Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Jun 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #151 of 1,242
Neither of them has good isolation. They are either about or slightly below average, but to to a point that can't be used on busy street.

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #152 of 1,242

Quote:
Neither of them has good isolation. They are either about or slightly below average, but to to a point that can't be used on busy street.

that's bad news
frown.gif
. most of my iem use is on busy street , peak hours travels

guess, i should start the search again from those that are more suitable for that use
so, do you mind if ask you again 
triportsad.gif
....?

Jul 2, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #154 of 1,242

Quote:
how would the ps 210 isolation compare to most headphones like the ath-m50? , better worst  ?

PS210 isolates as much as a typical iBud, so I would imagine M50 to be just a little better.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #155 of 1,242
hi
i dont if to post this here or in the tips thread. but i'll post it here

the thing is, i give up on the pl50. they sound really great, and they're my 1st good iem.
but i cant get a decent isolation nor fit (specially, strangely , in the right ear)
bought different tips, and none of them really worked.
(havent tried comply foams yet)
i wont sell/give away , as they're a gift
too bad, i was expecting much more from them in these aspects. it even makes want to "go back" to earbuds

so , any suggestions  for another iem?
thanks

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #156 of 1,242

Quote:
hi
so , any suggestions  for another iem?
thanks

Without knowing what issue you have with fitting, any other IEM recommendation could just be another IEM that doesn't fit. I don't think that will be useful for you right now. Why not tell us what eartips and size you have already tried?

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #157 of 1,242
sure.
in order they are:
all the stock tips that came with the pl50, silicone and foam.
sony hybrids clones, 3 sizes
tri-flanges for ety/westone/sure (im pretty sure they arent originals). 2 sizes. also, i trimmed some of them in different ways
and finally, the meelec bi-flanges for m6/a151

the ones i most used were the stock and the hybrids , both in mid and large size 
thanks

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #158 of 1,242
Seem like you already tried most of the typical eartips recommended in the forum. I would recommend large Shure olive for a last try. If not, I think SE215 could work for you, granted if you can look pass possibility of the cable issue.

Quote:
sure.
in order they are:
all the stock tips that came with the pl50, silicone and foam.
sony hybrids clones, 3 sizes
tri-flanges for ety/westone/sure (im pretty sure they arent originals). 2 sizes. also, i trimmed some of them in different ways
and finally, the meelec bi-flanges for m6/a151

the ones i most used were the stock and the hybrids , both in mid and large size 
thanks

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #159 of 1,242
thanks

where should i buy them?

i found this 2 sellers in ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-LARGE-Foam-Sleeves-Ear-tips-SHURE-E3-c-E4-c-E5-c-SCL-/190489225788
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-Foam-aka-Olives-Large-EABKF1-10L-/300578708264?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item45fbe31b28

not sure about the second one
how are those prices? or should i buy in other place?

and how are those olives different from the pl50 large ones? the pl50's are too long and hurt inside my ears and dont have a good "grip" or fit

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #160 of 1,242

Quote:
thanks

where should i buy them?

i found this 2 sellers in ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-LARGE-Foam-Sleeves-Ear-tips-SHURE-E3-c-E4-c-E5-c-SCL-/190489225788
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-Foam-aka-Olives-Large-EABKF1-10L-/300578708264?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item45fbe31b28

not sure about the second one
how are those prices? or should i buy in other place?

and how are those olives different from the pl50 large ones? the pl50's are too long and hurt inside my ears and dont have a good "grip" or fit

The price is okay. You can also look into the mid sized as well. I think we can assume your ear canal is probably a bit odd shaped on one side, so I don't know how well it will fit you. The only way to find a solution is keep trying, or give up for good.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #161 of 1,242

Quote:
The price is okay. You can also look into the mid sized as well. I think we can assume your ear canal is probably a bit odd shaped on one side, so I don't know how well it will fit you. The only way to find a solution is keep trying, or give up for good.

i think i'll try those foams if i can get the 2 sizes. funny but im spending more money on tips than the earphone itself
so, can you please confirm me the length of the olives, if they're long as the pl50 ones?

as for the se215 that you suggested. i think that cable issue will be bothersome to me. besides i cant find them online for $100 and with shipping to my country.
in local stores they're about $130, but seems i can test them before. but that price is a bit high for me right now
anyway, i asume the tips that come with the se215 are those olives you mention before,  right?

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #162 of 1,242
Mid sized olive is about 1cm in length. I am not sure where I placed the PL50 foam tips but I think it is a little shorter, but not by much.

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #163 of 1,242
i checked both mid and large pl50's
the M is 1cm and the large 1.2cm, i guess the large olive are at least like that
if so, then i think they wont help me with the pl50

so, when you say give up for good you mean just the pl50 or any iem at all?

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #164 of 1,242
Quote:
so, when you say give up for good you mean just the pl50 or any iem at all?

That's entirely up to you to decide.

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #165 of 1,242
i wont mind leaving the pl50, but of course i dont want to leave the iem world.

im ready to try another iem. for comfort/isolation/fit sake i wouldnt mind much about the signature (as long it isnt just bassy) nor about driver type
at first i wanted the pl50 as they were famous for being comofortable, and they're. but maybe the design of small housing or angled nozzle just dont match me
maybe a straight nozzle should work? or something else?
im open to any other suggestions within the sub $100 (for now) category (but i can consider the re-zero as an exception)
the ones like hf5 look good but are a too risky bet right now
thanks again for all the help and sorry if im bothering too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back