1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Zerohour88
    haha, the TO600 temps me too much after having the TO180 (though one side is having some crinkling issues, nothing a few blow/suck cycle wouldn't fix when it happens, but an issue nonetheless).

thanks for the link, I actually just read it after looking around for EBX reviews (since 11.11 is nearing). He even compared it with Rose Masya, which is nice.

They're basically toe-to-toe and picking one might come down to preference. Regardless of sound signature, I always want to make sure that I go up in terms of actual SQ.

NiceHCK EBX in the lead again for me, can't wait till 11.11 (the 2 sellers have similar pricing, maybe it'd be a good idea to spend the extra 3 bux and get it direct from NiceHCK store)

2. groucho69
    Now I changed my order to the 600.

Zerohour88, HungryPanda and seanc6441 like this.
  3. seanc6441
    Go for the EBX then? $87

Or get a willsound with upgrade cable $45-75.

Or save you cash and grab an emx500 with spc cable or RY4S UE cable and buy ali thin + hiegi donut foams for like $25. Because the former sound excellent to me and the latter have high praise too.

4. subwoof3r
    Any link to buy this specific version please ? :)

Unfortunately, my EMX500S just died 1 hour ago, they didn't survived to one of my DIY mod try tonight, lol
    Well, 1 driver was still working so I keep it just in case.
    Their subbass will miss me a lot :frowning2: damn..

KarmaPhala likes this.
  5. seanc6441
    Well if you're into diying why not buy the 10 pack of drivers and make some spares? The 10 pack costs only as much as one full unit...

Hot Selling 5 Pair DIY EMX500 earphone Speaker 15.4 mm speaker HiFi Bass Sound quality Speaker unit Earphone accessories
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/dseXnDQ
    And these sound great to my ears. Solid bass and very detailed mids and highs.

The clear version is wooeasy emx500 (clear shell spc cable one) for like $16.

I've heard a few reports stating that one has the best bass response. But i dont have it myself, only the diy emx500 drivers i bought.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    subwoof3r likes this.
  6. subwoof3r
    Thanks a lot, I will order that :)
    But EMX500 = EMX500S in term of soundsig ? wasn't the "S" version different ?

7. HungryPanda
    I just ordered some 15.4 and 14.8mm drivers as I just wrecked my left hand Vido speaker

seanc6441 and subwoof3r like this.
  8. DarkZenith
    Yes : bassier, fatter, juicier, meatier.

subwoof3r likes this.
  9. kw8910
    Samsara for under $90 using aliexpress coupons, EBX for under $65 or blind buy TO600 (and I do enjoy TO400 heavily amped) for under $55? Tough decisions...

Zerohour88 and subwoof3r like this.
  10. toear
    Where is ebx for $65? Not that I should be asking.... At all...

11. kw8910
    NiceHCK store, you'll have to use the aliexpress select coupons, coin exchange coupons ($10 off/1000 coin one), and (if available) store seller coupons to stack up. :)

chellity likes this.
  12. Zerohour88
    ah, so it won't work without having lots of coins then? I thought it was some special voucher, lol. EBX for 65 would be a bargain

13. BadReligionPunk
    Ordered at 6pm cat on Tue Oct 30. Got home today and had a package waiting for me from Oakland NJ. It was the audio technica earbuds.

That's insanely fast shipping. First impressions are good. Listened to some Jerry Reed, Bad Religion, Love Bites, Do As Infinity, Awolnation and Tech N9ne.
    They are ear pods and not ear buds. They are a rubbery grey housing, and they fit really nice.

Would like some more time with them to compare with apple ear pods and the ear pods that came with my phone.

Seems at first hearing they are balanced, with a slight tilt to warm.
    Gonna burn on and listen to them over the next few days. I think I like them though. There is nothing offensive about them. They seem to do well with everything.

jant71 likes this.
  14. kw8910
    yea..on top of that only 35 of the $10 coupons are released every hour, so it gets snapped up in less than a second as aliexpress users worldwide compete for it. Kind of ridiculous imo, but they do work if you're able to grab'em.

15. toear
    Ok thanks! I can't seem to figure how to use my coin exchange coupons...