Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 27, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #75,151 of 75,342
This is my EDC simple setup at work. Love the fact I stay aware of my surroundings while enjoying tunes.

1000013153.jpg

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #75,152 of 75,342
This is my EDC simple setup at work. Love the fact I stay aware of my surroundings while enjoying tunes.

1000013153.jpg
This is indeed a big draw for flathead earbuds for those that value being aware of their surroundings. This is pretty big in today's world of "noise cancelling" demand by the masses IMHO.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #75,153 of 75,342

1000013153.jpg
I personally use my Fiio FF3S because not only does it sound good, it also looks good. I actually got complimented twice lol.
IMG_20240427_155428.jpg
This is indeed a big draw for flathead earbuds for those that value being aware of their surroundings. This is pretty big in today's world of "noise cancelling" demand by the masses IMHO.
I remember back when I still had my Samsung Level In ANC (it's a wired IEM with active noise cancellation). It was pretty neat back then, but I always felt nauseous using ANC while walking, even with passive noise-canceling of IEMs. That's why I always prefer using earbuds for casual listening all around, specially when going on walks or doing light exercise.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #75,154 of 75,342
I personally use my Fiio FF3S because not only does it sound good, it also looks good. I actually got complimented twice lol.
IMG_20240427_155428.jpg

I remember back when I still had my Samsung Level In ANC (it's a wired IEM with active noise cancellation). It was pretty neat back then, but I always felt nauseous using ANC while walking, even with passive noise-canceling of IEMs. That's why I always prefer using earbuds for casual listening all around, specially when going on walks or doing light exercise.
I hear that. Don't get me wrong, the technology is pretty cool, and I used to have a set of Bose QC15 a long time ago (gave them to my wife a long time ago). I never felt the pressure that you (and a ton of other people) have felt, but never totally embraced the idea either.

Without that technology, something like the "live mode" in the Big Jambox (BT speaker) couldn't have been possible. In case you were unaware, it has two speakers in it, and when in Live Mode, it basically outputs "anti noise" from between the two speakers which makes each speaker sound so wide, you would think that certain noises are coming from 5'-20' away from each ear.

Having said that, it apparently never caught on with other devices because I haven't seen it since (though I could be wrong) Jawbone went out of business. That sucks though because it is truly a fantastic thing to hear IMHO.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #75,157 of 75,342
Little rituals are relaxing, untangling cables isn't!:wink:
How do I put away earphones without getting them tangled?

Place the end of the earphone between your middle and ring fingers and hold up only your index and little fingers.
Now simply wrap the earphone cord around the two fingers in a figure of eight.
Finally, wrap the other end around the middle of the cord three or four times to secure it.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #75,158 of 75,342
Little rituals are relaxing, untangling cables isn't!:wink:

I use a little magnetic clasp I bought from NiceHCK Aliexpress:

Clasp.jpg

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #75,160 of 75,342
I am surprised and jealous of people who carefully fold (and then unfold) the cable every time they use buds. I don't have that kind of patience.
I only do it (especially) for the non replaceable cables. When you wrap it up tight, over time the strands start breaking. Eventually the cable will need replacing. :)
Any more impressions on the revelstroke
Not for $450... :wink:

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #75,163 of 75,342
Smabat's new SL-10 dual diaphragm buds are in crowd funding status. They are only posted at Smabat's Chinese language website, not to their English site.

https://www.smabat.com/smabat2/products/55320201.html

1711090934228614.jpg
1711090936391949.jpg

🌈 首发特惠:抢先体验SL-10 —— 全球创新的真双动圈耳机! 🌈

🎉 早鸟优惠:限时¥248! 🎉 (原价¥300)

立刻行动,率先加入音质革命!SL-10耳机,以其创新的双动圈设计,定义了听觉的新境界。

精心制作的设计图揭示了我们追求卓越的热忱,而实际产品在精细生产过程中,可能会有轻微的优化调整。

我们衷心感谢您的信任与支持,是您让我们的梦想成为可能!

💡 抓住机会,享受前所未有的早鸟价格,未来零售价将恢复至¥300。
AI Translated said:
🌈 Special launch offer: Be the first to experience SL-10 - the world's innovative true dual dynamic headphones! 🌈

🎉 Early bird discount: **¥248 (USD $34.94) for a limited time! 🎉 (original price **¥300) (USD $42.27) **(Chinese Yuan, not Japanese Yen)

Act now and be the first to join the sound quality revolution! SL-10 headphones, with their innovative dual-dynamic design, define a new realm of hearing.

Carefully crafted design drawings reveal our passion for excellence, and actual products may undergo slight optimization adjustments during the fine production process.

We sincerely thank you for your trust and support, you make our dreams possible!

💡 Seize the opportunity and enjoy the unprecedented early bird price. The retail price will return to ¥300 in the future.
1711090932405637.jpg

1711090934228614.jpg

搭载了一个10mm高端动圈单元和一个14.2mm的低频动圈单元,后者采用了先进的碳纤维振膜技术。

这种同轴声学结构,结合了精密的分频器,确保了音质的纯净和丰富。

10mm的高端动圈单元为中高频段提供了清晰、细腻的音质,而14.2mm的低频动圈单元则确保了低频的深沉和力度。

碳纤维振膜的使用,不仅大幅度提升了音质的解析力和响应速度,

还赋予了耳机更好的耐用性和稳定性,让每一次听觉体验都变得格外震撼和动人
AI translated said:
It is equipped with a 10mm high-end dynamic unit and a 14.2mm low-frequency dynamic unit, the latter using advanced carbon fiber diaphragm technology.

