Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 12, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #43,576 of 75,149
Perhaps it's the cable at fault. Can you try a different one? Or reverse the one you have?

Well I switched mmcx cables for the one I had on my Tennmak pro. It turned completely green from the 2 years or so it was in storage...
The cable itself goes down a lot more than the stock cable from the ST-10. Where the stock cable was floating 1-1.5 mm, the Tennmak cable is touching on the right and floating .5 to 1mm on the left...
I listened for a few hours today and no cuts. I felt like the cable made the bass heavier the first time I switched but made some of the imaging less good, but I am pretty sure it is from the green placebo. After a break and listening they sounded great again.

They definitely feel like a step up from the MK2. Details are about the same, but the MK2 brings everything up front really close and it hurts the imaging.
Playing Overwatch with it too, the soundstage and imaging is PERFECT. Everything is exactly as far away as it seems it is. I can even hear if the sound is coming from behind me. I've never been able to hear that from another earbud/IEM/headphone that I own. Listening to Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing" every percussion seems to come in at a different height. Amazing! This is something I have almost never heard this clearly. Maybe only on the ATH-CM2000Ti.

Even if I have to switch it if it cuts up again, I will get another st-10. It's amazing!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #43,577 of 75,149
The NiceHCK ME80 has slightly better bass than the Liebesleid, at least I think so. It slightly over-emphasizes bass over vocals though, but people that like bass might prefer that. Apart from that I can't really hear much difference. Even the cable is almost even lol.
Only big difference is: Liebesleid has a metallic shell, ME80 plastic. Shell size is almost the same I'd say, but Liebesleid has a slightly better fit (with a plastic ring + full foam)

Edit: Vocals (male ones at least) are way better on Liebesleid. ME80 sounds a bit more "airy", which I also like.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #43,578 of 75,149
The NiceHCK ME80 has slightly better bass than the Liebesleid, at least I think so. It slightly over-emphasizes bass over vocals though, but people that like bass might prefer that. Apart from that I can't really hear much difference. Even the cable is almost even lol.
Only big difference is: Liebesleid has a metallic shell, ME80 plastic. Shell size is almost the same I'd say, but Liebesleid has a slightly better fit (with a plastic ring + full foam)

Edit: Vocals (male ones at least) are way better on Liebesleid. ME80 sounds a bit more "airy", which I also like.

The ME80 has a metal shell.. at least mine does.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #43,580 of 75,149
It feels like plastic shell to me.

HTB1tEIQelGE3KVjSZFhq6AkaFXai.jpg

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #43,581 of 75,149
Yea construction on the ME80 is nice. Feel is nice. I like the cable too. RY4S + MMCX is stealing all my time though. It was a very brief honeymoon with ME80 but the Plus is killing it. running balanced into M11 and Im stunned. I have been waiting on others to talk about them because their is such a huge difference between the Plus and the UE that Im thinking I might have a jacked up UE.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #43,582 of 75,149
Try this
100 Pcs Black Sponge Earbud Headphone Cap Ear Pads Cover Replacement
http://s.aliexpress.com/MFbuuMri
(from AliExpress Android)

...and a selection of colors is nice too:) Most of these arrived last week.... didn't realize the multipack was 200 foams:) I like the quality of these Trig Rain foams. We have more foams than these of course... all the ones that came with various buds plus some big bags of black ones.

The colors don't sound different but there might be a psychological effect:)

Here you go:

Store link:
https://trigrain518946.aliexpress.com/store/group/Foam-ear-pads/518946_509998943.html

I've stopped using the thinner foams. The thicker foams are a slightly more dense, softer feeling foam vs the thinner more porous (and somewhat itchy) foams.

These are the thinner ones.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/30P...acement-For-Earphone-MP3-MP4/32909795959.html

These are the thicker ones (identical density/foam, bottom link is just a lot more of them for a good price):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20p...phone-Earpads-Covers-MP3-MP4/32671911259.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50-...ns-bud-Headphone-Covers-Tips/32607003829.html

There is also the VE "ex pack" for earbuds. Select the last 'color' option for it. I've not ordered it (yet), but it has a selection. I'm not sure how their 'thick' foams compare to the above links.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/32417311324.html

Here's closeup pics of the two.

'thicker'

'thinner'

If you want to go almost no foam, there are these as well. I've never tried them as they look super itchy:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ers-Tips-For-Earphone/518946_32881765999.html

4FwnuSA.jpg

Thank you ! It was very helpful for me. Especially, assassin10000 is very detailed.
The right is thinner foams.For reference.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #43,583 of 75,149
Yea construction on the ME80 is nice. Feel is nice. I like the cable too. RY4S + MMCX is stealing all my time though. It was a very brief honeymoon with ME80 but the Plus is killing it. running balanced into M11 and Im stunned. I have been waiting on others to talk about them because their is such a huge difference between the Plus and the UE that Im thinking I might have a jacked up UE.

I find the ME80 to be extremely fit dependent. Depending on how I position them I get such different results. Sometimes they are awesome and sometimes just average (still good). I think they are a little too big for me. The thickness.

I have not compared my RY4S Plus to my RY4S UE but I am loving the Plus. I just assumed they had the same drivers but maybe not.

I also put a balanced cable on mine. but have actually only used it so far with a short SE adapter cable I will try the Plus with one of my balanced daps soon.. At least when I buy a 2.5 balanced cable I have a choice as to whether or not to use the adapter.

R0015025.JPG

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #43,584 of 75,149
I find the ME80 to be extremely fit dependent. Depending on how I position them I get such different results. Sometimes they are awesome and sometimes just average (still good). I think they are a little too big for me. The thickness.

I have not compared my RY4S Plus to my RY4S UE but I am loving the Plus. I just assumed they had the same drivers but maybe not.

I also put a balanced cable on mine. but have actually only used it so far with a short SE adapter cable I will try the Plus with one of my balanced daps soon.. At least when I buy a 2.5 balanced cable I have a choice as to whether or not to use the adapter.

I agree about the ME80 being super fit dependant. It sounds best to me with no foams, but as soon as I walk around the position moves and it sounds very mediocre. I put thick heigi foams on it and it was very distant and boxy. I put thin foams on it and it stays put while walking around but doesn't have the forwardness of no foams, which I like.

By comparison, I stick VE thin foams on it and they stay in place while walking and sound great. Nice deep bass with good extension. Very different then my UE. The UE has decent bass but its more loose and a bit sloppy in comparison.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #43,585 of 75,149
I have a problem with my ME80.
There is an imbalance between left and right which affects the quality of the sound (not just the volume).
The last time I used them, I noticed that if I covered the rear vent hole on the RH bud the sound changed, as you would expect. However, this change doesn't occur when I cover the LH vent.
I concluded that the LH vent was blocked in some way, but poking around with a needle hasn't changed it.
Does anyone know how to get inside the shell so I can take a look?

Has anybody opened up one of these yet?

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #43,587 of 75,149
I would just contact the seller about the problem.
I probably will, but I wouldn't bother with the hassle of sending it back. If they just sent me another one that would be ideal.

But I'd still rather fix the one I've got.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #43,588 of 75,149
I probably will, but I wouldn't bother with the hassle of sending it back. If they just sent me another one that would be ideal.

But I'd still rather fix the one I've got.

I think no one wants to open them and risk ruining them.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #43,589 of 75,149

Users who are viewing this thread

Back