1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. rkw
    To avoid hiss, you should be looking for higher (not lower) impedance.

An alternative is to use an attenuator like the iFi Ear Buddy: https://ifi-audio.com/products/ear-buddy/
    What is your source device?

2. chinmie
    usually using lower impedance will make the hiss more prominent. so if 32ohm bring you hiss, it's better to go up in impedance, or like @rkw suggest, try using IFI earbuddy

3. Ziggomatic
    Gotta throw in the Penon BS1 Official, though it's slightly over your budget at $109.

4. Danneq

Sorry, haven't heard Denon D7000, but I think that bass on SWD2+ is adequate, at least judging from the short time I've listened to them during burn in. This is some a somewhat treble sensitive person, and I would say that the brightness doesn't become overly sharp. It's not like the sort of "razor on my ear drums" like Rose Mojito. And it does feel more full sounding than Moondrop Liebesleid and with a bigger soundstage.

5. chinmie
    +1

the SWD2+ the instruments in the stereo field is more spread to let and right than liebesleid. room /space (perceived wall/room size from reverb and delay effects) are about the same

6. vetsin
    @HungryPanda and @DBaldock9, do you guys listen to the Toneking T0200 directly from the V30 or through an amp? My unit sounds a bit veiled when used with the LG V20. Will burn-in change the SQ or do I need an amp for this buds?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  7. groucho69
    So you're saying I have better drugs than you?

8. HungryPanda
    I use Toneking T200 both direct from my V30 my DX200 and desktop amp, sounds good on all

vetsin likes this.
  9. vetsin
    Ok. I'll just put this back for burn-in. Thanks

10. toear
    It maybe worth the extra few dollars during the 11.11 sale. This way you bypass a bunch of 'almost what I'm looking for s'. The Samsara is pretty awesome. Another slightly cheaper alternative is the K's 600. I got the Samsara over the k's600 but the I have heard/read they are very similar...

hongky likes this.
  11. Zerohour88
    same dilemma as me then, looking for buds on the $100 range but coming up with quite a few models

so far its EBX or Samsara for me, maybe TO600 (this one is just me being curious, no one has actually posted impressions of them). That said, TO600 is usd$72 here, so I don't need 11.11 if I want them.

most users have consistently put the K's earphone over TO series, so the Samsara is probably the best bet now. K's 500 is $75, EBX is $80, K's 600 is $88, K's 300 Samsara is $108. As I see it, only EBX is the odd one here due to not finding a proper comparison on it. @doggiemom did a helpful comparison on the K's model:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2371#post-14501676

hongky likes this.
  12. seanc6441
    I'm all for K's earbuds but I want someone to try the TO600 for research sake :p

Seriously though if it improves on the 400s in the bass control and impact it'll be a winner.

But seeing is the black ling seems to follow the samasara vein of tuning and I absolutely adore that earbud, i think the samasara would be awesome :)

The price on the 600 is really good though, possibly... Decisions decisions... For you not me haha

Zerohour88 likes this.
  13. exavolt
    Zerohour88 likes this.
  14. hongky
    Thanks, I'll think about it

15. hongky
    Thanks, this is really helpful