1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. waynes world
    Yes, nice photo. Very nice budkeh!

chellity likes this.
  2. HungryPanda
    I only wrote a short sentence and added a photograph so the first post is certainly not mine

waynes world likes this.
  3. davakhrs
    Hey, I'm looking for earbuds under 14$ with good detail, soundstage, and separation. Got any recommendations? Thanks

4. Willber
  5. ClieOS Contributor
    Now I heard what all the fuss is all about.

DSC_0191.jpg

6. nick n
    ^ Donut foams sound better :)

7. mbwilson111
    At least remove the funky colored foams that the ANN arrived with! I changed mine to a normal grey on my copper cabled pair and black on my black cabled pair:)

ANN N-200
    R0014705.JPG

I normally cannot use donuts as they never stay in place for me but I have finally been forced to with the Dunu Alpha 1. @HungryPanda and I each bought a pair when someone mentioned them recently. We had to... they were £29 on Amazon UK. There were only three available. I wonder who bought the third one that night... or maybe it was the next day, but it was gone. They were sold by Hifiheadphones which is a good UK audio company fulfilled by Amazon. There is one now for that price but it is a newly launched seller with no feedback.

Neither of us was able to use any of the wings and rings. Just donuts. I need to figure out where to cut an opening in a full foam so I can have it stay on more securely. I have to try to maneuver the donut back into place each time I wear it. They are borderline too big for my ears. But.... the SOUND!

In this photo you can see how one of the donuts has shifted... and this is AFTER I have tried to fix it.

Dunu Alpha 1
    R0014710.JPG

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  8. Willber
    That was me.
    What do you think?

9. theresanarc
    Are those SR 2 16ohm's with the straight jack okay to buy or is it just the curved jack which is good? I was looking for a bargain earbud to try in a PK shell so they seem like a good fit.

10. Willber
    I doubt the shape of the plug will make a difference to the sound. FWIW I have the straight plug with red cable and they are great.

Jsingh4 likes this.
  11. Jsingh4
    I ordered mine with Red cable too.

12. mbwilson111
    I remember you saying that you had a strange pulsing sound on some tracks with your Dunu Alpha 1 but I have not heard that. Could you suggest a track for me to listen to so I can try to hear what you are talking about? I still am within the return window with these so I would like to know if there is a problem. They have been sounding great to me but I have not spent a lot of time with them. I did burn them in for a few days though.

Too many others to listen to like the Indonesian buds that arrived the other day. Really liking the Moondrop Shiro-Yuki... can listen for hours.

nick n, HungryPanda and waynes world like this.
  13. Willber
    Ah, when you wrote "But.... the SOUND!" I assumed there was something specific (good or bad) that you thought about them.

I'll try to identify a track that causes mine problems.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  14. mbwilson111
    I meant AWESOME!

HungryPanda and Willber like this.
  15. Willber
    Good! For many tracks I feel the same.