Earbuds Round-Up
May 25, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #42,256 of 75,317
It's on my cart already, the cable looks cheap, which cable is better?
BTW, if you're filling an AE cart and have some spare change then get these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Brand-Go-pro-Accessories-Projector-Monopod-Croons-Tingo-Tg-38s-Earbud-Earphones-Pk-Mx985-A8/32687542028.html

It will save you buying the Kube, RW9, Sabia and Snow Lotus because these are better IMO and ridiculously good for the price. They are great all-rounders and are in my top three favourites.

May 25, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #42,257 of 75,317
BTW, if you're filling an AE cart and have some spare change then get these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Brand-Go-pro-Accessories-Projector-Monopod-Croons-Tingo-Tg-38s-Earbud-Earphones-Pk-Mx985-A8/32687542028.html

It will save you buying the Kube, RW9, Sabia and Snow Lotus because these are better IMO and ridiculously good for the price. They are great all-rounders and are in my top three favourites.

Those Fengru Silver? I infact was checking if I could buy these too but the problem is that they are charging too much for delivery, more than what the earbud costs itself.

May 25, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #42,258 of 75,317
Those Fengru Silver? I infact was checking if I could buy these too but the problem is that they are charging too much for delivery, more than what the earbud costs itself.
Yes, they are the Fengru Silver under a different name (I have both). I don't know where you are but they are free delivery to the UK.

May 25, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #42,259 of 75,317

That's a shame...I see it is free shipping to the UK. My husband has those and I remember him saying how good they are... but he also has the Kube, and the Sabia and the Snow Lotus... I don't know if he would say they are better or not. We all hear things differently anyway. He is away working this weekend but he might pop in here and say something. I doubt he has them all at work with him though. I never listened to the Silver. There are way too many buds and iems in this house. I hope we are not starting you down a similar path...

May 25, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #42,260 of 75,317
That's a shame...I see it is free shipping to the UK. My husband has those and I remember him saying how good they are... but he also has the Kube, and the Sabia and the Snow Lotus... I don't know if he would say they are better or not. We all hear things differently anyway. He is away working this weekend but he might pop in here and say something. I doubt he has them all at work with him though. I never listened to the Silver. There are way too many buds and iems in this house. I hope we are not starting you down a similar path...
I think your hubby got the more expensive Silvers that I first got. I then found the new ones that looked the same for $4.99. We agreed that they were likely to be the same and we were both right!

May 25, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #42,261 of 75,317
@Willber

From India and most sellers have free delivery except Fengru earbuds, NiceHCK and VE Clan.

@mbwilson111

And it's ones own decision on what to buy and what not to buy and personal opinions if it's a waste of money or not, for me it's like my hobby I don't really listen to music that often but when I do I enjoy a lot and just by looking at audio gears I feel happy, it's something that I like to collect, I don't earn and all right now so basically whatever money I save I like to gift myself audio gears.

May 25, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #42,263 of 75,317
How does the fengru silver compare to diy sr2 in terms of staging, seperation and imaging ?
Btw I have diy sr2 and I like it a lot
The Silver has a slightly wider soundstage and a 'bigger' sound while the SR2 has greater depth and air. SR2 has better separation and imaging, but not by a huge amount. I would say they overlap each other by about 90% in most areas. Both are great.

May 25, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #42,265 of 75,317
What about the vocals ? The only thing I find somewhat lacking in sr2 is vocal clarity. Everything else is almost perfect for music and even better for movies and stuff like that.
I think the SR2 is excellent for vocals. The Silver has similar tonality but they are less forward. It is a bit more v-shaped.
Having said that, I use EQ to accentuate the mids on all my buds.

BTW, on the original store where I got them for $7.88 they are now $4.50:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FENGRU-DIY-Tingo-TC200-Earbud-Earphone-HiFi-Noise-Cancelling-EarBuds-Flat-Head-earphone-Pk-Mx985-Hifi/32976559582.html

Crazy!

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #42,266 of 75,317
To me, there is not an earbud that I’ve tried that competes with the iem ****. Form factor is the decision to go with an earbud or if you need to be cognizant of your surroundings. Not to say that earbuds don’t sound great (because they can), but you’d have to go to the top tiers to get something as satisfying (for me) as the ****. Mind you, **** is an anomaly considering it’s price. A real winner for the price.

Your hype is strong. Although I don't really do IEMs anymore, they are 50% off or $18US which is within spontaneous purchase zone, and all of the reviews there seem very positive. My problem is that it seems that any cheap IEM I get, I invariably don't like. Maybe these ones are different...

Will definitely give it a shot if you're saying it's that good, but I've seen people on reddit saying it's just overhyped and not that good sounding, someone even crushed it and said it's crap, I was gonna buy but then I stopped when I read all that, then the X6 also came so thought to wait for the reviews.

Hype crusher lol! :)

Take a look at my list and you will see why I don't feel like bothering to try it. I would have to remove the tips that he is using and then maybe try four or five different ones and end up with sore ears in the process. I only do that with ones of his that I am hoping he will give to me.:)

The world is counting on you!

May 25, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #42,267 of 75,317
Will definitely give it a shot if you're saying it's that good, but I've seen people on reddit saying it's just overhyped and not that good sounding, someone even crushed it and said it's crap, I was gonna buy but then I stopped when I read all that, then the X6 also came so thought to wait for the reviews.
**** is better than TRN X6, i have both

May 25, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #42,268 of 75,317
IEM alert! :unamused:

May 26, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #42,269 of 75,317
Black vido is SICK!

I commissioned Keme Wong to make me a pair of MMCX Vido earbuds. The second set is uses clear housings with Vido drivers in it, for a different look.

Also, pictured is the custom DIY Cable Keme Makes.

Red Phoenix MMCX Cable:
- Hand Woven Copper Litz Cable
- Enameled Copper Strands
- MPS 3.5mm Jack
- Premium Silver Solder

The result of the modded Vido and the custom cable basically is like a regular Vido, but on steroids. Everything is just amplified and clean up throughout the whole range. I could not be happier.

For me, I was lucky to find someone who could do this in the USA. I would love to do it myself, but I do not have the time and more importantly the skills to pull this off.

A few photos I took:

P1100375.jpg

P1100376.jpg

P1100381.jpg

P1100382.jpg

P1100377.jpg

--

May 26, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #42,270 of 75,317
Dear earbud friends, could you please recommend me an earbud close to the Rose Masya. I bought them a couple years ago and they are my only expensive earbud. I think the quality is excellent but my ears now find it hard to handle the high energy and forwardness of this earbud. I find myself limiting the volume because of this. The qualities I still find excellent are the soundstage of course, and the clarity, and great treble extension. I would like an alternate earbud that may keep those qualities, though with a more relaxed sound and same or slightly stronger low end. Surely, very few can match the soundstage, but I hope there will be no major gap in that area. Anything 100 USD or below I will be happy to look at. Oh and it would be great to see earbuds with detachable cable options if possible. Thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back