Earbuds Round-Up

1. RodRevenge
    The Blue one looks sweet i think im buying it

2. vladstef
    They are ready to milk this cow but it's a good product and it's justified. Same thing is happening with EMX500, a billion different versions. I guess quality products managed to become mainstream for once, we need more of that.

3. SweetEars
    one thing is for sure, the emx 500 and graphene both outdo usual earbuds that are offered by established brands like Phillips sony at the same price

waynes world and HungryPanda like this.
  4. HungryPanda
    Amen to that, and let it long continue

groucho69 likes this.
  5. SweetEars

I did a mod with the Ve monks , not sure if its the same, but i used scotch tape on the outside without drilling or removing anything to cover...the result is that the sound stage improved with better layering and tamed mids.

from another TOPIC threAD AT HEADFI . I JUST PASTED SCOTCH TAPE ON THE OUTSIDE INSTEAD OF USING BLU TACK FROM THE INSIDE. BOTH SIDES OF THE GREEN U SEE IN THIS PIC

[​IMG]

6. euge
    God damn it now I'll have to add another 2 to the cart. The new graphene looks to have a way better build, the frequency response range is diff too

7. SweetEars
    frequency rang is different but the cables are plastic? how will this affect the sound quality? the emx500 have a braided cable

8. waynes world
    I see that you have them. How do you like them?

Edit: reading the reviews now. Seems pretty good. Good if you're in a mid-centric frame of mind!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    HungryPanda likes this.
  9. waynes world
    That looks like the glorious original Monk. You didn't mess with that, did you?

10. seanc6441
    Nice the original monks. I've heard it works better with that version than the new. I was kind of forced to drill a hole because the pk shell is onl vented at the back and I needed a bottom port like you see on some other earbuds to help sub bass. Usually the back ports affect more of the airiness vs punchiness of the sound as the driver is directly opposite. The bottom port have a slighty more subtle effect in bass quantity.

11. SweetEars
    well the picture is not mine, its just for illustration .. i just used scotch tape from the outside to tape up the holes as state in the picture

12. SweetEars
    anyone ordered the new graphene ? sounds enticing....

13. euge
    I think the actual cable material will only affect sq, not how its put together.
    It looks similar to the panda pk2s cable that I have and its one of my favourite cable, its soft and smooth, definitely doesn't look as cool as the braided one but it handles much better.

edit: there's also a braided cable option on that new graphene, but I don't like how it looks like its twisting and curling

it's in my cart for tonight!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  14. SweetEars
    the transparent one , isnt it also curling inside ? it looks like there is braided cable inside a transparent plastic housing. but is the cable copper?

15. MLTKSHHBT
    Anyone has any info about this blur maker? It's kind of weird he's disappeared completely in AE fb, even my fb messenger conversation with him was blocked!(I bought a blur silver from him).