Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 11, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #43,561 of 75,370
Hi guys
I have an edifier 180. Its pretty good. But I feel like I can easily upgrade. My budget is about 30$ and I prefer to use AliExpress. Any good earbuds for less than $30? My usage is general so playing games, watching sports, listening to OST from games. And I think one with a detachable cable is better for me since i feel like I keep breaking the cables for my edifiers and I prefer an earbud with either detachable cables so I can replace them or one with very sturdy cables that would last for awhile. Also no in ear, flat head only.
Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #43,562 of 75,370
how does ANN100 compare to Superfire?

I really like the Superfire but I got a lemon unit with loose cable and audio cutting off on me whenever I am moving around.

I will never buy a Zeva again. When I bought it the warranty didn't say I need to keep everything in order to claim. Now the brand owner says different thing. Haihz
The first thing that you notice is soundstage. The soundstage from the ANN100 is huge compared with Superfire. Superfire is more flat while ANN100 brings to you a lot of details... Superfire is about intimate sound. SuperFire is a solid earbud, but I love earbuds with big soundstage. I will get one ANN100 more to have one spare (self explanatory).

About the build quality, my Superfire came with left cord longer (5~8mm) than right. This is not a problem for me.

The seller says that ANN100 don't have a lot bass, but for me it's really enough. Resuming, the best thing in it are soundstage and mids. Highs are bit high, but nothing too high :p. I personally prefer it over the ANN200.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #43,563 of 75,370
The first thing that you notice is soundstage. The soundstage from the ANN100 is huge compared with Superfire. Superfire is more flat while ANN100 brings to you a lot of details... Superfire is about intimate sound. SuperFire is a solid earbud, but I love earbuds with big soundstage. I will get one ANN100 more to have one spare (self explanatory).

About the build quality, my Superfire came with left cord longer (5~8mm) than right. This is not a problem for me.
Lol, I decided to buy 2. Just 2 left. Hurry up!

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #43,564 of 75,370

and mine came with the right cord longer lol.

im now inclined to get the ann100. so everything is similar to superfire but with a wider soundstage?

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #43,565 of 75,370
New batch arrived:
Could you compare bde to superfire ? and where did you buy bde from ?
T02m7Lq.jpg

FAAEAL FAREAL Original Batch, ANN100, Zeva SuperFire (awesome mids)

Extra: KSC75 (Part Express Headband + Yaxi Pads), Porta Pro (Yaxi Pads).

Also I got my second BDE (spare). Everything awesome. ANN100 and Zeva are a must have!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #43,567 of 75,370
and mine came with the right cord longer lol.

im now inclined to get the ann100. so everything is similar to superfire but with a wider soundstage?
Yes and no. The signature is similar, but for my taste, ANN100 is better than Superfire. Soundstage is really important to me and mids, highs (less than mids) in ANN100 are forward. ANN100 is all about details and vocals... but with sufficient bass.

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #43,568 of 75,370
BDE is more balanced than ANN100. It has less soundstage than ANN100, but you can listen to BDE for hours. BDE has more bass than ANN100 and the bass is not just about the mid bass. Sub bass is present and well controlled. I believe that BDE is not available anymore (I believe that I got the last 2 units). It's unbelievable that BDE is one "old" earbud.

BDE position im my list:

ZoomFred >> K600 >= BDE.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I bought it from ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/jultoptau?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #43,569 of 75,370
I just had a somewhat unsettling problem with my Smabat. The left driver suddenly lost have its sound and almost all the bass while mid song. I tried different sources and had the same issue. In the end, I pushed down on the mmcx, and rotated it a bit. Nothing seemed to change but it's back to normal now.

Should I be worried?
I had Tenmak pro IEMs with rotating MMCXs before for a long time and they never did that...

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #43,570 of 75,370
I just had a somewhat unsettling problem with my Smabat. The left driver suddenly lost have its sound and almost all the bass while mid song. I tried different sources and had the same issue. In the end, I pushed down on the mmcx, and rotated it a bit. Nothing seemed to change but it's back to normal now.

Should I be worried?
I had Tenmak pro IEMs with rotating MMCXs before for a long time and they never did that...

Maybe you have one from the first batch which had an issue with the mmcx? You should be able to get a replacement if you can take a closeup photo of the connector and jack. The replacement ones look different.

People have posted photos in here of the difference.

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #43,571 of 75,370
Maybe you have one from the first batch which had an issue with the mmcx? You should be able to get a replacement if you can take a closeup photo of the connector and jack. The replacement ones look different.

People have posted photos in here of the difference.

From the picture I took, it seemed to be the revised edition MMCX. It did it again :frowning2:
I still have my 30 Amazon days to test it out. Just a shame as I am really enjoying the sound, but I am not sure I trust durability for the price.
I am hoping it is just a fluke, otherwise I will have to look into pulling the money off amazon to get another bud.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #43,572 of 75,370
From the picture I took, it seemed to be the revised edition MMCX. It did it again :frowning2:
I still have my 30 Amazon days to test it out. Just a shame as I am really enjoying the sound, but I am not sure I trust durability for the price.
I am hoping it is just a fluke, otherwise I will have to look into pulling the money off amazon to get another bud.
Perhaps it's the cable at fault. Can you try a different one? Or reverse the one you have?

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #43,574 of 75,370
New batch arrived:

T02m7Lq.jpg

FAAEAL FAREAL Original Batch, ANN100, Zeva SuperFire (awesome mids)

Extra: KSC75 (Part Express Headband + Yaxi Pads), Porta Pro (Yaxi Pads).

Also I got my second BDE (spare). Everything awesome. ANN100 and Zeva are a must have!

just had a look back to your photo. zeva did recommend to use donut foams on the superfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back