Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Jun 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #137 of 1,242
The rating is only 1 to 5 / 5, so everything is highly compressed... unless you want to see x.xxxx kind of score. I doubt it is of any usefulness like that anyway.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #139 of 1,242

Quote:
Any chance you will review a CK10? I just got one and was wondering where you would put it on your list.

I definitely like to try an higher end AT some time. But at the moment, I haven't had any plan on them yet.

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #141 of 1,242
Hello ClieOS

Thank you for the great review thread. I was hoping you could help me. I love my Eternas but this time I'm looking for something a little different. I was thinking why not try BA instead of dynamic. Something more like my PL30s (in terms of clarity and presentation) but with some added bass. Might the A151 be what I'm looking for? It would be my first BA pair, so I am hoping that since the A151 are slightly warm, the transition from dynamic to BA will not be too harsh.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #142 of 1,242
as always nice review of the new soundmagic!

i've got a general question:
it's hard to decide which new iem to get. i think the main problem is that i dont know what signature is for me
i like detail, clear (no recesed) vocals (specially female), but also a wide soundstage , and fun, decent bass impact (more quality than quantity) and sparkling treble/highs.
but maybe im asking too much in only one iem?
so which category/ies do you suggest to look? and what would be the best  matching signature.
thanks

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #143 of 1,242
Quote:
you don't seem to be a sennheiser fan.. was hoping to get your thoughts on IE8 T_T

I did review two Sennheiser earbuds last year, but the local price for IE8 is still too high (close to US$500) and there are other choices that I am more interested in and have better access to. I did ask Sennheiser if they can provide me with a review sample or demo unit and they referred me to the local distributor, which ultimately told me (after over three months of communication with multiple email exchange) that if I am interested in IE8, I can read other people's review instead.. Hmm, you can't say I didn't try
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Hello ClieOS

Thank you for the great review thread. I was hoping you could help me. I love my Eternas but this time I'm looking for something a little different. I was thinking why not try BA instead of dynamic. Something more like my PL30s (in terms of clarity and presentation) but with some added bass. Might the A151 be what I'm looking for? It would be my first BA pair, so I am hoping that since the A151 are slightly warm, the transition from dynamic to BA will not be too harsh.

I won't say A151 is PL30 with bass. PFE probably fit that description better. A151 is actually quite warm with a smooth treble. But for sub$100 and as an entry level BA based IEM, A151 by itself is a good IEM with good blend of sound and build quality.

Quote:
i like detail, clear (no recesed) vocals (specially female), but also a wide soundstage , and fun, decent bass impact (more quality than quantity) and sparkling treble/highs.

I think e-Q7 might fit your need, and e-Q5 too but on a smaller extent.

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #145 of 1,242

Quote:
thank you.
but im sorry that i forgot to mention the budget limit. really sorry

i was looking for 2 prince ranges:
a sub $80-100
and also sub $150-200

i might even pick 2 iems
thanks again

Kind of hard to find an IEM that has everything you are asking for. For sub$100, I am thinking MEElec SP51. Not sure about the $200 range.

Jun 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #146 of 1,242

Quote:
Kind of hard to find an IEM that has everything you are asking for. For sub$100, I am thinking MEElec SP51. Not sure about the $200 range.

yes. i knew i might were asking too much
thank you , i'll check the sp51.
i guess, none of the head-direct/hifiman or sunrise sub $100 match? or at least not all "MY requirments" ?

Jun 22, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #147 of 1,242

Quote:
i guess, none of the head-direct/hifiman or sunrise sub $100 match? or at least not all "MY requirments" ?

The one that come close is Xcape-IE, but I thought SP51 fits better.

Jun 22, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #149 of 1,242

Users who are viewing this thread

Back