1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. j4100
    Probably cost way most than the Monks.

I feel I need to get some help about my earbud addiction. It's not bad enough that I bought a load of 11.11 buds, but went back today to get the Hi-Z HP150 Mk2 I wanted. Whilst on Ali, decided to get an IEM for my grandson and came away with another pair of RY buds. The GM500 and the RY4S with silver UE cable. I'm doomed!

In other news, I'm really enjoying the Svara-L, though the fit isn't great for my left ear. I'll not be using these on the move anyway, so not a problem .

waynes world and HungryPanda like this.
  2. waynes world
    Hopefully you're able to get them seated well enough to hear all of their bass goodness. So far I have found donuts to work best for me. And although I enjoy wearing them over ears, they might work better for you wearing them down (with a different cable of course).

j4100 likes this.
  3. j4100
    I'll need to experiment. I was using them at work with the supplied cable. I bought a cable from Jim at NiceHCK with a 2.5mm termination that I'm going to use with them and my RA 2.0bl. I was wearing them over ear. Initially, I didn't have foams on them and they seemed to fit ok, so I'll dig out some thin ones and give it a try, and try wearing them down. Mind you, I left them at work, so not tonight then!

4. waynes world
    Tactical error lol! :wink:

chinmie, HungryPanda and j4100 like this.
  5. j4100
    I'm hopeless! I was thinking I would revisit them tomorrow, but I'm on a training course for the next three days, so that's right out the window :)

waynes world and HungryPanda like this.
  6. Zerohour88
    Anyone that has the EBX, have you guys ever tried using any sort of ear hooks/fins on them? I saw the Astrotec Lyra Collection having a similar shape and also comes with a pair of fins in the package, the fins should help the EBX fit a bit better like the Lyra?

was gonna order some ear fins from ali, but not sure on the shape or size that will fit the EBX nicely (the ones that came with TY Hi-Z kinda covered the rear ports and fins was a bit small)

7. PhonicSword
    Hey guys I've been trying to find a new portable audio device, and my current plan is to get a quality IEM and then get some open back headphones for use in my house down the line when I have more money. The problem is,there are too many IEMs and I'm a poor college student who doesn't have enough money to buy and try all of them so I'd really appreciate some help. I previously owned Audio Technica ATH-M50x, and I liked the sound of them but I just wanted the mids to come out more and the bass to be a tiny bit punchier. I think the signature is a mild V-shape but not sure since I am new to this.

I've tried to research on my own but it hasn't really helped, and I like to know what I am talking about before making a good purchase. Someone on reddit recommended the HiFi Boy OS V3 to me and it does look pretty appealing, but there isn't that much information comparing it to other IEMs in the same price range. I found some others that I'll list to see if anyone can recommend to me, but to be honest all of these (other than the HiFis) were taken off crinacle's IEM ranking list so I don't know if it's worth mentioning.
    • HiFi Boy OS V3
    • TFZ King Pro
    • VSONIC GR07 Bass Edition
    • Alpha & Delta D6
    • FiiO F9
    • Final Audio Design Heaven II
    • ADV Sound EVO X
    • FiiO F5
    • Kinera Idun
    • Massdrop x Nuforce EDC3
    • Zero Audio Carbo Tenore ZH-DH200-CT
    My price range is between $30-160, and I'm wondering if it's even worth spending that much on a IEM that i'm using for portability. It will probably be my daily driver until I get a pair of open back headphones, but most of the music I listen to is in my car anyway so I can deal with a decent, low quality IEM if it isn't worth it. I listen to many different genres, but my top ones (right now) are rap, pop, epic (video game music basically), and metal. Any advice helps, whether it's other IEMs that have a good price to performance or if I should just save up and get a better pair of open backs. Thanks in advance for the help!

8. Narayan23

groucho69 and mbwilson111 like this.
  9. PhonicSword
    Oh jeez that is embarrassing I didn't even realize. Thanks so much for the help!

Narayan23 likes this.
  10. mbwilson111
    Don't worry. When you figure out what iem you want, you can come back here and pick out a nice bud:) I enjoy both....and headphones!

PhonicSword and HungryPanda like this.
  11. waynes world
    No activity for the last 19 hours? This is a test to make sure that sean didn't get the thread locked or something :wink:

chellity, golov17, groucho69 and 3 others like this.
  12. FastAndClean
    we wait the 11.11 shipments

j4100 likes this.
  13. HungryPanda
    I'll make a couple more earbuds tomorrow. My V2's

groucho69 and j4100 like this.
  14. mbwilson111
    The cables are in the country?

15. HungryPanda
    Oh I don't know, I'll check