1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. theresanarc
    Alright how about 64 ohm then? Whatever is cheapest in a Yuin PK or Monk Lite shell (again just need this one for audio dialogue not music so not concerned with sound quality). I only see budget ones with the MX500 shell for 64 ohms.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. seanc6441
    Im only linking emx500, neither of those are the S version. I cannot be sure if the driver changed for the S version, or just the tuning.

Either way the original emx500 was the better received if the two. Never heard the S myself.

Edit: just realised you were looking for the S variant. Hmm. Don't have any links for that sorry!

subwoof3r likes this.
  3. BadReligionPunk
    Ok so I got the Audio Technica ATH-C200iS. Putting them thru their paces but had a quick question to some of you guys that have a lot more experience then me with Earbuds. Looking at the picture, would you consider these earbuds or earpods? Or maybe earpuds?
    71QTdiiP7qL._SL1500_.jpg

71gnw0CI0gL._SL1500_.jpg

Fabi, ValSilva and HungryPanda like this.
  4. waynes world
    "earpuds".. lol - good one!

5. mbwilson111
    Yes they are definitely earpuds.

6. seanc6441
    Anything that doesn't go into the ear canal is an earbud to me.

cathee likes this.
  7. jant71
    I would consider them a more closed/capped off type of Earbud. Earpods would have a forward opening aiming into the ear canal.

It looks like the silicone piece is a cap that may come off.

BadReligionPunk likes this.
  8. silverfishla
    So a banana is an earbud by your definition? I was going to use another example, but alas, too rude. :)

9. BadReligionPunk
    Made me stomach laugh...

silverfishla likes this.
  10. chinmie
    what's so rude about watermelon? :o2smile:

groucho69 and silverfishla like this.
  11. BadReligionPunk
    WOW! You nailed that. It in fact does come off but being late and being that I'm ready for bed I decided against getting into it messing around with it right now.

12. seanc6441
    Lol well I don't have much experience with that per say but I probably should have been a bit more specfic about what classifies as an earbud :p

silverfishla likes this.
  13. chinmie
    I'm curious, is there any true wireless bluetooth in earbud form? so far that i found are only iem form and of course the airpods form..i want no noise blocking like earbuds, but i want a more familiar mx500 or yuin type of surface touching my ears

14. hongky
    I'm leaning to EBX now
    Still very curious about TO600... I really like my toneking 9T & tomahawk

15. BadReligionPunk