Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #24,692 of 74,623
But shozy bk is very much source dependent. And sound varies from source to source, whats ur take?
I have 3 sources (Shozy Alien + Onkyo DP-X1 + Cowon Plenue 1) and Shozy BK sound great on all... And not very different from 3. Small preference for it with the Plenue 1 signature, I agree. For example I prefer my TY hi-Z HP-650 with my Onkyo DP-X1. But it's just a synergy - and a DAP signature - preference!

Why you talk about "source dependant" for it? It's not the case, no more than the others earbuds I own / I have listen. :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #24,693 of 74,623
so now i have:
Shozy Cygnus
VE Monk/Monk Plus
VE Zen 2.0
previously got:
K's 300 Samsara
K's 600

is there a recommendations of what else to get from 11.11?
i think about ty hi-z. HP-650 aka 650 ohm version? i heard good things about ty hi-z hp150s and ty hi-z f300m. is they any good?
i would like to just get nice stuff for a bit cheaper price this time (just to evaluate is enough. i would spend many time with that earbuds) :)

let's ignore existence of Liebesleid for now :wink:

maybe Yinman 600ohm 2.0 ?
got ty hi-z 650 and seahf awk-f650s.
is yinman 600 any good ? :) i have seen mentions on this thread... can't find review for them tho ;p

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #24,695 of 74,623
But shozy bk is very much source dependent. And sound varies from source to source, whats ur take?
Shozy BK drives easily on my iphone and sounds great. I’m sure it will improve as you improve the source but I do think it is easy to drive.

I find that it’s so thick in sound that I needed to use monk thin foams cut into donut to make it more airy. Great earbuds though, so are the cygnus btw.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #24,697 of 74,623
Which Edifier? I have considered them a few times. Is the fit smaller than that of a Monk? I am having problems with buds with Monk style shells.
The H180 has a head size similar to monk, but the body is slimmer and so is the neck part, which makes it easier to angle around in the ear. The H185 is smaller with a different angled design. The H190 looks to be inbetween, but I can't confirm on this one, because I haven't received that one yet.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #24,698 of 74,623
Ordered the new NiceHCK Graphene with mic as it's only running $16, also ordered the newer **** PT15 as I'm curious about the sound sig change.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #24,699 of 74,623
The H180 has a head size similar to monk, but the body is slimmer and so is the neck part, which makes it easier to angle around in the ear. The H185 is smaller with a different angled design. The H190 looks to be inbetween, but I can't confirm on this one, because I haven't received that one yet.

Thanks for replying.
Which do you like best sound-wise?

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #24,701 of 74,623
Let us know how the Senfers are. I was underwhelmed with the original.

The original is for treble-heads, and as I'm anything but I can sympathize. It does have a spectacular treble section for the cost, and reports state that the new one has a non-anemic bass, which I'm really looking forward to. Still unsure if I need a new Svara in hopes for a more phone-friendly version.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #24,703 of 74,623
Thanks! Which two would you say I should buy out of: 1) Seahf awk-f32t 2) niceHCK Graphene and 3) EMX500

Also, anyone else here can compare Boarseman mx98s with the ones above?

Hi answering here instead of the DM.
Sorry, I can never ever recommend the Graphenes. They are badly tuned to my ears. Only interesting to have for reference.
If you had asked me a year ago I would had recommended the MX98s, but now there are better buds at a cheaper price - read NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1.

If someone has limited funds and I would recommend an order depending on when a pair of buds get trumped by a more expensive pair:
1. NICEHCK Vido
2. NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1

Now you need to get an amp or a half decent DAP with some power (or move directly to number 6).
Get a Walnut V2 or a Zishan Z1 or even better a JAZZ R7.0, The JAZZ R7.0 paired with a rockboxed XDuoo X3 is a sweet stack.

3. K's Earphone K300 Pro or if you can still find a Seahf Smart 1.0
4. K's Earphone 500
5. K's Earphone K300 Samsara / K's Earphone K600
6. Cypherus Audio CampFred 2. Not necessarily better than the K-buds at no 5, but don't need an amp.

And if you don't want to buy NICEHCK buds, then go Seahf in stage 1 and 2, and avoid TY Hi-Z if you can get Seahf. I can recommend all my Seahf buds except Seahf LD-3.0 400. I think that model is still sold under the new naming Seahf AWK-400. So avoid that particular model since it is on par with the TY Hi-Z line.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #24,704 of 74,623
Hi answering here instead of the DM.
Sorry, I can never ever recommend the Graphenes. They are badly tuned to my ears. Only interesting to have for reference.
If you had asked me a year ago I would had recommended the MX98s, but now there are better buds at a cheaper price - read NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1.

If someone has limited funds and I would recommend an order depending on when a pair of buds get trumped by a more expensive pair:
1. NICEHCK Vido
2. NICEHCK MX500/NICEHCK PK1

Now you need to get an amp or a half decent DAP with some power (or move directly to number 6).
Get a Walnut V2 or a Zishan Z1 or even better a JAZZ R7.0, The JAZZ R7.0 paired with a rockboxed XDuoo X3 is a sweet stack.

3. K's Earphone K300 Pro or if you can still find a Seahf Smart 1.0
4. K's Earphone 500
5. K's Earphone K300 Samsara / K's Earphone K600
6. Cypherus Audio CampFred 2. Not necessarily better than the K-buds at no 5, but don't need an amp.

And if you don't want to buy NICEHCK buds, then go Seahf in stage 1 and 2, and avoid TY Hi-Z if you can get Seahf. I can recommend all my Seahf buds except Seahf LD-3.0 400. I think that model is still sold under the new naming Seahf AWK-400. So avoid that particular model since it is on par with the TY Hi-Z line.

You may want to give what sound sig you prefer as a reference point. Going by Vido & Smart 1.0 I'm assuming you enjoy bass.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #24,705 of 74,623
Thanks for replying.
Which do you like best sound-wise?
I only have the H180 and H185 and honestly, they sound almost exactly alike. H180 might have a slight edge on spaciousness (probably due to shell design). I'm curious about the H190 because from their description, it's their pro model. I got those for 11.11 on a nice discount today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back