Earbuds Round-Up
May 25, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #42,241 of 75,149
To me, there is not an earbud that I’ve tried that competes with the iem ****. Form factor is the decision to go with an earbud or if you need to be cognizant of your surroundings. Not to say that earbuds don’t sound great (because they can), but you’d have to go to the top tiers to get something as satisfying (for me) as the ****. Mind you, **** is an anomaly considering it’s price. A real winner for the price.

Will definitely give it a shot if you're saying it's that good, but I've seen people on reddit saying it's just overhyped and not that good sounding, someone even crushed it and said it's crap, I was gonna buy but then I stopped when I read all that, then the X6 also came so thought to wait for the reviews.

May 25, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #42,242 of 75,149
Mine is more mid focused. Nice vocals.

I think you might like the Moondrop Shiro-Yuki. I bought mine from the Indonesian seller that many of us have bought from but I think his are sold. I saw another seller on there. There may be other shops.

Found one and only one on Ali, and they look flawless, haven't heard anything about them before, how is it compared to the recent praised SR2.

May 25, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #42,243 of 75,149
Will definitely give it a shot if you're saying it's that good, but I've seen people on reddit saying it's just overhyped and not that good sounding, someone even crushed it and said it's crap, I was gonna buy but then I stopped when I read all that, then the X6 also came so thought to wait for the reviews.

My husband has the D6 but I have not bothered to try it. I have a few others that have the piezo driver that I like alraady. I just received the X6 a few days ago. My husband had ordered it for himself but could not get a proper fit so now it is mine. I really like it but there are others who do not. I think when the opinions differ so widely that it could be down to fit issues. I had to use Auvio tips on mine and not everyone has access to those.

More and more I am enjoying buds more than iems. I am tired of dealing with the tips... earbuds are just easier and I like not being so isolated. I prefer to know what is going on around me. Also, I have found a few buds that sound more like headphones to me. Not sure I would say the same about iems.

May 25, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #42,244 of 75,149
Found one and only one on Ali, and they look flawless, haven't heard anything about them before, how is it compared to the recent praised SR2.

I am not good at answering questions like that. For the price you could get them both and tell us the answer:)

May 25, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #42,245 of 75,149
My husband has the D6 but I have not bothered to try it. I have a few others that have the piezo driver that I like alraady. I just received the X6 a few days ago. My husband had ordered it for himself but could not get a proper fit so now it is mine. I really like it but there are others who do not. I think when the opinions differ so widely that it could be down to fit issues. I had to use Auvio tips on mine and not everyone has access to those.

More and more I am enjoying buds more than iems. I am tired of dealing with the tips... earbuds are just easier and I like not being so isolated. I prefer to know what is going on around me. Also, I have found a few buds that sound more like headphones to me. Not sure I would say the same about iems.

Yes I read your feedback about X6 and that's what made me consider it in the first place, TRN says it's flat tuned, I'm waiting for Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews to review it as he did unboxing and all, why don't you give **** a listen and share your thoughts about it.

May 25, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #42,247 of 75,149
Yes I read your feedback about X6 and that's what made me consider it in the first place, TRN says it's flat tuned, I'm waiting for Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews to review it as he did unboxing and all, why don't you give **** a listen and share your thoughts about it.

Take a look at my list and you will see why I don't feel like bothering to try it. I would have to remove the tips that he is using and then maybe try four or five different ones and end up with sore ears in the process. I only do that with ones of his that I am hoping he will give to me.:)

May 25, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #42,248 of 75,149
I think I'll just get these two earbuds and **** itself all will be around 50$ and I'll get enough time to play with these till I save more for later buys.

Getting new toys is fun:}

May 25, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #42,249 of 75,149
Take a look at my list and you will see why I don't feel like bothering to try it. I would have to remove the tips that he is using and then maybe try four or five different ones and end up with sore ears in the process. I only do that with ones of his that I am hoping he will give to me.:)

And then there is my friend and every other people I know who basically can listen (actually blast to the point where I start to wonder how are their eardrums still intact) to anyone elses used IEM without even wiping the tips, guess Indians are immune, hahaha.

May 25, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #42,251 of 75,149
And then there is my friend and every other people I know who basically can listen (actually blast to the point where I start to wonder how are their eardrums still intact) to anyone elses used IEM without even wiping the tips, guess Indians are immune, hahaha.

The main reason I can't use his tips is because he uses large and I use medium. I worry about people who are listening too loud, whether it be at a concert or from turning up the volume with iems or buds... or headphones.. or speakers. You want to still have your hearing when you are old like me:)

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #42,252 of 75,149
EB2>PT15>RY4S,

I like the EB2 most because that sounds most balanced earbud that I have, then PT15 and lastly the RY4S not that I don't like it but I like the others more.
If you like the EB2 then I recommend the SR2 16Ω. It has a fairly neutral signature with great clarity and a natural warmth. The soundstage is wider and deeper than the EB2. The imaging and layering are superb with a real sense of space while retaining a sense of intimacy, and for vocals and acoustic music they are perfect for me. Don't be fooled by the cheap price - I have many phones that are more expensive but nowhere near as good.

May 25, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #42,253 of 75,149
If you like the EB2 then I recommend the SR2 16Ω. It has a fairly neutral signature with great clarity and a natural warmth. The soundstage is wider and deeper than the EB2. The imaging and layering are superb with a real sense of space while retaining a sense of intimacy, and for vocals and acoustic music they are perfect for me. Don't be fooled by the cheap price - I have many phones that are more expensive but nowhere near as good.

It's on my cart already, the cable looks cheap, which cable is better?

May 25, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #42,254 of 75,149
It's on my cart already, the cable looks cheap, which cable is better?
I chose the red one. It is thin but good quality, flexible and tangle-free.

May 25, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #42,255 of 75,149
Hello, here I leave you my review of the precious and brilliant Ourart ACG. The treblemen are in congratulations.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ourart-acg.23536/reviews#review-22119

On the other hand, I received the other day the SR2 16 Ohms with red wire, but I don't see that its sound is for throwing rockets.
I see that it suffers from the same as many earbuds with PK capsules.

SR2 New.png

SR2 !6 Ohms vs ISN Rambo.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back