Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 10, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #24,646 of 75,254
That was hilarious indeed. Dont mean to derail the old issue here but the attitude to keep comparing and stress out how comparable his Blur to the $20 K300( which he was actually modded with other pricier cable) made me nauseated. Unfortunately, that is only one part of the equation. Theres another one person PM'ed me his finding about Blur which I found to be as fishy as the first guy did. I smell tuna around. Hope its not another political agenda and solely based on their opinion. Therefore, brought me to my initial question above.
Anyone has any info about this blur maker? It's kind of weird he's disappeared completely in AE fb, even my fb messenger conversation with him was blocked!(I bought a blur silver from him).

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #24,647 of 75,254
the transparent one , isnt it also curling inside ? it looks like there is braided cable inside a transparent plastic housing. but is the cable copper?

I think they're all just copper, maybe silver plated. Not sure, or just silver colour painted over lol

If you look at all the silver cables sold separately, they cost 3-4 times the price of the graphene.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #24,648 of 75,254
Anyone has any info about this blur maker? It's kind of weird he's disappeared completely in AE fb, even my fb messenger conversation with him was blocked!(I bought a blur silver from him).
It sounds weird. Previously I saw him post that he was in Western countries (look like he is travelling) then come back and post his own 64Ohm earbuds pictures. Could you try to add him as friend in Facebook?

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #24,649 of 75,254
Hello,

A couple of years ago, I started looking for some portable headphones. On that quest, I found the VE Monks and ordered one to try. These were easily the best earbuds I had ever tried, and I was over the moon considering the price I paid for them. I immediately ordered 4 more. I use them very roughly. I am down to my last pair now (broke 4 of them, lost 1).

Before ordering more of these, I started researching about other earbuds and found out this thread and many others. I was surprised to find that the monks are considered bottom tiers! I have read pretty much this entire thread I am looking for some help, especially considering the 11.11 sale! Let me start by giving some background.

Music: I listen to pretty much every genre. Classic rock, alternative, indie, hip hop, electronic, country, bollywood. Anything and everything except death metal/screaming type of music. So I am looking for versatile, all rounder earbuds.

Source: Most of the time, just my android phone.

Budget: $50

After reading this thread and many others, I have sort of narrowed it down to buying EMX500 and one other pair.

Two pairs I have shortlisted are:

1) NICEHCK DIY Graphene
2) Boarseman MX98s

Which one do you think will suit my needs better? Are there any other ones that you guys think I should consider?

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #24,656 of 75,254
sorry i dont understand. so all the versions have wires are braided but some of them are enclosed in plastic?

here are some wire examples lol point is they all sound the same pick one u think looks good
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1v3HEGpXXXXchXFXXq6xXFXXXR/201172055/HTB1v3HEGpXXXXchXFXXq6xXFXXXR.jpg
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...y-repair-line-upgrade/323026_32289968991.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...er-silver-plated-wire/323026_32723976017.html

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #24,658 of 75,254
I gave up ordering anything from online vendors based here in Thailand. From guitars to electronic equipment, all the ones I've tried are too lazy to update stock availability on their websites. I really can't see the point of having a website advertising loads of products you haven't even got in stock - am I missing something?

Sorry for the mini rant but it really does annoy me.

Not sure I can answer in the right direction of your question. Mostly DIY don't have a big lot of stocks not only DIY products in Thailand but also Indonesia's, Singapore's, etc. I tried to introduce everyone here that in my country there are still some interesting DIY earbuds which some people here might be interested. (and some guys here already purchased with satisfaction e.g. BDE, BLE, V-Master, etc.)Apart from DIY earbuds product, I have no idea about your shopping experience at Thailand though they're just case by case. Otherwise, you are going to make national criticism, aren't you?

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #24,659 of 75,254
I was hoping Penon might have had more buds in the sale...
I found their AliExpress store, weirdly they seem to have the 11:11 page in Spanish which really screws up browsing, but there isn't anything there I will buy today. I don't see any DAPs at compelling sale prices either, and there aren't good tablets on sale for the old folk. The sale is a bit of a disappointment overall.

Unless I stumble onto something I definitely want right now I'll have to wait and see what happens during the Black Friday sales and maybe in the new year.

...ended up with over $300 in the basket... ...Willpower help me now!
Just remember that a deal offer is only a bargain if it's something that you actually do want. If you're buying things you don't need/want then you're just being suckered into sale fever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back