This coaxial acoustic structure, combined with precision crossovers, ensures pure and rich sound quality.

The 10mm high-end dynamic unit provides clear and delicate sound quality for the mid- and high-frequency bands, while the 14.2mm low-frequency dynamic unit ensures the depth and power of the low frequency.

The use of carbon fiber diaphragms not only greatly improves the resolution and response speed of sound quality,

It also gives the headphones better durability and stability, making every listening experience particularly shocking and moving.
1711090936391949.jpg

首次采用了双迷宫声学结构设计,这一独特创新确保了14.2mm单元能够发挥出极其惊人的低音能量,带来前所未有的震撼听觉体验。

仅优化了声音的这种精巧的声学设计不流动路径,还显著提高了声音的纯净度和动态范围,尤其是在低频部分。

通过精心设计的双迷宫结构,耳机能够捕捉并放大每一个细微的低音细节

无论是深沉的贝斯还是节奏感强烈的电子音乐,都能以更加丰满和力量感的形式呈现给听众。
AI translated said:
For the first time, a double labyrinth acoustic structure design is adopted. This unique innovation ensures that the 14.2mm unit can exert extremely amazing bass energy, bringing an unprecedented shocking listening experience.

This exquisite acoustic design not only optimizes the flow path of sound, but also significantly improves the purity and dynamic range of sound, especially in the low frequency part.

Through a carefully designed double labyrinth structure, the headphones are able to capture and amplify every subtle bass detail

Whether it is deep bass or electronic music with strong rhythm, it can be presented to the audience in a more full and powerful form.
1711090937393263.jpg

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #75,164 of 75,342
The price is definitely making me hesitate quite a bit, is it the same for you.
No, not really. It isn't hesitation because of price per se'. It is that I will not pay that much for a DIY set of buds. :) It is VERY rarely that I will pay that much for company made earbuds, because at that price point and above, the companies are just making up a price that will compete with IEM pricing (which has also gotten out of hand). At that point, it has nothing to do with value or quality. I have some of the best DIY buds that can be made, and I KNOW how much they cost to make.

Having said all of that, I don't mind PAYING for a great set of DIY buds, but I will NOT pay what amounts to summit-fi pricing (in the earbuds world) for them, because make no mistake, you can get TOTL buds for (starting at) $100 or so.

Apologies for any negativity...
Peace - :v:
Smabat's new SL-10 dual diaphragm buds are in crowd funding status. They are only posted at Smabat's Chinese language website, not to their English site.

https://www.smabat.com/smabat2/products/55320201.html

1711090934228614.jpg
1711090936391949.jpg

🌈 首发特惠:抢先体验SL-10 —— 全球创新的真双动圈耳机! 🌈

🎉 Early bird discount: ¥248 for a limited time! (Original price ¥300).🎉

Act now and be the first to join the sound revolution!The SL-10 headphones define a new level of hearing with its innovative dual-dynamic design.

Carefully crafted design drawings reveal our passion for excellence, while the actual product may be slightly optimised during the delicate production process.

We sincerely thank you for your trust and support, it is you who make our dreams possible!

💡 Seize the opportunity to enjoy an unprecedented early bird price, with retail prices recovering to ¥300 in the future.

1711090932405637.jpg

1711090934228614.jpg

It is equipped with a 10mm high-end dynamic driver and a 14.2mm low-frequency dynamic driver, the latter using advanced carbon fiber diaphragm technology.

This coaxial acoustic structure, combined with a sophisticated crossover, ensures a pure and rich sound.

The 10mm high-end dynamic driver provides clear, detailed sound quality for the mid-high range, while the 14.2mm low-frequency dynamic driver ensures depth and power in the low frequencies.

The use of carbon fiber diaphragm not only greatly improves the resolution and response speed of sound quality.

It also gives the headphones better durability and stability, making every listening experience extra shocking and moving

1711090936391949.jpg

For the first time, a double labyrinth acoustic structure design is a unique innovation that ensures that the 14.2mm driver can unleash the incredible bass energy for an unprecedented listening experience.

This ingenious acoustic design, which optimizes only the flow path of the sound, significantly improves the purity and dynamic range of the sound, especially in the low frequency section.

With a well-designed dual-maze structure, the headphones are able to capture and amplify every subtle bass detail

Whether it's a deep bass or rhythmic electronic music, it can be presented to the listener in a more full-bodied and powerful form.

1711090937393263.jpg
Those look interesting, and having dual DD seems interesting as well. BUT... it still seems as though they are more focused on bass than anything else so I am not convinced that they have fixed the shouty tuning of any of their recent buds. I would be perfectly happy to be completely wrong here.

Also, if those cables are detachable, then they have become proprietary (it looks like), and that is different for Smabat. Even their cheapest sets have (mostly) always been removeable.

Overall, I think I like the look of them though (though not as elegant looking as most of their earlier works).

Because of their recent track record, I will not be participating in their crowd-funding myself. Will you be?

Good eye on fiding this... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back