Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 23, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #75,121 of 75,254
Well the last one is the one I've been using. First one has a suspiciously low subscriber count.
I got a great cable from first store, but it was called the "YGY HiFi Store" at that moment. And the cable model was Yguagnyu YG54, and now XINHS-08.
Screenshot_2024-04-23-13-01-38-62_3c841798971d89a92069939d312bec3c.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #75,122 of 75,254
@mt877 I received my cables today. I wanted to thank you again for the rec. If you remember, the goal was to replace the RW3000 cable with something similar or as close to that cable as possible, since you cannot order a replacement directly from Yincrow (I assume, because I didn't know who to contact in order to find out for sure). Two things of note here with these cables (so far):

1. While I have not measured either/both cable/cables, the Xinhs cable seems to sound better to my ears than the stock RW3000 cable does. I don't know if this is due to added resistance or the materials used in the stock cable comparatively, but there it is...

2. I think that this cable is of much better quality and is much softer than the stock cable. Aesthetically, it isn't quite the same, but I am finding I actually like it better. Also, the fact that you can (nowadays) get a modular cable of this quality for a decent price is a fantastic thing.
You're welcome! That cable is very nice. The modular plugs was one of the reasons for choosing that cable.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #75,123 of 75,254
Congrats! Pictures please :)

TGXEAR uses xinhs cables, and I use them on my IEMs as well. Excellent cable quality
Thanks very much. :)

Sure. Here ya' go (Note: Caelum not included):
20240423_092623.jpg

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #75,127 of 75,254
Have you noticed that there are several shops called XINHS that sell different cables?
I bought from the 2nd store. Maybe XINHS has several AE stores. I would have to look at all 3 stores to see if the same cables are offered in each store. LOL.

Ordered at set of these to see how Japanese tuning works...I like a treble set (og P1) and have never been brave enough to spend that much 💰on a set
of Final A8000’s so lets give ‘em a go...
Those are the Nobunaga Uguisu (aka Nightingale) in black. They come in 2 colors, I have the silver set.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #75,128 of 75,254
I bought from the 2nd store. Maybe XINHS has several AE stores. I would have to look at all 3 stores to see if the same cables are offered in each store. LOL.
That is the store that I ordered mine from as well. But... I wonder if there is a fourth store because I also ordered (though not with the new ones I have) an IEM cable from (what seems to be) a different store with a rating of 99.1%:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...t_main.16.1b091802k5pLUx&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #75,129 of 75,254
I'll just throw my cable source in there as well. I've got a couple of custom cables from Hakugei that I use for my Qudelix 5k. I like to hang the Qudelix on my collar, so I asked for a 65cm cable. This one is the Big Rice Litz with custom accessories. The feel and drape of it are just really nice. I prefer it to any of my other cables, and I bought a second one in 2-pin for my IEMs.

Hakugei is nice if you like bling in your cable (which I do). They have a lot of cables with really flashy colors and accessories.

PXL_20240316_053941132.MP.jpg

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #75,130 of 75,254
Well, I think I have arrived at my end game for desktop gear. I pulled the trigger on that analog EQ from Shiit. It is just as I thought (and remember) insomuch as using digital EQ sometimes just doesn't sound right afterwards where this "passive" EQ doesn't do that. With this, it doesn't make the total tonal sound "wrong" (not sure of how else to describe it). It JUST does what it is supposed to do, and very well at that.

This is hooked up after the DAC, and before the amp. This is fantastic because now I have the ability to EQ the output of the amp, line out of the amp, and wirelessly to any other place in my house.

To further explain that last one, most of my loudspeaker setups and my computer desk sound bar are NOT WiFi capable, so I will be getting (found, just waiting to gather more funds to pull the trigger) some wireless transmitter and recievers to bring my integrated amps and sound bar into the present. The point is that I can use this EQ on those as well. I guess I am tired of having to mess with digital EQ, but more I am getting tired of having to copy my profiles from one app to the next to have the same/similar profiles in all the different pieces of software I use.

