here, but I find searching on my phone to be a real pain and cannot find them for you. I was tempted to order them today.

Sorry if I sway you to another topic, but I see you have MX760 Graphene and Shozy BK. I would like to know the difference between them if I missed your impression somewhere here before. If you dont mind.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #24,678 of 75,551
...I think that there are many new people who only ask many questions recently, so I may have wrote it strongly.

I'm sorry.:triportsad:

We all lose patience sometimes, it happens. No serious harm done here but allow me me to give you a different perspective.

Head-Fi has a certain reputation you see referenced on reddit and other forums, and your post is just one small example of how Head-Fi lives up to its' reputation. Compared to other tech/product forums it's very elitist, insular and quite hostile to new members with questions, many of which just seem to go unanswered.

Thanks to the success of other social media, most forums have suffered compared to their heyday. The loss of users to other media is only increased with every hostile response, every ignored question only serves to drive more people away.

Forums thrive when there is high traffic from regulars, casual users and newbies. Once the the traffic falls below the critical mass, conversation grinds to a halt and the forum dies. I used Head-Fi a long time ago seeking information and as I remember, it used to be much more lively and positive. Now I wonder what it will be like in a few years time.

Remember that the overwhelming majority of us do not have the money and/or inclination to buy multiple headphones & DAPs to compare for themselves. This is not judgemental about this hobby, everyone is entitled to spend their own time and money however they see fit, but most of us new and low post count users probably just want to avoid being ripped off and get the the best, most suitable product they can afford.

Maybe you have to help 20, 50 or 100 people before one of them fully embraces the hobby and starts reviewing many products, but it should be worth the effort for community as a whole to draw people in as much as possible.

you did not add "like" to others' last answer. That is a rude act.

You may feel that way, but the flip side is some people hate 'likes.' Value is in the discussion and words written, helping people for genuine community spirit, rather than a contest to win the most arbitrary internet points.

I guess it can be useful to click a like to acknowledge a reply, but I appreciate a personal response of thanks. I would much prefer there not to be a count on the number of likes. But whatever the method of acknowledgement, most of us are busy at work, looking after children etc. and comments can get overlooked. That doesn't mean they intended a personal slight or rudeness.

In this case, "you" should ask the shop about which cable has the best performance, and "you" should have been to told the contents of the answer to everyone.
On this point, I would just say the words of unknown sales persons are worth little. If only we could trust manufacturers and sellers were always truthful and honest, but we are all here to seek the experience of real customers.

On a last note, if someone is getting too pushy or annoying, remember the ignore list can be useful. You don't have to make it permanent, you can just add a name until the frustration passes.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #24,679 of 75,551
Sorry if I sway you to another topic, but I see you have MX760 Graphene and Shozy BK. I would like to know the difference between them if I missed your impression somewhere here before. If you dont mind.
Sorry, I only got them recently and been burning them in. Haven't really done much listening to the Graphene because of this. BK is a great bud though. I'm away from home and only have BK with me.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #24,681 of 75,551
The new DIY Graphenes has a frequency range of 10-22000Hz, while in the older one it's 15-30000Hz. It is certainly wider in the older one. The cable is also covered with plastic in the newer one.

This makes me think that the newer Graphenes are a cheaper/alternative model with a graphene driver. Tonally these two may be totally different. The newer one may have a bit more sub bass as someone mentioned.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #24,682 of 75,551
We all lose patience sometimes, it happens. No serious harm done here but allow me me to give you a different perspective.

Head-Fi has a certain reputation you see referenced on reddit and other forums, and your post is just one small example of how Head-Fi lives up to its' reputation. Compared to other tech/product forums it's very elitist, insular and quite hostile to new members with questions, many of which just seem to go unanswered.

Thanks to the success of other social media, most forums have suffered compared to their heyday. The loss of users to other media is only increased with every hostile response, every ignored question only serves to drive more people away.

Forums thrive when there is high traffic from regulars, casual users and newbies. Once the the traffic falls below the critical mass, conversation grinds to a halt and the forum dies. I used Head-Fi a long time ago seeking information and as I remember, it used to be much more lively and positive. Now I wonder what it will be like in a few years time.

Remember that the overwhelming majority of us do not have the money and/or inclination to buy multiple headphones & DAPs to compare for themselves. This is not judgemental about this hobby, everyone is entitled to spend their own time and money however they see fit, but most of us new and low post count users probably just want to avoid being ripped off and get the the best, most suitable product they can afford.

Maybe you have to help 20, 50 or 100 people before one of them fully embraces the hobby and starts reviewing many products, but it should be worth the effort for community as a whole to draw people in as much as possible.

You may feel that way, but the flip side is some people hate 'likes.' Value is in the discussion and words written, helping people for genuine community spirit, rather than a contest to win the most arbitrary internet points.

I guess it can be useful to click a like to acknowledge a reply, but I appreciate a personal response of thanks. I would much prefer there not to be a count on the number of likes. But whatever the method of acknowledgement, most of us are busy at work, looking after children etc. and comments can get overlooked. That doesn't mean they intended a personal slight or rudeness.

On this point, I would just say the words of unknown sales persons are worth little. If only we could trust manufacturers and sellers were always truthful and honest, but we are are all here to seek the experience of real customers.

On a last note, if someone is getting too pushy or annoying, remember the ignore list can be useful. You don't have to make it permanent, you can just add a name until the frustration passes.

I feel there is a slight gap between your general theory and the problem of excessive repetition of questions of this time (and to me).
However, my remarks were too emotional.

I am sorry again.:triportsad:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #24,683 of 75,551
so now i have:
Shozy Cygnus
VE Monk/Monk Plus
VE Zen 2.0
previously got:
K's 300 Samsara
K's 600

is there a recommendations of what else to get from 11.11?
i think about ty hi-z. HP-650 aka 650 ohm version? i heard good things about ty hi-z hp150s and ty hi-z f300m. is they any good?
i would like to just get nice stuff for a bit cheaper price this time (just to evaluate is enough. i would spend many time with that earbuds) :)

let's ignore existence of Liebesleid for now :wink:

maybe Yinman 600ohm 2.0 ?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #24,686 of 75,551
I think a bud that people overlook are the Edifier buds. I think they are just as good as the MX500 but more energetic. Sort of a combination of the sound of the MX500 and the Graphene. A very wide and spacious soundstage and makes for a great bud for modding for balanced output. Just my take, as I am a fan of these buds and see that they have a pretty good discount for 11.11. I am not schilling for them at all.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #24,687 of 75,551
Thanks. How would you say they differ from both the niceHCK graphene and the Boarseman mx98s?

The seahf has a warmer and fuller sound whereas the graphene is tighter. I have never listened to the Boaresman

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #24,689 of 75,551
Thanks! Which two would you say I should buy out of: 1) Seahf awk-f32t 2) niceHCK Graphene and 3) EMX500

I would recommend the seahf and the graphene

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #24,690 of 75,551
I think a bud that people overlook are the Edifier buds.

Which Edifier? I have considered them a few times. Is the fit smaller than that of a Monk? I am having problems with buds with Monk style shells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back