Earbuds Round-Up
May 30, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #31,636 of 75,162
Miracle is more large soundstage and more number of depth layering, better detail retrieval. Detachable cable is a plus to alter and upgrade SQ too. To me, it is another leap level. While SWD2+ I have a feeling of vocal forward mid centric presentation with overall above average. YMMV.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #31,638 of 75,162
Thanks for all the replies guys. I just wanna add, I've had the emx500 but sold them due to how big the bass presentation was.

First off, thanks for all the replies guys. As seen on the quote, I believe my verbiage was wrong. Bass amount, not boomy, was what was in my head.

If this is true, then the MK3 might be best for me. In terms of clarity, details, and imaging, which of the 3 do you think has the most?

for detail it is better to get the MK2. MK3 is more relaxed and excel for long listening. if you want a detailed version that have the MK3 tonality, get the PK32

May 30, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #31,640 of 75,162
hey fellow headfiers i found some old pair of earbuds which came with transcend mp3 and these buds are wide as hell(17mm) in size and their is no foam on it
i was trying to get a good fit with these but they were too wide for ears
the fit i was able to get was loose and these buds kept falling off
tried a tighter fit and these caused physical pain to my ears
the loose fit resulted in major loss of bass
ordered a pack of 4 foams for less than 1$
lets see if these full foams help

May 30, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #31,641 of 75,162
I favour the MK2 rev2 my partner in crime prefers the MK1. Such is the way of human preference

May 30, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #31,642 of 75,162
From Wilson's stable, which one is actually the BEST?

the MKs have the same SQ with different tuning. so different best for different people. for me personally, i like the PK32 and MK2

May 30, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #31,643 of 75,162
I don’t find the Mk.1 to have boomy bass at all, in fact I find the Mk.2 has a slight mid-bass hump. The Mk.1 has a touch more sub-bass to my ears and ever so slightly rolled off treble.

You speak the truth about the MK2's slight mid-bass hump. It was more apparent right out of the box, but after some burn in, MK2's mid-bass and highs have really settled down into something I love. Very musical, full, fun sounding buds.

Having said that, your description of the MK1's are very intriguing. I'm pretty sure that I'd love them both. Darn this head-fi place!

for detail it is better to get the MK2. MK3 is more relaxed and excel for long listening. if you want a detailed version that have the MK3 tonality, get the PK32

And of course the PK3 sounds very interesting as well. Did I already say "Darn this head-fi place!"?

I favour the MK2 rev2 my partner in crime prefers the MK1. Such is the way of human preference

I wished I lived in the UK so that I could come over uninvited all of the time to listen to both of your gear (but, you'd probably have me arrested lol)

May 30, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #31,644 of 75,162
welcome.gif

May 30, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #31,645 of 75,162
Listening to the mk3 off the lg v20. Steaming Plastic Picnic on Tidal. Like Chinmie says, the tuning of the Mks (revision 2) is similar and it's about individual preferences. The mk1 has more subbass and slightly pulled back mids and an intimate soundstage (not congested or small in anyway ). The mk2 punches more cus of its elevated mids which makes it warmer and the highs extend higher - its a crisp and airy sound.

The mk3 is a surprise, it has excellent imaging and separation like the mk2 with a faster bass response as the midbass is more controlled. By controlled I don't mean that they don't have bass impact or lack bass, they just have the right warmth and sound balanced. The guitars are crunchy and nice, they seem to be able to play far out of my head with the synth effects panning effortlessly around my head. Like the mk2, I'm able to follow all the sounds. The trebel is very slightly pulled back than the mk2, but not in a way that it's dark.
To my ears all the willsounds have a very good timbre and tonality, they sound natural.
Also, the mk3 look sinister in all black. I believe with the Mk series, you can't go wrong with either the mk2 or mk3 if you're looking for an all rounder.

Coming to the pk32 its like a baby mk 2/3. The mids are full and upfront , intimate. But the bloody bass from the size of those shells is atrocious. It's nice bass, warm n defined. Very good balance. As much fun as it's bigger brothers. Would love to see a comparison with the shozs bk when Sean gets his.

If you like musicality and a natural but fun response, it's hard to go wrong with any of the willsound buds.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #31,646 of 75,162
Listening to the mk3 off the lg v20. Steaming Plastic Picnic on Tidal. Like Chinmie says, the tuning of the Mks (revision 2) is similar and it's about individual preferences. The mk1 has more subbass and slightly pulled back mids and an intimate soundstage (not congested or small in anyway ). The mk2 punches more cus of its elevated mids which makes it warmer and the highs extend higher - its a crisp and airy sound.

The mk3 is a surprise, it has excellent imaging and separation like the mk2 with a faster bass response as the midbass is more controlled. By controlled I don't mean that they don't have bass impact or lack bass, they just have the right warmth and sound balanced. The guitars are crunchy and nice, they seem to be able to play far out of my head with the synth effects panning effortlessly around my head. Like the mk2, I'm able to follow all the sounds. The trebel is very slightly pulled back than the mk2, but not in a way that it's dark.
To my ears all the willsounds have a very good timbre and tonality, they sound natural.
Also, the mk3 look sinister in all black. I believe with the Mk series, you can't go wrong with either the mk2 or mk3 if you're looking for an all rounder.

Coming to the pk32 its like a baby mk 2/3. The mids are full and upfront , intimate. But the bloody bass from the size of those shells is atrocious. It's nice bass, warm n defined. Very good balance. As much fun as it's bigger brothers. Would love to see a comparison with the shozs bk when Sean gets his.

If you like musicality and a natural but fun response, it's hard to go wrong with any of the willsound buds.

Great impressions. I might as well add the MK3 to my list. Did I say "Darn...

May 30, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #31,648 of 75,162
May 30, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #31,649 of 75,162
Not sure how many of you have ordered the FAAEAL Rosemary 150ohms. Mine came today and I have been listening to a couple of albums tonight and really enjoying them. Sounded equally imperssive with Leorard Cohen Old Ideas and Massive Attack Mezzanine. Could be a good all-rounder.

I am not ready to compare them to specific other buds. I just wanted to say they are worth considering.

Listening straight out of my Cayin N3 DAP.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...00-earbud-Heavy-bass-earbuds/32858195175.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back