1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Marcos Fontana
    Lol, I decided to buy 2. Just 2 left. Hurry up!

theoutsider likes this.
  2. cyh03176
    and mine came with the right cord longer lol.

im now inclined to get the ann100. so everything is similar to superfire but with a wider soundstage?

3. sareer007
    Could you compare bde to superfire ? and where did you buy bde from ?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  4. sareer007
    Deleted

5. Marcos Fontana
    Yes and no. The signature is similar, but for my taste, ANN100 is better than Superfire. Soundstage is really important to me and mids, highs (less than mids) in ANN100 are forward. ANN100 is all about details and vocals... but with sufficient bass.

ValSilva, mbwilson111 and cyh03176 like this.
  6. Marcos Fontana
    BDE is more balanced than ANN100. It has less soundstage than ANN100, but you can listen to BDE for hours. BDE has more bass than ANN100 and the bass is not just about the mid bass. Sub bass is present and well controlled. I believe that BDE is not available anymore (I believe that I got the last 2 units). It's unbelievable that BDE is one "old" earbud.

BDE position im my list:

ZoomFred >> K600 >= BDE.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I bought it from ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/jultoptau?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

7. RobinFood
    I just had a somewhat unsettling problem with my Smabat. The left driver suddenly lost have its sound and almost all the bass while mid song. I tried different sources and had the same issue. In the end, I pushed down on the mmcx, and rotated it a bit. Nothing seemed to change but it's back to normal now.

Should I be worried?
    I had Tenmak pro IEMs with rotating MMCXs before for a long time and they never did that...

8. mbwilson111
    Maybe you have one from the first batch which had an issue with the mmcx? You should be able to get a replacement if you can take a closeup photo of the connector and jack. The replacement ones look different.

People have posted photos in here of the difference.

9. RobinFood
    From the picture I took, it seemed to be the revised edition MMCX. It did it again :frowning2:
    I still have my 30 Amazon days to test it out. Just a shame as I am really enjoying the sound, but I am not sure I trust durability for the price.
    I am hoping it is just a fluke, otherwise I will have to look into pulling the money off amazon to get another bud.

10. Willber
    Perhaps it's the cable at fault. Can you try a different one? Or reverse the one you have?

11. assassin10000
    Try a different cable? Could be a bad wire inside it making intermittent contact.

Edit: @Willber beat me to it.

12. cyh03176
    just had a look back to your photo. zeva did recommend to use donut foams on the superfire.

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  13. Marcos Fontana
    I didn't know. I will try and inform you.

14. RobinFood
    Well I switched mmcx cables for the one I had on my Tennmak pro. It turned completely green from the 2 years or so it was in storage...
    The cable itself goes down a lot more than the stock cable from the ST-10. Where the stock cable was floating 1-1.5 mm, the Tennmak cable is touching on the right and floating .5 to 1mm on the left...
    I listened for a few hours today and no cuts. I felt like the cable made the bass heavier the first time I switched but made some of the imaging less good, but I am pretty sure it is from the green placebo. After a break and listening they sounded great again.

They definitely feel like a step up from the MK2. Details are about the same, but the MK2 brings everything up front really close and it hurts the imaging.
    Playing Overwatch with it too, the soundstage and imaging is PERFECT. Everything is exactly as far away as it seems it is. I can even hear if the sound is coming from behind me. I've never been able to hear that from another earbud/IEM/headphone that I own. Listening to Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing" every percussion seems to come in at a different height. Amazing! This is something I have almost never heard this clearly. Maybe only on the ATH-CM2000Ti.

Even if I have to switch it if it cuts up again, I will get another st-10. It's amazing!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    chellity likes this.
  15. kurtextrem
    The NiceHCK ME80 has slightly better bass than the Liebesleid, at least I think so. It slightly over-emphasizes bass over vocals though, but people that like bass might prefer that. Apart from that I can't really hear much difference. Even the cable is almost even lol.
    Only big difference is: Liebesleid has a metallic shell, ME80 plastic. Shell size is almost the same I'd say, but Liebesleid has a slightly better fit (with a plastic ring + full foam)

Edit: Vocals (male ones at least) are way better on Liebesleid. ME80 sounds a bit more "airy", which I also like.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019