BUT... the biggest reason is because with this, I can now subtract that nasty "ice pick" in some of my buds that the tubes in my amp can't overcome, and I can finally enjoy them without pain. hahahaha

I am pretty excited about this in case you couldn't tell?! :):
20240423_120247.jpg

20240423_120341.jpg

Edit: OH! And the darned thing has balanced in AND out as well...

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #75,131 of 75,254
Well, I think I have arrived at my end game for desktop gear. I pulled the trigger on that analog EQ from Shiit. It is just as I thought (and remember) insomuch as using digital EQ sometimes just doesn't sound right afterwards where this "passive" EQ doesn't do that. With this, it doesn't make the total tonal sound "wrong" (not sure of how else to describe it). It JUST does what it is supposed to do, and very well at that.

This is hooked up after the DAC, and before the amp. This is fantastic because now I have the ability to EQ the output of the amp, line out of the amp, and wirelessly to any other place in my house.

To further explain that last one, most of my loudspeaker setups and my computer desk sound bar are NOT WiFi capable, so I will be getting (found, just waiting to gather more funds to pull the trigger) some wireless transmitter and recievers to bring my integrated amps and sound bar into the present. The point is that I can use this EQ on those as well. I guess I am tired of having to mess with digital EQ, but more I am getting tired of having to copy my profiles from one app to the next to have the same/similar profiles in all the different pieces of software I use.

BUT... the biggest reason is because with this, I can now subtract that nasty "ice pick" in some of my buds that the tubes in my amp can't overcome, and I can finally enjoy them without pain. hahahaha

I am pretty excited about this in case you couldn't tell?! :):
20240423_120247.jpg
20240423_120341.jpg

Edit: OH! And the darned thing has balanced in AND out as well...
Very Nice! Man, you are killing it with that setup. Am I suspecting someone got an excellent income tax refund this year? LOL.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #75,132 of 75,254
Very Nice! Man, you are killing it with that setup. Am I suspecting someone got an excellent income tax refund this year? LOL.
Thank you very much. :)

Actually, unbeknownst to me the company I joined last year about this time sent me a (sizeable) profit sharing check. No one mentioned I would be getting one, and no one has said a word about it since, nor did anyone mention that I was eligible for one when I started. So, I figured I had better spend it before they change their minds... ROFL

In the meantime this thing works just as I wanted it to. I took two of the worst offenders for the "ice pick" sound, and set up a sound shape using a combination of the tube+ on the amp, Xbass analog and 3d Holography on the amp, and tone shaping of the EQ, and it is so much better than I could ever seem to achieve on a digital EQ; even with the capability to mix GEQ and PEQ. No more shouty(ness) from them, and they can now join the leagues of my regular buds for enjoyment. It is almost as if by purchasing this EQ, I have received (at least) 3 brand new TOTL buds. :)

And, yes I can indeed listen to two sets at the same time... :wink::
20240423_225425.jpg

20240423_225518.jpg

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #75,133 of 75,254
Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #75,134 of 75,254
And, yes I can indeed listen to two sets at the same time... :wink::
20240423_225425.jpg
20240423_225518.jpg

Ah I do have DAC/AMPs that have 2 outputs like my Chord Mojo 2. But I realize this double output port is not really usable in most day to day listening.

Cause the different connected transducers have different impedance/sensitivity values, so one transducer invariably will be deafeningly loud, whereas the other is just a small squeaking mouse. Short of putting 2 identical transducers in?

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #75,135 of 75,254
I just wanted to mention that after listening to my Yinman 600 for a week or so, I'm thoroughly in love and want to retract my initial hesitant impression. I'm not sure whether it is because of "burn in", getting used to the sound, or the very minor v-shaped EQ I added, but they now sound great and I can listen to them for hours and hours while working. They're very comfortable for me as well (especially compared with MX-500 shells). The only change I've otherwise done was use the donut foam from my EBS2-Pros since the one that came with the Yinman is comically large and slides off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back