Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 13, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #43,606 of 75,463
I prefer my RY4S Mmcx Plus to my MX500 MMCX. My500 seems a little bright and seemed to be a little bass light to me.

I really like the RY4S Plus.. iI have a balanced cable on them but have been using an SE adapter. Not actually tried them balanced yet.

I had the original RY4S quite some years back, but I can't actually recall how they sounded besides them being really good for their price. May I know how you would compare the Plus to the original? If memory serves me right the RY4S already have a good amount of bass. I'm back to using the Kube V1 because that bass and sound presentation is just so addictive. I was hoping to get something in the tune of the Kube V1 but with MMCX, since they are really fragile.

Jul 13, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #43,607 of 75,463
I had the original RY4S quite some years back, but I can't actually recall how they sounded besides them being really good for their price. May I know how you would compare the Plus to the original? If memory serves me right the RY4S already have a good amount of bass. I'm back to using the Kube V1 because that bass and sound presentation is just so addictive. I was hoping to get something in the tune of the Kube V1 but with MMCX, since they are really fragile.

Just do it. I don't think you will be disappointed. Isn't it just a few dollars? Get the Plus version.

Jul 13, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #43,609 of 75,463
The RY4S MMCX Plus certainly has more bass than the EMX500 MMCX, Closer to the Willsound MK2
RY4S MMCX 300 ohm = GM500 driver
RY4S driver = RY4S MMCX Normal version driver
RY4S HI version driver = RY4S Plus version driver
Think I'll go with the Plus as per your suggestion. But I'll have to take some time to think of which cable to get and preferably from the same store so both items arrive at the same time.

But, RY4S driver(= RY4S MMCX Normal version driver) has more bass than RY4S HI version driver(= RY4S MMCX Plus version driver).
Therefor, RY4S MMCX Normal has more bass than RY4S MMCX Plus, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #43,610 of 75,463
But, RY4S driver(= RY4S MMCX Normal version driver) has more bass than RY4S HI version driver(= RY4S MMCX Plus version driver).
Therefor, RY4S MMCX Normal has more bass than RY4S MMCX Plus, doesn't it?

That's interesting... I have not heard the Plus which I think is not available back then...

Update: Seller said Plus is an improved version that sounds better. Didn't elaborate on sound signature difference though... :D

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #43,614 of 75,463
VE Monk Lite vs Hisoundaudio HSA-E351....which would sound better for a clearer more forward sound?

They both use the same shell which is why I'm asking though the Hisoundaudio costs twice as much.

I just received the Hisoundaudio HSA-E351 earlier this week. Very comfortable and sounds great to me.

I am not good at describing differences. Maybe @HungryPanda will help. I have the Monk Lite.

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #43,615 of 75,463
VE Monk Lite vs Hisoundaudio HSA-E351....which would sound better for a clearer more forward sound?

They both use the same shell which is why I'm asking though the Hisoundaudio costs twice as much.
I have just listened to both of these earbuds and have to say I prefer the Hisoundaudio HSA-E351 more than the Monk Lite. It is also easier to drive

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #43,617 of 75,463
I have them. Great sounding. Balanced with a slight sub-bass kick.

I've worn them for 8+ hours straight. I have fairly small ears, a zsn doesn't fit comfortably for me. If a standard mx500 style earbud fits you, these will too. And they are over ear, so will stay much better too.
Thanks! I'm gonna search for some reviews on this set. Now that I've got 3 different sets of iems, I'm curious to add a set of really comfy, great sounding buds to my growing collection.

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #43,618 of 75,463
doing some custom buds prototype
1E85E85D-9F10-4FBB-AE6D-DED5C89BC723.jpeg

Jul 14, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #43,619 of 75,463
I have just listened to both of these earbuds and have to say I prefer the Hisoundaudio HSA-E351 more than the Monk Lite. It is also easier to drive

How about the monk lite 120 (if you've heard it)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back