1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. doggiemom
    I was legit confused as I’ve been out of the iem market for a while, but for buds i would reply semi-competently.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  2. ShabtabQ
    I have ordered a RY4S which is on it's way.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  3. redkingjoe
    1673BFEF-A621-44F3-A731-5B7FB9D7830E.jpeg

The Shozy BK is really something! Nice sound!

mochill, DBaldock9, groucho69 and 4 others like this.
  4. fairx
    My 11.11 tin audio t2 arrived today. It will replace my ailing e80 / xe800 . Very good sound for the price I got 27usd.

But nowhere near the value / SQ of many earbuds I own. Guess I'm a full fledge earbud guy now. Only RHA seems to sways me recently lol.

Well iem is for isolation anyway. For commute and occasional flight time.

5. ShabtabQ
    That player wowww

redkingjoe likes this.
  6. golov17
    390 usd
    [​IMG]

7. snip3r77
    Just received the ry4s with UE . Pretty happy with this.

Hmm now I’m thinking of the vanilla ry4s if the sub bass is vido level lol.

BadReligionPunk and HungryPanda like this.
  8. Snowball0906
    May I know which earbud do you guys recommend that have sweet vocal and warm sounding? Sweet vocal as in when I listen to it, there’s a sweet taste generated in my mouth.. (not sure if you guys have been through it) I’m using Fiio Q1 mk2

9. fairx
    What song do you recommend? I will try to make few assessment

Snowball0906 likes this.
  10. seanc6441
    Any earbud plus a sugar cube should work!

Kidding, maybe consider the new rose Masya pro? The original masya had very sweet forward vocals and a warmish bass with thick foams.

I think the higher the output impendance of the source the warmer it sounds. So you need a good source pairing for it to take on the tonality you desire. Low OI will make it leaner and colder.

Snowball0906 likes this.
  11. Snowball0906
    Any songs by Aimer and One Ok Rock :D Thank you in advance!

12. Snowball0906
    Tried with sugar cube! haha. Okok. I'll look into it hehe. I have the AR-M2 to drive the buds as well. Do u think it will be sufficient?

13. jogawag
    I recommend Boarseman MX98S which is sweet, but still balanced. It sounds a bit like Blox TM9.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  14. seanc6441
    Just looked it up and it has 10 ohm OI which is very high for a dap. That will definitely make the masya take on a warmer tonality. My iphone 6s was 4.7ohm out and my lg v30 is around 1 ohm out. Even that 3.7 ohm difference made a noticeable change. Bass is fuller on the 6s, which in turn balances the whole spectrum much more. On the v30 is was very lean, overly so.

So i think your source will bring out a lot of warmth in the low end of the masya which is what you want, paired with the forward 'eurphoric' vocal presentation (how i would describe it anyway haha) i think it will be a good choice!

15. mbwilson111
    I have the Boarseman MX98, not the S. Would you call it sweet as well? I has been ages since I listened to it. When I got it I was struggling with all the buds with that shell size (Monk+ etc). I have no problem with that shell now and should revisit my older buds. Maybe my ears have stretched? Or, maybe I have just finally learned how to position them...